Prayers asked for . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so glad to hear things are having a positive result. Thanks for keeping us advised Glenn.

Take care of you too.

V

Things change quickly. . .

Back in December, in a thread about Luc's friend who had a heart transplant, I shared about my daughter Erin who has a kidney transplant. She was doing great at the time.

This past July was her 27th Birthday and her 14th transplant birthday.

For the last few months her kidney function has been in decline. Recently, in July also, Erin was admitted to UAB to be put on IV antibiotics due to a severe kidney infection. While in the hospital, they did a kidney biopsy. It showed severe scar tissue with the prognosis for her keeping her kidney not good.

They couldn't give a time frame, could have been a week, a month, a year.

Well, this morning Erin and her Mom went for a check up. Her creatinine levels (a blood test that shows filtering capability) were elevated to the point that she will be needing to go on dialysis soon.

She will not be able to meet with the transplant team untill December.

I share this with my flowerchat family because I know there are many of you who would would want to know. There are many of you who pray.

Erin will need encouragement (to keep on keeping on), strength (to get through it), patience (with doctors), wisdom (to follow their orders), and a donor (her Mom donated the first time).

We trust God to provide. Jehova Jira.

Thanks in advance.

I too will request prayer. Our group starts a 21 days prayer tonight too.

Cinda

I'm glad your prayers have been answered and will keep Erin in my continued prayers. Thanks for keeping us posted...she truly is blessed with her real family and her adopted "REAL" FAMILY all praying for her!
Sher

BBJ, Carol, Cathy, Audra, Seasonals, Ryan, Victoria, Tim, Mark, Rhonda, Connie, Doug, Tracy, Biscotti, Debij, Louis, Luc, Tina, Joe, Erlene, Rich, Cheryl, Sher, Kris, Lorrie, Mikey, Annalesia, Lori, Sweet Peas, Beth and anyone I left off and those that have prayed but not replied.

You and many others around the world are my heroes.

With tears of gratitude, I thank you.

I am not sure what God is doing, but Erin just called, she went to the Dr. this morning and her creatinine is DOWN to 3.5. HALLELUJAH! It is down from 4.3 (4.0 is dialysis range).

The doc said, "I sure am glad I didn't put that port in your chest!" He would have had her on dialysis already (oh ye of little faith).

Time will tell the future, but for now it is better!

You, Kathy, and Erin will continue to be in my prayers, glad to here the news!!!

Glenn,

May your find great strength in your faith and the prayers and good wishes sent your way from your friends at FlowerChat. I will keep you close in thought and prayer today and always. Glad to hear that Erin is doing well. Blessings to you and yours.

Glenn....

life can be a teeter totter......ALL OUR HOPE rests with Erin reaching that "pivot point"...someplace in the middle, where you, and your family, can love her, in better health, for a very long time!!

The latest. . .

Can't believe I have not updated since Oct.

After balking at getting a port put in back in September, Erin has been holding her own. She is on a special diet and as far as I know is trying to stick to it.

Kathie went with her to a "Dialysis Orientation" class last week. She came out crying.

The Dr's still want to go ahead an put the port in, but she does not want to give in yet. They say she is in stage 5 renal failure, which supposedly is as bad as it gets.

She is strong, still working everyday (she is a stylist/shop mgr). She is worn out at the end of the day, but gets up and starts over the next morning.

She has about 4 people testing for transplant compatibility.

Strange thing is, she cannot get a transplant right now even if one were available. Her Antibodies (ordinarily good things) are too high. She is at about 90%. They say it will have to be around 20% to even consider it. Basically, her immune system is too strong right now.

Continued prayers are appreciated.

Can't believe I have not updated since Oct.

After balking at getting a port put in back in September, Erin has been holding her own. She is on a special diet and as far as I know is trying to stick to it.

Kathie went with her to a "Dialysis Orientation" class last week. She came out crying.

The Dr's still want to go ahead an put the port in, but she does not want to give in yet. They say she is in stage 5 renal failure, which supposedly is as bad as it gets.

She is strong, still working everyday (she is a stylist/shop mgr). She is worn out at the end of the day, but gets up and starts over the next morning.

She has about 4 people testing for transplant compatibility.

Strange thing is, she cannot get a transplant right now even if one were available. Her Antibodies (ordinarily good things) are too high. She is at about 90%. They say it will have to be around 20% to even consider it. Basically, her immune system is too strong right now.

Continued prayers are appreciated.

she is one tough cookie......God watches after those that fall down, and get up again, WE watch over those that fall down, and get up again as inspiration!!:grovel:

Continued thoughts of healing from NJ ...

tracy

Prayers coming your way for healing....God bless her putting up a good fight, she will be victorious...

I send thoughts and prayers for all the things that will help her win this battle.

V

We are at UAB today. . . .

We are truly blessed to live near one of the worlds best University Hospitals, not too good in football, but #1 in kidney transplants.

Erin held off the inevitable as long as she could. We were seeing signs of fluid retention (swelling) last Thursday and her well being was becoming a concern. She had a "Gayla" (whatever that is) to attend Saturday night, but she promised me that she would be ready to go ahead with the dialysis after she saw the Dr. on Monday.

She loves her Doc and you could tell they have a good relationship. She perked up this morning when he walked in and assured her she would be feeling better soon.
She is in Dialysis right now and I am waiting for the call to take her home.

It will all be okay!
Thanks for continued thoughts and prayers.

Thoughts and strong prayers from us here as well.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.