Not open for further replies.

BOSS

FlowerChat Administrator
Oct 31, 2002
Midland
www.smithsflowers.com
State / Prov
MI
Just thought I'd put this out there (since we have not had a good debate in a day or two) and see if I could stir up some debate...

Personally I think it should be legalized, and that alcohol should be criminalized. Well at least stupidity should be anyway...

I'd much rather have a pot smoker heading at me on the road that a drunk...

What say you?

I mostly agree! I don't think alcohol should be crimimalized, drinking in moderation is fun, stress releasing, etc.

However, I have a couple friends who are the best people to be around for their first 2 or 3 drinks -- funny, best jokes, interesting conversations, but then they suddenly "fall off the cliff" on that next drink and become belligerent, rude to the bartender, rude to anyone who doesn't agree with them on a subject, calling them "stupid," etc., etc. John and I often have had to take the keys from and drive a drunk friend home and listen to him yell all the way home about something that twisted his shorts ... one night we had to hear what a dope Ted Kennedy was in the Mary Jo Kopeckny thing ... my God, that happened years ago yet we're hearing his anger now!!! I was ready to jump out the car window!

On the other hand, I have NEVER disliked being with smokers...fun evenings, lots of laughs, great music, no taking care of someone puking, no hangovers. Can't think of one single problem that ever resulted.

Not to mention the most important thing about pot, helping to relieve the pain of people suffering.

Gotta disgre with you Mark - If we legalize Pot, then that is something ELSE the O-Man will try to 'govern' -

I for one want him as least involved as possible,

Gotta disgre with you Mark - If we legalize Pot, then that is something ELSE the O-Man will try to 'govern' -

I for one want him as least involved as possible,
Would you say the same thing if it were a Republican in office?

Marijuana WILL be legalized in the not to distant future. California alone has to just to balance their budget, but that aside it only makes sense(to me anyway) that since you can't control it, legalize it, tax it, and put the American Farmer back to work...:ssmoke

Yep, I would .... eben with one'o'dem dere 'publicans wuz in th' hot seat.

Reactions: Flowers By Faith
It's insane that it is illegal.
I am thrilled to think that in my life time this might change.

Think of all the consequences if it does become legal.
Tax it - income for the government. Or better yet, have the government sell it.
The multiudes of prisoners in jail for selling pot - released.

Just for the record. I love Obama. More and more as the days pass.
For a long time I was embarrassed for our wonderful country.
Embarrassed by the decisions of self serving greedy politicians that had no concerns or insights that their stupidity was ruining our country and our planet.

Now, I'm proud to be lead by a man with kindness and grace and common sense.
G-d has sent us Obama just in time - let's hope...
I've always felt that one person can make a difference.

I am undecided. The pot of today is not the pot of my college days. It's tons more potent than the "weed" of the 70's.

I do see legalization coming. Especially if the tobacco companies decide this is their next "cash cow" as tobacco becomes more regulated and demonized.

I do not think those in jail/prison for selling pot will be released, they did do a crime (at the time).

And it's not Obama but the states that are pushing for legalization.... but it does only make sense...

You're right, Boss
But, don't you think that there will be movement to get prison cases reviewed and rethought and retrialed???

I see our government's thinking now with a level of common sense.

Like, I love, love, love the car program that's happening now.

A $4500 incentive from the goverment to trade in a car that gets under 18 miles per gallon. Get's the gas guzzlers off the street -cuts down on pollution emissions - fuels money into the car companies (which now are partly owned by the government), plus gets the consumer to spend. It's just brilliant all the way around.

I have faith that if pot does become legalized, this same wave of common sense will previal.
Bottom line, I have faith again in our country.

Reactions: bloomz
As someone who thinks it should be legal so that children and adults alike can get it for medical reasons you darn right it should be, also if something is forbiden then you know it is no more fun So legalize the stuff and get it over, heavens the drug problem in my area is that of the legal script ones,,,,Go figure that one out,,

I agree, it should be legal. I'd rather be around smokers than drinkers any day. I've been sober all the way around since '94 so it's not a personal prefererence, though I might consider a few tokes if it was legal lol

Hanging around bikers all the time sure gives me some perspective on this one:scooter:

Just the economic benefits for the country are staggering, more taxes, less jails, less work for the police.

What was that latest bust in the golden hills of California. something like a billion dollars worth of hootch? A billion bucks of American dollars that woulda made it to the Mexican Cartel. Hmm...

As far as taxing the stuff I say go for it, tax the hell out of it, for what potheads pay for the stuff, it would definitely be cheaper and keep our money circulating in our economy.

I also think a big fat purple bud in full bloom would be a wonderful compliment to a dozen roses, high style of course.

I can live without both - There will always be those that abuse booze and drugs - Legal or NOT.

I do enjoy a margarita with my enchiladas - or a glass of wine with my pasta.. So I sure hope that liquor is not outlawed -

As far as legal pot - There are many drugs on the market - over the counter and prescription that are far more dangerous than pot - especially when combined with other drugs.

I know far more people that are addicted to prescription drugs than illegal drugs and it's all legal - and the doctors just keep giving them more and more drugs - That are not all natural like pot BTW...

So - With that said - The economic benefits only make sense... I do agree that there would have to be regulation. It would need to be graded somehow?

FYI - I have never smoked it and I never will! :O) I'm Crazy and stupid enough without it! :O)

I know far more people that are addicted to prescription drugs than illegal drugs and it's all legal - and the doctors just keep giving them more and more drugs - That are not all natural like pot BTW...
Me too, it's sad. Had a guy come to the shelter with 22 scripts from 6 different doc's... no wonder society is a wreck...

Just wondering....

I know I must live in a naive community because no one I hang with smokes, but, some drink a little. Since I am medically allergic to cigarette smoke--would pot affect me the same way?

I just can't imagine being in a crowd where there was a lot of smoking without an allergic reaction. I guess it depends on the ingredients in pot of which I know very little.

It seems to have taken a lifetime to be able to go places without leaving because of the smoking....now, if it is legal, will I be back to the same old problem?

I think it is a sad commentary on the human race that we feel like we have to imbibe since we are a part of society. I know my feelings are in the minority and not based on morals, but, creature comforts of living.

Bring it on.

Carol Bice

Carol, just my opinion but, I doubt that the "no smoking in public" rules would be modified by that.
Personally, I HATE ciggie smoke, loath the smell and I try not to sit next to anyone who reaks, but then I feel the same way about perfume and think that is an imposition on my breathing freedom.
I can tell you that while I don't smoke anything, I do have many friends who do and am exposed to it quite a bit. I just had a life insurance exam where they test for nicotine and substances and a whole bunch of other stuff and it all came up negative. Maybe I don't breathe deeply enough, lol
The leagalization just make so much more sense on so many levels.

Reactions: Carol Bice
It might carol, but I don't think so. Most people I know that are allergic to cigarette smoke are allergic to the over 400 chemicals in cigs... pot's all natural :)

Remember:

Man made alcohol, God made weed, we trust in God, so please save your seeds ;)

Reactions: Carol Bice
If the Federal Govt has spent $billions trying to get people to quit smoking cigarettes because of the associate health risks posed by them, why would the Fed's want to legalize another Carcinogen?

The last thing we tax payers need is another tax on a harmful product.

http://www.drugabuse.gov/Infofacts/marijuana.html

Effects on the Lungs
Numerous studies have shown marijuana smoke to contain carcinogens and to be an irritant to the lungs. In fact, marijuana smoke contains 50–70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than does tobacco smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.