Votes: 28 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Read a article recently, in the days of the Jewish Temple they used hemp in the swingy smokey thingy. Didn't Jesus spend his childhood hanging in the temple? Does this mean Jesus was a stoner?

But hey, don't take my word on this.

http://hightimes.com/news/ht_admin/139

Twila - do us a favor and buy that brother of yours a coverup - the mental image of your brother ciming out of a pool without anything on......is a worse visual than Joe's hurting hair........

I don't need any pot to screw my brain up, that visual alone is enough to do that.

Reactions: Twila and bloomz
I am on the "legalize it, tax the heck out if it" team. Though pot and stoners don't appeal to me, if drinking is legal, why not. And no I don't think drinking should be outlawed though it turns out I can't handle any of it. Being completely drug-free works for me personally but I won't try to impose that on other people. Making things legal or illegal doesn't stop addiction. I took the same class that bloomz did! lol
For the people who can do it responsibly, why not! I LOVE Paula's comment, "would anything get done" SO true.

Reactions: Carol Bice
Twila - do us a favor and buy that brother of yours a coverup - the mental image of your brother ciming out of a pool without anything on......is a worse visual than Joe's hurting hair........

I don't need any pot to screw my brain up, that visual alone is enough to do that.

Wow Rickie - even you?

I'm deeply wounded - and...

You just dashed any chance I am gonna turn gay I'm afraid.:walking:

Reactions: Twila
Bloomzie - Theres a better chance of me turning straight that you going gay on us.

Reactions: Twila and bloomz
However, I have a couple friends who are the best people to be around for their first 2 or 3 drinks -- funny, best jokes, interesting conversations, but then they suddenly "fall off the cliff" on that next drink and become belligerent, rude to the bartender, rude to anyone who doesn't agree with them on a subject, calling them "stupid," etc., etc.

Reminds me of a T-shirt I saw on a former drinker -
"INSTANT A**HOLE - JUST ADD ALCOHOL!"

This is just from what I have observed and from smoking pot a long time ago, I have no 100% right answers, it's just from what I have seen in my life -

(The unexamined life is not worth living - Socrates) And a lot of my friends fail at examining their life and it's do to the mask they inhale for a few hours of get away... instead of facing their problems and fixing them. I know this doesn't fit 100%, but a lot that I know.

But if they legalize it, I won't care and won't judge. I will be excited to see the results either way 10 years down the road. I know in Amsterdam it's worse than ever.

And talking to all the people and kids (I teach Alt Ed high school at night) I know who smoke pot if they tax the marry jane they will keep buying it illegally like they have always done. If they get caught, slap on the wrist, and saved a lot of money in taxes.

If the Federal Govt has spent $billions trying to get people to quit smoking cigarettes because of the associate health risks posed by them, why would the Fed's want to legalize another Carcinogen?

The last thing we tax payers need is another tax on a harmful product.

http://www.drugabuse.gov/Infofacts/marijuana.html

Effects on the Lungs
Numerous studies have shown marijuana smoke to contain carcinogens and to be an irritant to the lungs. In fact, marijuana smoke contains 50–70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than does tobacco smoke.

Yeah but....a casual cigarette smoker will smoke half a pack + each day, whereas a casual pot smoker will smoke about 3 cones (a cone is about the size of a teaspoon) each day - so thats just three lungfulls of smoke for the stoner.

The making a pill thing? That will mean Big Pharma and govt. would admit to the health benefits - big pharma will miss out because people would still grow & smoke their own. Govt. run trials for medical marijuana have been skewed to pervert the results - they give patients poor qulity rubbush to smoke for example. There is still much resistance from governments to admit to the lies and propaganda of the last 100 years.

Oh and for that hair pain - as your Doctor I prescribe one joint a day and avoid thinking of Bloomz nekkid at the computer ;)

Reactions: bloomz
(The unexamined life is not worth living - Socrates) And a lot of my friends fail at examining their life and it's do to the mask they inhale for a few hours of get away... instead of facing their problems and fixing them. I know this doesn't fit 100%, but a lot that I know.
Sound like alcoholics too....

I agree with ya Daz.... one has to fix ones life before they can ever hope to grow and move past the things that drive addictions to food, drugs, alcohol, codependency and all the others...

Having done that, then one has a moral choice to make...

Peace.

I think it should be legalized I have never smoked..I do enjoy my martini at the end of a long day...however I am in a situation where I have seen the medicinal effects of pot..my husband had been prescribed very potent pain killers and a bunch of other garbage to ease the side effects of chemo therapy all he did was sleep and take pills..He smoked when he was in college and got some pot..eased his pain and controlled the side effects..and he was able to function not sleep away what life he has left...Illegal to obtain...yes... does it scare me... yes...however I can see this man off the powerful pain killers and in a much better frame of mind than before he started smoking again. will I smoke...no...but I am all for making it legal.
Becky

lol
Oh and for that hair pain - as your Doctor I prescribe one joint a day and avoid thinking of Bloomz nekkid at the computer ;)

Ack!!! I may have to start now with that visual stuck in my head for the day.... God, mind worms... I hate those.

Thanks a lot Todd.
V

Reactions: Toddxxx and Palms
This thread has turned into one big party now, hasn't it.

How ironic, just talking about alcohol and pot without using it has been fun here!!

they give patients poor qulity rubbush to smoke for example.
It's a little different here in Michigan. Once you get a medicinal marijuana permit, you then have the license to grow your own, up to 12 plants at any one time (or in various stages).. I can get a few pounds per plant usually (in my past life)...

When I was younger, Mexican Marijuana had a THC potency level of 3-4%. Today's "Street Smoke" is running about 8-11%. However, the people I know growing for medicinal use are smoking pot with a 21-23% THC content. This is achieved by cloning plants (yes there is a machine for this) and then using those seeds to produce another generation of the same plant, thus the THC content is increased with each successive generation.

Yes the people I know that grow it grow some killer skunk bud. - nothing to sneeze at.

One question I have:

With alcohol, it's illegal to drink and drive and you can't come to work drunk.

I assume the same rules would apply to pot. However, how do you easily test for pot usage like a breathalizer test for alcohol? Is there a similar, easy, non-invasive test for marijuana?

Status
Not open for further replies.