Votes: 28 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a PLANT for crying out loud. Of course, it should be legal. What the heck would the government do if we started a rumor that dandalions make you feel good? How would they control that?

It would create new business that can be taxed AND buzzed people might be more likely to pay $80 for a dozen roses! lol

Effects on the Lungs
Numerous studies have shown marijuana smoke to contain carcinogens and to be an irritant to the lungs. In fact, marijuana smoke contains 50–70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than does tobacco smoke

Not trying to be contrary, but, want more information because I think it probably will pass sometime in the future.

So, since a few people need it for medicinal purposes, their needs outweight the needs of the ones of us that are allergic?

Carol Bice

It is a PLANT for crying out loud. Of course, it should be legal. What the heck would the government do if we started a rumor that dandalions make you feel good? How would they control that?
Shh... don't tell the government or they'll try to control that too like they are Salvia, another hallucinogen that's all natural...

Oh and Peyote Cactus too...

Would anyone ever get anything done??;)

LOL - maybe we could feed it to our competitors?lol

Also the rest of the illegal drugs with just a couple exceptions (PCP is a quite strong and dangerous - I took a class)

But if using was mandatory and I had to choose between heroin and alcohol - well I still wouldn't drink that poison.

I think alcohol bottles should have to put the skull and crossbones on them.

If the Federal Govt has spent $billions trying to get people to quit smoking cigarettes because of the associate health risks posed by them, why would the Fed's want to legalize another Carcinogen?

The last thing we tax payers need is another tax on a harmful product.

http://www.drugabuse.gov/Infofacts/marijuana.html

Effects on the Lungs
Numerous studies have shown marijuana smoke to contain carcinogens and to be an irritant to the lungs. In fact, marijuana smoke contains 50–70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than does tobacco smoke

Yeah they sure do, but keep this in mind as well a whole lota tax money goes to some states for all kinds of things, Say in my area, 5.97 goes to taxes as well as health care for children on one pack of cigs..

Bring on the munchies. . . .

News Flash:
-Frito-Lay stock shoots through the roof.
-White Castle and Krystal restaurants plan nation wide expansion.
-America dumbed down by recent legalization of pot.
-Reports of increased cancer rates for pot smokers. . . . good thing it's legal to allow relief from pain and suffering.
-Hit show "Are you smarter than a fifth grader" must lower standards to "Are you smarter than a third grader" due to effects of widespread pot usage.
-Government to subsidize pot smoking workers for loss of jobs due to smokers inability to concentrate and even show up for work.

I guess that's why I voted no.

As a person who (long, long ago) has experienced it to extreme. I would hate to think where I would be today had I continued on that path.

I hate the thought of working around pot smokers in an industrial plant.

I guess if it's legalized, that would mean we would not be allowed to test for drugs at hiring? Dumb idea.

Well if it does get legalised...

.............I am opening a sweet shop for sure!!

When thinking about something i think about if i would like my kids to do it. And the answer to that one is no. No pot, coke (which is huge over here), crack, smack or binge drinking.

Although i am not naive enough to believe that they wont try pot or binge drinking (that is also massive problem over here), i hope its not a regular thing..

But having said that, if i had to choose between being massively stoned or massively drunk i would have to choose stoned, far less trouble...

(i dont smoke pot btw but used to in my younger years)

Reactions: Carol Bice
The last thing we tax payers need is another tax on a harmful product.

...but keep this in mind as well a whole lota tax money goes to some states for all kinds of things, Say in my area, 5.97 goes to taxes as well as health care for children on one pack of cigs..

I despise cigarette smoke, not fond of pot smoke/smell either. I don't know how anyone could kiss a smoker everyday - NASTY!

I LOVE the fact that you can't smoke in most restaurants and bars in PA and NJ now. I have friends that smoke both types, but I could care less if they smoke outside my house as long as they take the mess with them. I wish they would not smoke for health reasons. I feel the high taxes on cigarettes is a huge reason NOT to smoke. If the taxes can go to something good and pack a day smokers are STILL willing to spend $2 /yr.... then the taxes are a good thing and they are a stupid ass.

Now if the pot smokers still want to spend $2k per year on pot... then I say legalize it, tax it and put the tax money to something good rather than in drug dealers pockets.

In the Uk, it is now illegal to smoke anything in public indoors. It has been out over a year now and it is fab being able to go for a night out without coming back stinking.

Reactions: Carol Bice
In the Uk, it is now illegal to smoke anything in public indoors. It has been out over a year now and it is fab being able to go for a night out without coming back stinking.

A few years ago, I went to Paris to spend a couple of weeks, but, I had to come home after two days because I could not escape the smoke anywhere. The restaurants didn't even have a no smoking section, inside or outside. The hotel rooms all smelled of smoke. I had such an allergic reaction that I had to hop the first plane back home after getting all the shots to bring me back to life.

I had spent two weeks in Scotland before that, but, it wasn't nearly as bad....I could pick and choose more carefully. I understand it is smoke free now....may have to go back.

Carol Bice

LOL - maybe we could feed it to our competitors?lol
Hey! that was my thought! What would her arrangements look like then? I just can't imagine how they could get any worse!

And DELIVERIES - "watch out, here comes that high flower lady again... "
lol
I know, I know... I'm BAD!!!!

Heather , If they're smoking the "good" stuff , it's probably more than $2000, goes for around $325 an oz here. Regs is alot less but Krippie is expensive.
Isn't it great to KNOW these things and still be sober! :scooter:

Heather , If they're smoking the "good" stuff , it's probably more than $2000, goes for around $325 an oz here. Regs is alot less but Krippie is expensive.
Yikes...!

Some of the best smoke in the US is grown right here, Pinconning Paralyzer, runs about $240.00/oz but is cheaper by the 1/4 lb or full pound...no transportation costs I guess ;)

Like 1-2 drinks a night, and everything else, moderation is key...a doob a day...like they say ;)

Reactions: RonBeyer
We've been flirting with the same issues here. One minute it's okay, the next it's not.

Even growing up when I did, I never did try weed... can't stand the smell.

They may as well legalise it and have it over with.

V

this thread is making my hair hurt.

FTR: The general consensus here with FC posters is cigarettes are bad but pot is good.?.?.?.?

and as far as medicinal use.... can't pharmecutical companies extract the good parts of marijuana and put it in a liquid or pill form that woundn't cause lung damage via the smoking of the product?

joe

Reactions: Twila
this thread is making my hair hurt.

FTR: The general consensus here with FC posters is cigarettes are bad but pot is good.?.?.?.?

and as far as medicinal use.... can't pharmecutical companies extract the good parts of marijuana and put it in a liquid or pill form that woundn't cause lung damage via the smoking of the product?

joe

I have wondered about that for a long time. Anyone know the answer?

Carol Bice

I don't know if they can extract the 'good' stuff or not, but the visual image of Joe's hair hurting is enough for me.

I'm sure to piss somebody off here but I feel for people who've never smoked good dope.

It was (past tense) truly one of the greatest pleasures in my life - until it ruined it cuz I went on to everything else, that is.

But I do pine sometimes for smoking some good hash and wish I could smoke it again - tho I have absolutely no plans to.

Which reminds me - time to get dressed and go to my home group.

I just came from swimming and I'm typing this naked - how ya like me now?

There must be a way to get the THC out cause they can make a potent tea with it...and I'm told it does the job so to speak. And who could forget brownies with it in the old days...different kind of high I guess.

Bloomzie, that was just TMI LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.