Preston Bailey's Valentine spectacular

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flowers, chocolate, fruit, nuts, aren't they all elements of design? Do you really think a design needs flowers? I think this is smashing, very sexy indeed.

While it is lovely and unique, it reminds me of something that comes from the Edible Flower (not sure of the name) company. It's a franchise and sells things like this. The practicality of that gift is small. The recipient would have to be a really good eater. ;)

Anyway, I prefer flowers.

V

While it is lovely and unique, it reminds me of something that comes from the Edible Flower (not sure of the name) company...

Exactly V. That was my thought too. I suddenly pictured the white van and the food bouquet banner on its side.

While I love Preston, I'm just not wild about food bouquets. It's not beautiful and it's far to clunky. Oh I know...it's a man thing. That's why you like it Thom.

Reactions: Tracy D'Amico
Read down on the page. It says not to send flowers and that that "fruit bouquet" is easy to make at home.

Great job Preston!

I wondered about that quote as well. How is that configuration "easy to make at home"? And where is he shopping that those ingredients are inexpensive, or at least, less expensive than flowers?

One of my first thoughts was that, as it is pictured, it would be a nightmare to deliver. Deliveries are very much on my mind right now because I'm still one driver short for Valentine's, and with folks who deliver only at Valentine's, I would worry about this design's safe arrival. I'm weird that way. lol

Reactions: bloomz and Victoria
This is one of his marketing tools to sell books....his blog. Looking at the tag lines under the entry is affordable, inexpenisve, fruit, DIY.
Most high profile designers, notiable are using these as ways to hit other consumer that might feel they cannot use a Preston look because of his costs.
All of them are getting deals on do it yourself items that are speciality use for themselves.
Great look, another way to think outside the box of flowers!
If they buy it, try to sell it. You could always tuck a pretty bloom on top, inside or around the bow, bag or wrap.
JMHO

If you look closely at the picture, I really don't think that was ever constructed....I believe it was photoshopped...The cups filled with rasberries would never ever stay the way they are placed....I am really beginning to despise these people that photo shop things and then sell it as "arranged"...Most of TF arrangements are photoshopped so they can get the right look that will sell the picture, to heck with what the flowers will do in real life and what angles you can get with real stems...you know like the girls in magazines, to heck with what a real body looks like well just photoshop it to look like what we want it to look like...

If this was arranged, It was made in a way it was not supposed to travel...but I highly doubt that it was arranged at all...

That all aside it is pretty and enticing and I would love to get one for myself...I would also love to see my husband get the stuff and carefully arrange it for me...Please can someone video that, please...

I like it too-- wouldn't it be cool to incorporate candy wrappers into a bouquet for valentine's day? like a pave style with the rose heads nestled in their individual wrappers.. you could also put the fruit and nuts in a pave style too- very decadent

Inspiration comes from everywhere people!

Exactly Twiggy - Inspiration comes from everywhere and anywhere......I love the idea.....the concept. The actual design as shown, I did not like. That is where WE, AS CREATIVE PEOPLE.....can see something and create something else.

This is a prime example of what an ex-boyfriend would complain to me about. We would be out shopping or out and about and I would see something......that would spur an idea....a design....a concept. I would immediately grab my pocket notebook and jot the idea down. He would get so upset at that.....He would say to me...."Turn off the creativity.....stop being a designer when you are'nt at work" I would tell him....I can't.

With this Preston Bailey idea........I love the idea, the concept......I don't like his version.......but I could do something fun with the idea.

Reactions: Connie
Status
Not open for further replies.