Proflowers Video Ranking

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Florist Detective page is #6. The video itself is #30.

Yep. That's kind of why I made reference earlier to the florist detective having the right kind of authority to boost that video to the top from that particular florist detective page. All he needs to do is change the anchor text to "Proflowers"

David...

Change:
Flowers professionally arranged and delivered

To: PROFLOWERS

Than you can use: Flowers professionally arranged and delivered

As you first line above the article if you want to.

To my knowledge, we have 11 websites and blogs on board with this campaign. We seem to have a team movement in place and now it's just of matter of time before the crawlers crawl our sites and acknowledge our votes to put that video at the top. The only active player that I haven't seen post a link to aid in our efforts if is Ryan. Yes, he sure has a lot to say about it, but to date I haven't seen any action on his part. I've personally linked two of my floral websites to the video. Perhaps Ryan could show us where he has aided in our efforts.

After all, this is a team effort.

To my knowledge, we have 11 websites and blogs on board with this campaign. We seem to have a team movement in place and now it's just of matter of time before the crawlers crawl our sites and acknowledge our votes to put that video at the top. The only active player that I haven't seen post a link to aid in our efforts if is Ryan. Yes, he sure has a lot to say about it, but to date I haven't seen any action on his part. I've personally linked two of my floral websites to the video. Perhaps Ryan could show us where he has aided in our efforts.

After all, this is a team effort.

I don't think you realize what ryan does behind the mask.

I am sure there is something contributed on his part.

Nope. That is just a flexuation. None of the pages that we've gotten in place for this have been crawled yet. We will see clear visible signs when they are.

The reason I mentioned earlier that it would be best to put the anchor text link on homepages is that they are more likely to be crawled first and they have the most authority to get the job done.

Mac -

FYI not everything FC members actively do to help pages, articles and posts rise in search gets discussed here. ;)

Some folks like to go stealth. :)

You do realize the PF video was Dugg twice last year?

Should we try Stumbleupon? I haven't downloaded their toolbar but read it can be a good way to get more traffic to a site.

A bunch of us linked to the video from blog posts last year, too and I wondering if we should do refresher posts linking to the old ones?

While I don't think that stumbleupon will aid in our crusade, I do think refresher posts to old blogs would influence Googlebot and Yahoo's Slurp result. It would be good too if some of the higher PageRank blogs were anchor text edited to just say "Proflowers".

Regardless, in my opionion, if Boss could just anchor text edit on this page http://www.floristdetective.com/wst_page15.aspx for just the word "Proflowers" this all would be a sealed deal.

IMHO, RYAN, is probably conducting black ops, well behind the scenes, in addition to his long list of other responsibilities, and of course penciling in a minute or two for a life.
Some they say call him " THE STEALTH MEISTER ".

Nope. That is just a flexuation. None of the pages that we've gotten in place for this have been crawled yet. We will see clear visible signs when they are.

The reason I mentioned earlier that it would be best to put the anchor text link on homepages is that they are more likely to be crawled first and they have the most authority to get the job done.

Wrong.

And, wrong.

:>

That's the Ryan I know. Always good at pointing out what's "wrong" but almost never offering correction.

Any way, I really don't care about our differences. The overall thrust of our brains coming together to rank that video is all I care about at this point.

That's the Ryan I know. Always good at pointing out what's "wrong" but almost never offering correction.

Any way, I really don't care about our differences. The overall thrust of our brains coming together to rank that video is all I care about at this point.
Ya, that's me ... never helpful :)

Mac, this is FlowerChat - where we're always willing to help each other with flower business stuff. However, if you need a refresher in SEO 101 go hang out at Digital Point for a while ;)

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.