Proflowers Video Ranking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac

Jun 11, 2007
Angels Camp
State / Prov
Ca
How to rank the frozen roses video 1st on Google for the search term "Proflowers" see link below....

If we can get enough florist websites and blogs to participate our vision could quickly become a reality. Here's the reason for the strategy in order to aid in the process of helping other florists understand how it works. Click below...

http://www.vitalseomarketing.com/Frozen_Roses_Proflowers.html

Let me know if I made any errors so I can quickly correct it. If you have suggestions on improvements...to help others understand....let me know.

Reactions: 2 people
Boss, if you are game in this venture I'd like to give you something to reflect on if I may. No pressure though. If you could put the Anchor Text that I spoke about in my "How-to" article on your page located here ProFlowers.com vs Florists it would really help push that video up in the results. That particular page on your website carries a lot authority and it is 100 percent relevant. If you opt to do it, it would be even better if you just hyper-texted the header portion of "Proflowers"

I started to correct what I wrote above to boss and somehow it didn't show. Any way, what I want to correct is that I do see that boss in ProFlowers.com vs Florists hyperlinks to the video using this hypertext: hilarious video about unpacking a frozen box of ProFlowers roses. But I just wanted to say that in order for "Proflowers" to rank for the search phrase "Proflowers" the hypertext ought to be changed to just "Proflowers" . Long hypertexts lose their significance. It's kind of like having a URL that is too long or a Title tag that is too long.

Don't be shy MAC!

Hey MAC!
Please don't be shy on the subject of LINKING SLOW FRO FLOWERS with that FROZEN ROSES U-TUBE Video.

I already have a link on my website with the heading, FROZEN DEAD ROSES , but I would really love to improve the GOOGLE results when a consumer does their search for them while getting to view this video.

http://www.cascadeflorist.com/site/department.cfm?id=ACC5DDC1-C210-E7C5-48753F62367800AC

In SEO IDIOT TERMS, and since I'm a BIG player in that arena, can you give us a CUT and PASTE HTML code which all of us can add to our sites, or whatever it is, which will help us HELP THEM find that video.

Please make it SIMPLE and in layman/laywoman terms, as US WEE BEES have a tough time as it is, in understanding the GOOGLE associations.

This is certainly doable, and shouldn't take much work from us.

However, we need to be careful to build the links in a tiered manner, if we're going to gather a lot of them.

Ideally, we'd have a couple pages on authoritative sites with inlinks using "proflowers" and have those pages only point out to the proflowers video.

Something like:
www.example.com/proflowers.html
www.acme.com/proflowers.html
www.bubba.com/proflowers.html

Each page would have a number of incoming links using the term "proflowers" and each page would only have one outgoing link, using "proflowers." This will not only help avoid Google Bomb filters, it will create a few more authoritative pages that have a chance to rank for Proflowers. Each page will also need to have some unique content about the ProFlowers video.

We'll need 2-3 authoritative sites to make this work, then have anyone who wants to participate link to one of those sites.

FlowerChat.com is one suitable site. Florist Detective would be another - if the detectives are willing. Anyone willing to offer a suitable third site?

Ryan

Also - we should start to see some results fairly soon, if the incoming links are from sites that are crawled frequently. (Remember, it only took 2 days for No Talent Rip Off)

Ryan

The Detectives already feature the video, so at most it would be an anchor text change. I think you can count on some FloristBlogs, and I'll kick in a technical blog, too.

I think you can count on some FloristBlogs, and I'll kick in a technical blog, too.
Done on my blog, and store site too, I'll get it up on a couple more of my blogs later today.

Did it on my site last night.

Hope you guys don't mind, but I've been adding links to your websites from my how-to-article on ranking Proflowers . As my article spreads though various blogs and the crawlers crawl it they will spider to your webpages and speed the process.

As website owners post the "anchor text" please write in let me know so I can add your link to article.

Who...ME mind Mac....??

Never....(almost) ANYTHING for "The Cause".......

Also - we should start to see some results fairly soon, if the incoming links are from sites that are crawled frequently. (Remember, it only took 2 days for No Talent Rip Off)

Ryan

Update: This video jumped 20 spots from 50 to 30 on Google last night. It's new at #84 on Ask, up17 to #28 on Yahoo and dropped 1 to #16 on MSN (but that's par for the course).

The Detectives already feature the video, so at most it would be an anchor text change. I think you can count on some FloristBlogs, and I'll kick in a technical blog, too.

Remember, the ideal is to have only a few sites linking directly to the video, and the rest linking to those supporting sites. Also, the supporting pages need to have only one outgoing link that isn't nofollwed! We have to channel the link juice, not have it diluted at each level.

Ryan

Remember, the ideal is to have only a few sites linking directly to the video, and the rest linking to those supporting sites. Also, the supporting pages need to have only one outgoing link that isn't nofollwed! We have to channel the link juice, not have it diluted at each level.

Ryan
I'll blog but now confused what I should link to.

Ok - we'll skip the tiered structure for this one.

Just post a link to the video using the anchor text "proflowers" as Mac described.

Next time, before we all start the linking we'll organize a planned attack.

Ryan

I think if people link to my page How To Rank the Proflower's Video in blogs their will be some level of tiering going on. It's not exactly what Ryan had in mind but should be good enough as the video is completely on topic for the search phrase "Proflowers." I think we will start to see significant results really soon.

Regardless, if anybody is confused on where to link, just link to it as I originally spelled out. Our team effort will pay off and we can take any mistakes we make and correct them for our plan of attack on the FTD video.

No, it won't help.

Your site is PR0 with no authority on flowers. Those links might help your PR a little bit, but they won't help the cause.

Folks, just link straight to the video.

Ryan

Update: This video jumped 20 spots from 50 to 30 on Google last night. It's new at #84 on Ask, up17 to #28 on Yahoo and dropped 1 to #16 on MSN (but that's par for the course).
Ryan
When I search 'proflowers' on Google, it's number 6 on page ONE :) from the data center I hit, it's the link to the video on Floristdetective.

Status
Not open for further replies.