OMG!! I'm so freakin' sick, literally..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my gosh, think good thoughts for our household, please.

My 9 year old has had a fever for a day and a half.. usually 101 to 102, but got up to 103.8 earlier. And now an ear ache. We're going to the doctor in a half hour.

I suddenly am coughing and I'm sure I have a sinus infection.

Hubby and 2 big sons all saying "I'm sick too", coughing, fevers.

That's all 5 of us! Unreal! I don't think this has ever happened!

Every news report I have heard talking about this has reported that although the cold and flu season started late.........it is more severe than normal.

Now, they can be expensive, but there ARE a few viral antibiotics on the market....so if your doctor says there are NONE....He is not informed.

A sinus infection, bronchitis, ear infection are all bacterial infections and antibiotics can help. The cold and flue are viral infections and they pretty much have to run it's course as even the few available viral antibiotics are not that effective.

Thanks, Ricky. I figure Tony (ear infection) will get meds. I'm waiting to see how I feel tomorrow, but if sinuses aren't better, I imagine I'll be able to get antibiotics. The rest of them will just have to suffer, most likely.. unless their symptoms change.

Every news report I have heard talking about this has reported that although the cold and flu season started late.........it is more severe than normal.

Now, they can be expensive, but there ARE a few viral antibiotics on the market....so if your doctor says there are NONE....He is not informed.

A sinus infection, bronchitis, ear infection are all bacterial infections and antibiotics can help. The cold and flue are viral infections and they pretty much have to run it's course as even the few available viral antibiotics are not that effective.

My daughter the Nurse Practitioner says:
you can treat bacteria, you only treat viral when emergency measures call for it (such as COPD, Age, Allergies, compromised immune systems)
Although it takes a long time for this "crud" to run it's course, lots of fluids, Vitamin C, if necessary, Alka Seltzer Plus cold medications work the best to allieve some symptoms, and of course, healthy eating lightly.

Shannon, So sorry to hear that your Mom is ill. I will keep both of you in my prayers. I finally came back to work today after my bout with pink eye and sinus infection. I have all kinds of sympathy for others when they are sick, but no patience with myself. I'm glad to be back in my store. I was going Nuts at home.

Thanks yellow roses!

Update on my Mommy...

Pancreas is OK, gall bladder is OK,
aneurysm has to be watched closely,

and next week she goes in for thyroid tests.

Me, I'm still sick, but back at work, but wish I wasn't and today was the day from hell. But my Auntie from Texas is in town and bought me my favorite Chinese food for dinner. yum!

It got me too!

All I can say is what ever this stuff is if horrible. I have been flat on my back since Wed afternoon. My throat hurts from coughing and my eyes hurt too! I still ache everywere. Just wish it would go away.

Yeah now the flu has reached us. Tessa has been vomiting, my house smells like vomit. Thank god it's now 60 degrees and I have opened the windows. Sprayed the house down with Lysol. Beautiful day!

I worked for a good many years beside a lady designer who was also a registered nurse......she gave me a bit of advice that I am going to pass on to all of you who are 'under the influence of the bug'

If you are taking OVER-THE-COUNTER medicines to treat the symptoms, to equal prescription strength......you take a double dose of recommended dosage.

If the instructions say to take 4 pills, take 8 - she told me that OTC meds are usually 1/2 the strength of prescription strength.

All I can say is what ever this stuff is if horrible. I have been flat on my back since Wed afternoon. My throat hurts from coughing and my eyes hurt too! I still ache everywere. Just wish it would go away.

Karen,

I'm sure we have the same thing. Have you had a fever too? My youngest son just missed a whole week of school. My big kids are okay. My husband and I have been sick since Tuesday. I went to work yesterday, but probably shouldn't have. It's so awful. This is like some kind of super cold. I wish they'd find a vaccine for stuff like this!!

Reactions: LOTAKIDS
OH MY!! I just wish I could quit coughing. My eyes hurt, and my head, chest ect. when I cough.

My employees have been great, but I have a big funeral tomorrow I need to go get the rest of the flowers for-- time to see if they will deliver!! They told me they would last week. I just hope it will work out as I don't think I have the energey to go. I have been up for about an hour and am done!

Yes, the coughing is the worst! Haven't had a good night's sleep in days. Wake up every 5 min. or more, coughing. All night long. Awful. Feel better soon, Karen.

yep, I have than stupid cough as well, I'm headed into my 4th week with this crap.

The cough is relentless. It makes my head hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.