Proflowers Video Ranking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you guys don't mind, but I've been adding links to your websites from my how-to-article on ranking Proflowers . As my article spreads though various blogs and the crawlers crawl it they will spider to your webpages and speed the process.

I think if people link to my page How To Rank the Proflower's Video in blogs their will be some level of tiering going on.
Regardless, if anybody is confused on where to link, just link to it

I love it!

After soliciting links to his page, Mac changed the contents of the page, dropped the links to the florists and added AdSense ads!

The incoming links he asked for (that I advised against) will boost his page for a potentially profitable keyword, and perhaps even start to raise his site from its PR0 ranking.

I figured you'd try this scam, but I thought you'd at least wait until the video push was over. Trying to cash in on some Valentine's shoppers, are we?

Ryan

Reactions: 1 person
On which page? I don't see any adsense anywhere on that site?

Am I missing something?

I noticed using the link command the only sites google is showing linked so far are older links. Mine doesn't show.

On which page? I don't see any adsense anywhere on that site?

Am I missing something?

I noticed using the link command the only sites google is showing linked so far are older links. Mine doesn't show.

JB - The page that used to have instructions on how to link to the video.

Attachments

• Frozen Roses Delivered by Proflowers.png
    Frozen Roses Delivered by Proflowers.png
    123.2 KB · Views: 13
If you think that is wrong thinking, then I'll glady repost as it was. I was actaully taking your advise Ryan regarding having too many links pointing to the video and and since I know that we are up to around 17 or 18 I thought take it down. What would you like me to do? If the how-to instructions remain and too many links point to the video we risk foiling the whole cause.

Scam...right...my page was a "how-to" with outgoing links.

<Kids are in bed - I can type a bit more, know>

You'll also notice that the updated page doesn't use the anchor text "proflowers" that we've been using on this campaign.

What does that mean?

If he had his way and a bunch of florists linked to his page as requested, Google would see a bunch of flower-related sites refering to his page as being relevant to proflowers.

That would potentially boost his ranking for "proflowers" terms.

If he starts to get more organic search traffic to his page, he'll get more click-throughs on the Proflowers ads displayed on the bottom of his page.

The result: a collection of florists would have just help Mac make some $$$ on sales of Proflowers items. And Proflowers would get more customers, thanks to the hard work of florists.

Oh, and because he's changed the anchor text on his link, he won't pass on any of the "relevancy" to the proflowers term to the video itself, therefore claiming the links for himself instead of elevating the video's ranking.

Ryan

Are either of you guys logged into your Google account?

I'm seeing it on page 2, #8 - earlier today it was on page 3. :)

I'd also like to see the FD page move up to #2 on page 1. :>
You're awesome as usual - I was going to make that point in my next post :)

Mac, are you logged in to your Google account when you're checking?

Ryan

I see the video on page 2 now, both logged in and not logged in.

When I looked ust before I posted that page didn't have adsense on it - must have been working on it as I looked?

But I never linked in to it, only was an outbound link to me from it

You really think it was some kind of scam? It had to have been worth 10 or 15 cents in click revenue by now, maybe?

his is kind of fun - I do see the anchor text changed now but I am predicting the Butler in the Library with the Candlesticks.

That wouldn't be odd from what I know about adsense (little admittedly) - but they are supposed to be relevant, unless filters are applied.

Floristboard shows florist ads all the time, on any post that is about flowers. If the post is about computers - it shows computer ads.

That wouldn't be odd from what I know about adsense (little admittedly) - but they are supposed to be relevant, unless filters are applied.

Floristboard shows florist ads all the time, on any post that is about flowers. If the post is about computers - it shows computer ads.

Or if the post are about Shelby you will see Shelby Adslol

I see we are at 27 now

Side trip - speaking of Shelby, bless his drunken little heart - but he is closing his shop.

Time does seem to wound all heels tho I take no pleasure in seeing someone fail.

OK back to our regular programming - the Butler in the Library with Candlesticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.