Prayers asked for . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Glenn,
Wanted you to know we'll keep Erin in our prayers. Its great she has been able to keep her kidney this long, hopefully longer with the next. My uncle had a kidney transplant in the 80's and did well in spite of him( he drank like a fish).
love & prayers
Kris

Glenn:
my thoughts & prayers are with you and all of your family. I'm assuming that they have Erin listed on all the National transplant lists -- not just the local or regional ones. It does make a difference!

Good thoughts coming your way from Pennsylvania.
Cheryl

Glenn,

Who is the doctor? My good buddy is part of the transplant teams down there. If he's on the same team, I'll have him keep watch for Erin, too.

Would you share this story with a bank teller?
Would you share this story with another store owner in the same place you are now?
Would you share this story with a guy off the street?

THe answer is No, but you are willing to share this story to this flowerchat family because you feel comfortable with all of us and we are a unique community.

May her prayers be answered with strenght and couragement from us.
Prayers do get answered.
Just a quick update on my friend who got his transplant this july.
He is still in Ottawa, Now walking 3 to 5 km a day, when he had a tough time walking from his truck to the house. If this progress the way it is going, we hope to have him come home on thanksgiving weekend, and that will be a weekend of celebrations galore.

May his hand comfort Erin, give her peace with her path in life and guidance to a new kidney.
Luc

Luc:

Your point about FC family needs to be reiterated, this place is a family.

A family of people brought together by flowers.

I go to church every Sunday, and I will be praying for her. God Bless You and may God Bless Erin and bestow upon her the courage, the strength and perserverance to make it through this next challenge of life.

Make sure she has a bouquet during the tough times.

God Bless
Joe

Update . . .

Knowing that people around the country are praying for you is one humbling and at the same time exciting blessing.

Visit to the nephrologist (kidney doc) today.
12-15% kidney function. 4.3 Creatinine level.
10% and 4.0 they say is usually the cut-off for having to go on dialysis.

Dr. was very positive about how well she seemed to be doing. (Erin likes this Dr.:).)

For the time being he is postponing her dialysis port surgery (which was scheduled for 9/24). This is good.
He is hoping for a donor to step up before she HAS to be on dialysis.

She has had a couple of friends offer to be tested.

RJD: One of the transplant doctors is Dr. Julian.

THANKS for the prayers, thoughts and wishes.
Even though she is 27, she is still my "Baby Doll".

Side note: My Kathie was in upper AL commentating at a wholesaler Christmas Show Sat/Sun, so it was Erin and I.
Sun afternoon, I had to run out to deliver a funeral piece, when I left the store, I set the alarm, but left the front door unlocked! Yikes! :wide:
Sure enough, someone came by and pulled on the door. Alarm Co. calls the house, I am about 15 miles away, Erin calls to see if I set the alarm off, OUCH, I remember not locking the door. Erin offered to go turn off the alarm, as she is putting her key in the back door, an officer coming around the corner of the building, hollers NO, Don't do that! Scares her to death. It turns out there were two officers inside the store and probably would have drawn on her.
They turned out to be nice guys and wanted to stick around for small talk. Must have been a boring Sunday afternoon for 3 cars to show up.

Anyway, that was our excitement for the weekend. Erin made me take her out for Mexican food after that one. (I didn't mind at all).

Thanks Erlene . . . . .

This is a possibility we are looking into. While I am not compatible I would be willing to donate.

Glenn

:hug:Sorry I didn't see this post alot earlier, I am way behind reading things with the new shop up and going. I am just in Jasper, only about 45 minutes away, so if you, Kathy or Erin ever need anything please do not hesitate to call me!!!!! You 3 are in my thoughts and prayers!!

I mean it you guys need anything just pick up the phone!! :hug:

Glenn & Kathie.....

Erin will ALWAYS be your "baby girl" and with that, we ALL encourage you to sign, AND make aware, to your families, the importance of becoming organ donors.
Erin has had the life that she has, because there was a "someone" that cared enough to pass on their vital organ(s), and as Audra eluded to, here in Canada, it ONLY requires that you sign the back of your ID/License to identify yourself as an organ donor.
The families, STILL have the final say, on a person's wish to donate, but, few object to this wonderful gift of life!!
To Erin.....all the power, all the glory, all the prayers you can absorb, never give up...you have a family that loves you, needs, you, and wants you to grow old with them.
From the FlowerChat Family, whatever we have, we offer to your family...whatever you need, we are willing, whomever you need, we'll be there.

Things change quickly. . .

Back in December, in a thread about Luc's friend who had a heart transplant, I shared about my daughter Erin who has a kidney transplant. She was doing great at the time.

This past July was her 27th Birthday and her 14th transplant birthday.

For the last few months her kidney function has been in decline. Recently, in July also, Erin was admitted to UAB to be put on IV antibiotics due to a severe kidney infection. While in the hospital, they did a kidney biopsy. It showed severe scar tissue with the prognosis for her keeping her kidney not good.

They couldn't give a time frame, could have been a week, a month, a year.

Well, this morning Erin and her Mom went for a check up. Her creatinine levels (a blood test that shows filtering capability) were elevated to the point that she will be needing to go on dialysis soon.

She will not be able to meet with the transplant team untill December.

I share this with my flowerchat family because I know there are many of you who would would want to know. There are many of you who pray.

Erin will need encouragement (to keep on keeping on), strength (to get through it), patience (with doctors), wisdom (to follow their orders), and a donor (her Mom donated the first time).

We trust God to provide. Jehova Jira.

Thanks in advance.

Praying for you all.

Glenn,

You have my thoughts and best wishes that she continues to stay above that 10% level as long as possible. I hope a donor can be found too. I'm an organ donor on my drivers license, and have been one forever. My husband and teenagers are too.

Please keep us posted!

Hugs,
Beth :~)

Glenn, I am praying hard for you and your family. I am a walking testament to the power of prayer. It works!!
Annaleisa

Annaleisa! I've been wondering about you, having not checked your blog in a while. We continue to pray for you also.

To everyone. . . .

BBJ, Carol, Cathy, Audra, Seasonals, Ryan, Victoria, Tim, Mark, Rhonda, Connie, Doug, Tracy, Biscotti, Debij, Louis, Luc, Tina, Joe, Erlene, Rich, Cheryl, Sher, Kris, Lorrie, Mikey, Annalesia, Lori, Sweet Peas, Beth and anyone I left off and those that have prayed but not replied.

You and many others around the world are my heroes.

With tears of gratitude, I thank you.

I am not sure what God is doing, but Erin just called, she went to the Dr. this morning and her creatinine is DOWN to 3.5. HALLELUJAH! It is down from 4.3 (4.0 is dialysis range).

The doc said, "I sure am glad I didn't put that port in your chest!" He would have had her on dialysis already (oh ye of little faith).

Time will tell the future, but for now it is better!

Praise God, Glenn :)

We won't stop praying yet, though!

Ryan

Good news! Thank you for the update - continued thoughts of healing and support from NJ.

tracy

Status
Not open for further replies.