OMG!! I'm so freakin' sick, literally..

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK my mom says to boil grapefruit and lemon with water for a while, cut both, sqeeze with and to extract some juice, add honey to be able to bear taste.

OK I am ready -- this coughing fits are killer:boggles:

I went and had a massage today to either kill me or make my imunity system start.

Karen I agree with your MOm the citris fruits are great for this kinds thing.I find the cough the worst too although I'm over my latest bout .Ricky I woud worry about doubling up the doseage on any OTC medicine as I think the least amount you can take the better .
Teresa

Well after spraying Lysol like crazy, the kids and I eating oranges & drinking orange juice like crazy and eating soup... I am happy to say the sickness has passed through this house. The sufffering wasn't too bad...we all felt miserable for about 3 days. Each of us with something different but we made it. I was able to not go in to a zombie state and still take care of everyone/thing that needed taking care of.
Keeping up with the Lysol still but not as much. I want a nice long nap....uninterrupted!

I want a nice long nap....uninterrupted![/quote]
Hi Aieen the nice long nap sounds nice but if your life is like mine theres little chance of that ! The uninterupted part can be negotiated by the right person lollollol
Teresa

HA!! is right!!! There's a HUGE difference between what we WANT and what we GET. Will I get a nice, long uninterrupted nap anytime soon?? I HIGHLY doubt it....but it's nice to dream. ;)

I admit - even with the knowledge gleaned about OTC medicines.....I am one to go for alternative healings anyday......I personally don't like what medicines do to me. Now, If I need to get over an illness really quick, then I'll ask the doc for something that works good, quick, and fast.

Other than that......If I get a headache for instance......I'll start gnawing and chewing almonds......( 2 almonds have the same pain-relieving chemical as 1 aspirin btw )

Reactions: Beth
Wednesday my son got the flu, thursday I did and Friday my husband did. We have all been so sick and not really able to care for one another. It has been a misrable several days now. We were all given Tamiflu to help ease the symptoms. Doctor said the flu last about 14-16 days but the meds will shorten the symptoms down to 10 days. Here are the symptoms for those of you who may not know. You have to see the doctor within 48 of start of symptoms for the antiviral meds to work though.

The common symptoms of the flu include:
  • Fever (usually high)
  • Headache
  • Muscle aches
  • Chills
  • Extreme tiredness
  • Dry cough
  • Runny nose may also occur but is more common in children than adults
  • Stomach symptoms, such as nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea, may also occur but are more common in children than adults
I had everyone of those symptoms at once(except the last) could not drive myself to the doctors. Had to have some one bring me. I could not barely open my eyes. I pooped one of the meds as soon as I got home. I tok it on an empty stomache...big mistake, vomited every hour for the next 5 hours, thought my life was ending.

Hope you all are starting to feel better. Ok back to bed.

Joan

Joan, that sounds just AWFUL!! Wish I was closer and could help. Compared to you at this point, I'm healthy! Hope the doctor is wrong and it's over in 4 days!

I had the flu for the week of and the week after V Day and then a couple weeks of normal, then last week had a cold. Gah!

Last time I had the flu I got a prescription for tamiflu which did nothing except suck $100 out of my wallet.

I had the flu for the week of and the week after V Day and then a couple weeks of normal, then last week had a cold. Gah!

Last time I had the flu I got a prescription for tamiflu which did nothing except suck $100 out of my wallet.
The wife of one of my customers took the flu shot and had a reaction to it, and she is now paralyzed and then had a stroke. She will be in rehab over a year and will most likely be blind...and it is caused by the flu shot. Not sure which one, but in the fine print it lists the risks..

Oh Robin, I'm so so sorry! I took Tamiflu once and didn't think it made any difference. Now I'm afraid of it, after reading Sue's post. Wow.

I'm officially done complaining about coughing half the night, and my lack of a voice today. My problems are minor.

It was a flu vaccine...and I'm not sure what Tamiflu is(medication or vaccine?)...so just ask your doctor about any risks associated with anything.

Oh yeah, I misread. Tamiflu is a medication. So your friend took the "flu shot" that they offer every year? I was kicking myself for not taking one this year. I have been sick 2 or 3 times, which is more than usual. Scary stuff.

OK.... my turned into pnemonia, and just spent the last 2 1/2 days in the hospital. I am so thankful that I have a great designer and delivery driver that have been able to run by business for the last week. I think I am on the upward hill, but still so tired no energy.

Karen you take it as easy as you can and dont go back to work too soon .Remember phneumonia can come back and your health is the most important thing .

Status
Not open for further replies.