No one would know this about me......

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was once held at gunpoint by two police officers...they mistakenly thought I was robbing a restaurant. (the restaurant happened to be MINE) AND YES, they told me to put my hands in the air!

Dang, hangglidegirl gets to talk with Tom Cruise for an HOUR, while I, on the other hand, get guns pointed at me. Some girls have all the luck!

Thom,

You reminded me of my brushes with fame. I was 10 years old and a HUGE fan of Mark Lindsay, lead singer of Paul Revere and the Raiders. (Younger readers, just skip this post... you won't know these people. LOL)

My mom, siblings and I were in a restaurant at the San Francisco airport. He was in the next booth. I wanted so badly to say hi and that I was a fan, but I was only 10. I sat there mute, hating myself. I could have at least gotten his autograph, but I was just frozen.

I have since seen him again, up close and personal. He did a show on New Years' Eve a couple years ago, at a local hotel. He lives somewhere around Portland. He took a break, and happened to walk right past me. I smiled at him and told him I'd been a fan for over 40 years. It felt great to finally tell him!

I ended up seeing him again. He had a restaurant in Portland that was only in business a year or two. He broadcasted his radio show from a corner booth in the restaurant on Saturday nights. We went there for dinner once with 2 other couples. I passed him in the hall as I headed to the ladies room. We exchanged smiles and nods.

Kind of weird that our paths have crossed 3 times!

(Younger readers, just skip this post... you won't know these people. LOL)

!

Hmmm....this makes me think we need to make a 35 and under group here on FC!! ;)

Beth, what if he thought the same of you? Ever wonder about that?

No, never have. I kind of think he probably has no idea we saw each other three times. He must meet lots of people every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.