Not open for further replies.

BamaE4U

Apr 15, 2003
Hoover/B'ham AL
www.especiallyforyouflorist.com
State / Prov
Alabama
Things change quickly. . .

Back in December, in a thread about Luc's friend who had a heart transplant, I shared about my daughter Erin who has a kidney transplant. She was doing great at the time.

This past July was her 27th Birthday and her 14th transplant birthday.

For the last few months her kidney function has been in decline. Recently, in July also, Erin was admitted to UAB to be put on IV antibiotics due to a severe kidney infection. While in the hospital, they did a kidney biopsy. It showed severe scar tissue with the prognosis for her keeping her kidney not good.

They couldn't give a time frame, could have been a week, a month, a year.

Well, this morning Erin and her Mom went for a check up. Her creatinine levels (a blood test that shows filtering capability) were elevated to the point that she will be needing to go on dialysis soon.

She will not be able to meet with the transplant team untill December.

I share this with my flowerchat family because I know there are many of you who would would want to know. There are many of you who pray.

Erin will need encouragement (to keep on keeping on), strength (to get through it), patience (with doctors), wisdom (to follow their orders), and a donor (her Mom donated the first time).

We trust God to provide. Jehova Jira.

Thanks in advance.

WE will pray for Erin as well as Mom and Dad during this difficult time....life sure has it's challenges some days, but faith and prayer will carry us through!

Prayers asked for

Glenn, you are in our thoughts and prayers. We humans seem to go through so much at times.
Carol Bice

We'll keep you and yours in our prayers, Bama.

Cathy had a good point, carry a universal donor card. For those of us up here in Canada, it's as easy and checking the option on your health card.

Glenn,

This is our "week of prayer" at our church, with folks meeting each day for extended times of prayer. I'm sending an email now with the info you've provided. Many prayers will be coming Erin's way from Toronto this week, and through the months ahead. Please keep us up to date so we can pray specifically for her needs.

Ryan

Reactions: 1 person
Glenn and family, from my small family to yours... we send prayers.

Victoria and Alana

Wishing for blessings from Midland.....

I'll add this to our Wednesday hour of prayer at church tomorrow, and know the congregation will be sending prayers your way.

May God hold her and her family up, give them fortitude, and bless them and those taking care of them.

mark

Glenn, my prayers for you and your family are fervent and frequent. I'll add Erin's name to our 24-hour line at church. Would you be so kind, if you have time, to PM me her last name? Our church likes to have that information for its published list. How I wish I could do more.........

I don't mind sharing . . .

the name with all.

Erin Yenulis

I will update.

Right now she is scheduled for 9/24 to have a port put in.
They wanted to do it next week, but she is going try to hold out because she is to be in a wedding the 21st and the port/bandage wouldn't do good with the dress she is wearing.

I and my family are humbled and thank you for your concern and prayers. We knew this was a possibility at some point and have been truly blessed the last 14 years with her able to live a full and normal life.

We believe in miracles. Erin is one.

Glenn, I tried to answer you PM, but an error message would not allow me to submit the reply. Either it was blocked every time I tried to submit it, or you've just received about 10 PMs from me. :dunno:

Thoughts for healing, strength, and all the miracles that Life holds - for you and yours.

tracy

Prayers

Glenn, Prayers & Best Wishes to you & your family. Remember, it really is true.....one day at a time. Debbie
A poem for you...

The Rose
Friendship is a garden,
A gift from God above.
He plants a tiny seed,
And sprinkles it with love.

Our Father tends to this flower,
Watching while it grows,
And then before you know it,
This flower is a rose.

This giggling, joyful spirit
Is but a planted seed,
But somewhere in this garden
It could be just what I need.

~ Alyssa Marie Bentham

Would you share this story with a bank teller?
Would you share this story with another store owner in the same place you are now?
Would you share this story with a guy off the street?

THe answer is No, but you are willing to share this story to this flowerchat family because you feel comfortable with all of us and we are a unique community.

May her prayers be answered with strenght and couragement from us.
Prayers do get answered.
Just a quick update on my friend who got his transplant this july.
He is still in Ottawa, Now walking 3 to 5 km a day, when he had a tough time walking from his truck to the house. If this progress the way it is going, we hope to have him come home on thanksgiving weekend, and that will be a weekend of celebrations galore.

May his hand comfort Erin, give her peace with her path in life and guidance to a new kidney.
Luc

Thoughts and prayers from Mid Maine.
Having a daughter who has worked on transplant teams, we know the need for organ donation. Keep the faith, hugs for all of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.