Proflowers Video Ranking

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I search 'proflowers' on Google, it's number 6 on page ONE :) from the data center I hit, it's the link to the video on Floristdetective.
The Floristdetective link is two below the deleated Unwrapping Youtube and directly below the Proflowers DIY YouTube....could you not place the video on this page? http://www.floristdetective.com/wst_page15.aspx

Well it looks like the video was set to private, not actually deleted? Usually if the content is pulled by Youtube it gives you a "this has been removed" message.

Either way it shouldn't be a big deal. If they reported the video for [insert lame reason here] and it was hosed, just re-upload it under a different user account, then is everyone sticks a link to it on their blog with "proflowers" as the anchor text it will be ranked again in no time... especially since some of the sites/blogs I've seen around here have some decent weight.

If they want to play dirty then I say bring it. We got numbers on out site. We'll google bomb the hell out of them.

Oh, and if you end up re-uploading the video- go with a title that is a bigger blow.

Such as 'Unboxing Proflowers- Dead Flowers', 'Unboxing Proflowers - Total Disappointment' or my favorite 'Unboxing Proflowers - Epic Fail'.

If they want to poke the fire then by all means lets throw on the gasoline. :fdevil:

cheers

(can you tell I live for this?)

Reactions: 1 person
PLEASE....Everyone....STEP BACK FROM YOUR COMPUTER & WAIT!!!!!

There is some "stuff" going on, that Rich & Kathy will have to fully disclose to you all when they can.

The important point here & now is to cool your horses, please!! This is a really, really big deal, and needs to be carefully sorted out.

Do not, at this point, point, click, or link to anything regarding this video until you hear from the source that it is OK to do so..

Thanks!

Cheryl - Parkway Florist

PS...it is not my intent to be vague....but this is all that can be said right now.

PLEASE....Everyone....STEP BACK FROM YOUR COMPUTER & WAIT!!!!!

There is some "stuff" going on, that Rich & Kathy will have to fully disclose to you all when they can.

The important point here & now is to cool your horses, please!! This is a really, really big deal, and needs to be carefully sorted out.

Do not, at this point, point, click, or link to anything regarding this video until you hear from the source that it is OK to do so..

Thanks!

Cheryl - Parkway Florist

PS...it is not my intent to be vague....but this is all that can be said right now.
Thanks, Cheryl. It seems with this video project people like to jump in and jump to conclusions.

If the video is set to private, it was done so by the owner.

Let's wait on RJD to explain when he can.

Ryan

And as we explore the weather in Toronto, the upcoming Presidential election in the USA and global economy the question that comes to mind is.....................

Where's Waldo ?

BLACKOUT !

Is it a positive vague or a negative vague?

You've got my attention.
I got to say I am kind of bummed....the first time that FlowerChatters had a common cause (the original Google Bomb)....and actually did some good....and now it has seemed robbed. I look forward to hearing from the video's authors, because hate to think of one possible explanation.

To all FC users who posted a link to the PF Video:

Please remove the link from your site for the time being. More information will be forthcoming. Consider this regrouping our resources for the next offensive.

Ryan

Dang - I just read through all those visitor comments on Bloomery's blog. Amazing that the original post was made 15 months ago but it still garners comments, including 1 yesterday. The commenters basically fall into 3 groups:
- florists
- PO'd PF customers
- PF shills

Great to see a link to that post right under the video in the G SERPs. :)

To all FC users who posted a link to the PF Video:

Please remove the link from your site for the time being. More information will be forthcoming. Consider this regrouping our resources for the next offensive.

Ryan
Echoing Ryans comment, please do tis as soon as possible today.

Notice to all Members

In response to my previous post yesterday, and to further the post from Ryan above, I have been asked to inform you of the following information:

On April 29, 2008, legal counsel for Provide Commerce, Inc, the legimiate owners of the name "ProFlowers" and "ProFlowers.com" , served on The Bloomery Florist a request to Cease and Desist/Notice of Infrigement for Federal trademark violations.

"ProFlowers" and "Proflowers.com" are registered to and owned by Provide Commerce, & are protected under US Federal Trademark laws (known as the "Lanham Act"). The Bloomery Florist allegedly did not have Provide Commerce's permission to use or reference these terms in their Video or in their blogs websites or other materials, and thus violated Provide Commerce's rights under Federal Law.

The Bloomery Florist has agreed to comply with the Cease & Desist request and is in the process of removing all materials. Thses tasks should be completed later today.

I would urge all FC members and other interested parties to:
1. Remove permanently all links from your website to this video, and any other blog or website that you may have also linked to it.

2. Refrain from using your blogs or websites or videos to cast disparaging comments about a competitor. As competitors, we cannot use a Competitor's tradmarked name, logos, or trade dress in a way that would intentionally lure away or harm that competitor for our own gain.

Further, I have asked that Ryan close this thread from further posting. There is nothing to be gained from any further posts here.

Should you need further clarification of what I have posted (the condensed version), I would suggest that you first google the Lanham Act, and especially read the short version posted under www.copylaw.com. His legal write-up is very clear & concise and should answer most questions.

Let me state that I am not an attorney, and cannot offer legal advice.

I offer this posting not as an attorney, but as a Friend of the Bloomery's. This posting should not be construed in any way to constitute legal advice. This is simply my statement and understanding of the facts, as they were related to me, and what options were available to them.

Your co-operation with the above requests is greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,

Cheryl Bakin - Parkway Florist
Pittsburgh, Pa.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.