Status
Not open for further replies.

artistry in bloom

Jul 24, 2007
Victoria
www.flowerartisan.com
State / Prov
British Columbia
I have been trying to improve my google ranking in google maps and the local business center. I finally made it to page one in most searches but then the end of May something happened with google local and 6 of the 10 florists that are now on the first page of google maps have either closed,don't have websites, or are only corner grocery stores that don't even deliver. Anyway I am hoping a video might get me back on page 1 and I noticed in the google local business center it helps if you have a You Tube video. I noticed on Picasa 3 that you can make a movie and upload it to You Tube so I gave it a try. It was a bit frustrating because I wanted it to take up the full screen and not be cropped. On my computer with Picasa I had it just right but when I uploaded it to You Tube it now has black borders.However at least I got it on there and also have added it to my google local listing so hopefully it will do some good.
It was fun to do and a real learning experience.
I'm not sure if this is the way to embed it but its:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOszxEUBTDY
At first it was a bit blurry but when I switched to HD it cleared up.
If the You Tube http doesn't work you can find it by searching for Artistry in Bloom Victoria BC on You Tube. It's over 3 minutes because I couldn't figure out how to shorten the music.Maybe I'll figure that out on my next video.
There don't seem to be many florist videos on You Tube. If any of you have done them did it help with your google ranking?

Dianne

Nice work! When I have stuff for the Island, I'll give you a call.
Spent last January in Ucuelet, and Loved! every minute of it.
Thanks for a great video...one day I will figure out how to do it for my shop, and your video will be my inspiration.
Thanks,
Joanne

Dianne, Congratulations on your first YouTube video (are you sure it's only your first?) You did a great job. All your designs are absolutely stunning! I especially loved the High Heel designs, and, of course, the "Puppy" arrangements. Don't really know if it will help your google rankings - but it couldn't hurt. You may want to send a PM to Master J (Adam of Belvedere Florist in Philly) - he's our resident video Guru. Again, great work!

That's a WOW from MEE!

Dear Diane:

All I gots to say is WOW!

Loved the selections and loved the backround music.

Also, and when my family visited your beautiful city of Victoria, we were all WOW-ED with how beautiful it is!

Our best dinner, over all, was when we went to the Banana Leaf in Vancouver and had their Dungeness Crab, Malayese style.

http://www.bananaleaf-vancouver.com/index2.html

Regarding the fact that, this is the first time you posted on FC, looks to mee as if your CHERRY IS POPPED and you'll be posting more as time goes by. At least FORE MEE, I hope so!

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks for all the nice comments. Sorry I didn't mean my first post I meant the first time I started a thread. I have actually posted quite a bit.
I had fun making the video. I have a lot to learn but I enjoy doing anything that is related to design.

Dianne

Reactions: TOTO
Dianne, it is a beautiful video.So now you can pass on the advice for the rest of us. Thats to funny.... I do good to down load and e-mail my photos. teehee

Really great work. Thanks for sharing I really love the yellow cymbid bouquet.

Great job!!!! I'm such a fan of your design style. It is absoultely gorgeous! The video is put together very well and really showcases your unique styles. The lighting and photography is excellant.

My one and only suggestion is the music. I like it, but it seems a little 90's new agey. I think you need something a little more upbeat and modern. Although it is relaxing, internet users need something a little more upbeat to keep their attention. You just seem to have a cutting edge style and the music should follow suit.

I AM IMPRESSED !!!! - The designs are breath-taking. Gorgeous photography, Musical accompaniment - superb.

I am in awe.

Wow. Your work is truly stunning! Worthy of a book.

Great effort on the video and thanks for sharing how you did it entirely with FREE tools. :)

Quick couple questions.... how do you get the wedding bouquets to stand up (seemingly on their own) in the photos? Do you shoot your own pictures? The quality is terrific.

On thing to help you optimize the video a bit more: include the words 'flowers' and/or 'florist' in your title and description. We have a similar issue in that neither of those words are in our business name or our URL so ranking for the terms takes more work.

Also - be sure to add a link to your website from your channel page.

Thanks everyone and thanks CHR,

I rushed to get the video done on my afternoon off .After work today I will go back and study You Tube in depth. (I don't even know what my channel page is) and do the changes you suggest.I did put "florist" and "flowers" and Victoria BC in the search term list they ask you to fill out.
Yes I shoot my own pictures .Some of the bouquets are in clear vases but some of them are standing up on their own. I have an excellent knife that I use to cut the bottoms of the stems in a straight line and then I carefully place the bouquet on the table until I can feel it is stable.With some of the more difficult bouquets I use a display riser placed on it's side behind the material to partially hold up the bouquet.

Dianne

I used to have a lot of trouble finding cheap stylish new shoes but discovered I was looking at the wrong places. I would go to places like Shoe Warehouse or other shoe stores and look in the sale racks at the back of the store but they were still expensive to use as a vase. Then I happened to notice the pink ones in the window at Le Chateau which is a clothing store and found out they have shoe sales racks at the back of the store. They have one rack with shoes $20 or less so that is where I go.I also discovered that other clothes stores have a few shoe racks and some of them have boxes of deeply discounted shoes that they will bring out for you if you ask. I try to stay around $20 max which makes each shoe container work out at $10.00.It's best to find them at the end of the season- this is a good time for deeply discounted summer shoes. I never use brown or black or dull colors so winter is a bad time for shoe hunting.

Dianne

Very, very nice job!! (and I thought I was doing great adding video to my facebook page) :loopy

I used to have a lot of trouble finding cheap stylish new shoes but discovered I was looking at the wrong places. I would go to places like Shoe Warehouse or other shoe stores and look in the sale racks at the back of the store but they were still expensive to use as a vase. Then I happened to notice the pink ones in the window at Le Chateau which is a clothing store and found out they have shoe sales racks at the back of the store. They have one rack with shoes $20 or less so that is where I go.I also discovered that other clothes stores have a few shoe racks and some of them have boxes of deeply discounted shoes that they will bring out for you if you ask. I try to stay around $20 max which makes each shoe container work out at $10.00.It's best to find them at the end of the season- this is a good time for deeply discounted summer shoes. I never use brown or black or dull colors so winter is a bad time for shoe hunting.

Dianne

Shoes with flowers, could be the cure for stinky feet!!!!

Dianne

Cool idea. Although IMHO, I think a black patent leather shoe with hot pink flowers could be really fun. And I am jealous of you being so close to Le Chateau. I discovered that store while on vacation in Whistler. Might have been my favorite store ever. I so wish they would expand further into the states. Or allow purchasing on their website. We have nothing that compares around here.

Maybe you could match the shoe to the recipient's size and sell the matching shoe too!

Status
Not open for further replies.