Scummy tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloomz

Nov 12, 2002
Corvalis
State / Prov
OR
You know how I said a while back the air was a bit fresher up in here?

Check this out and see if you can recognize this design, then I'll give you a clue if'n you don't get it

Not only is it a fugly egocentric "it's all about me" website - not a single design on it is original as claimed. Every single arrangement on there is horked from somewhere else and relabeled as an in house special, all totally in violation of about everyone's copyrights. This is from the dude that used to call others here (especially me) deceptive, scummy, an a plethora of other names.

So - tell me if you can recognize this bouquet

http://www.usflowerhaus.com/product...d/163?osCsid=503bdc5a3aabd283b56a60e86e52bf82

Pause for effect.....
[/pause]

It's a Flowerhaus Christmas Elegance Bouquet? OR is it an Avante Gardens Christmas Elegance Bouquet?

Now click here

http://www.avantegardens.com/Holiday-Elegance-Centerpiece.html

AFAIK Cathy and Phil haven't started working in Florida...for Melbourne's 5 Star Florist. [/gag]

Whaddya think?

There's several others as well directly taken from AG's site

http://www.usflowerhaus.com/product...d/164?osCsid=503bdc5a3aabd283b56a60e86e52bf82

To use his word - I think it's "scummy" to the nth degree. And his true colors come thru again.

Never liked that guy. But boy he sure liked himself. :rofl:

Tough job, but I guess somebody has to.

:buymedinn

PS Wondering if he has been asked (told) to remove them?

Reactions: 1 person
Just looking at those they look to be from a old AFS book that was popular in the early 90's I think the number use to AFS 65-3 I will have to call pops and ask him,,, but that looks like the orginal area it came from,,also that is why it is so important for folks to do this on there site,,so no one can copy and paste things...

It's such an ugly site to begin with......IMHO Then it's such an ugly thing to do.......IMNSHO

PS Wondering if he has been asked (told) to remove them?
Yes, he was asked and then told to remove all my images.

He told me that I should basically feel honored that he thought enough of my work to use it on his site and then went to justify the theft by saying that the entire industry is scummy so they might as well join in.

I can't begin to tell you how angry I am about it.

Google's Matt Cutts posted about a scummy SEO who's now in jail and surmised that
For a while now, I’ve had a slight hunch that clients that embrace blackhat SEO on their site are willing to cut corners in other areas of business as well. Earlier today I was reviewing an email from 2001 (!) where Google removed a very large company’s website from our index for hidden GIF links, machine-generated doorway pages, and cloaking. It’s interesting to look back with the benefit of hindsight now. Later on, the company:
- had 10+ employees convicted for inflating revenue
- the CEO was sentenced to 10+ years in jail
- another executive was sentenced to 2+ years in jail
Bottom line - leadership that's willing to cheat in one aspect of a business (SEO in the case of Matt Cutt's post) is usually conducting unethical self-serving practices in other dealings. I think we pretty much see that in the flower business where the guys running fraudulent ads are often ripping off both customers and other florists by skimming or using other deceptive tactics.

*sigh* Our Florida friend isn't the only guy swiping my images. An OG lifted some of my holiday designs and had the nerve to upload them into Google's Product Search.

Pursuing these guys legally takes time & money - and the dirt bags know it. The next move is mine to make. I'm trying to wedge it in between V-Day prep, appointments and the other stuff that's always urgently awaiting attention.

Its stealing plain and simple.
I would outraged and certainly 12 Bucks needs to remove those images now. It is not an honor to be ripped off.
You have asked him to remove them and he has refused to do.
Un-freaken-beliveable!!!!!!!!!!!!
How sad.

Cathy,
It sucks that this is still happening - even more disturbing that it's from someone who was considered a "friend" around here, at least by some people.

Were you able to get your images removed from Beneva's site?

tracy

Oh my god, that is unforgiveable!! I noticed on his profile there are no longer any posts listed (it shows zero), but is he still a member here? Is he still welcome??????

Beth :~(

Okay, I'm losing my mind ;) I clicked on the wrong link when I compared the two that Bloomz showed. Just ignore my last post :>

Cathy,

Have you tried filing a DMCA notice to Google? They might drop him from the index.

I also had success going after another former member of FC who posted copyrighted material when I wrote to his hosting company. Got a very quick response.

Ryan

Regarding Beneva, I had given them permission to use a different image (the F&F Sleigh) so that was attributed to some miscommunication somewhere. I don't agree with Art on everything, but he's not the type to just swipe someone else's photos.
Good to know - it sucks when someone you look up to in this business turns out to be a player.

tracy

Perfect time to do reviews again I see....let the public be aware. I did one on city search...all I could do not to tell him off...he has always been an a** but to take CHR's images and then be asked to remove them and not do so is over the top.
Sher

Take the time to do a review on this site.

Are we sure he can not read this thread and do the same to all of us?
No, he can't.

Mark is no longer an active member here.

Ryan

This guy's shop already failed and all he was doing around here was bloviating about stuff he knew nothing about (running a successful flower shop). I don't buy that "merged with another shop" crap - never did.

I think the guy is paying his dues with failure, a sad thing. I saw that for some time, the signs were all there.

So - do you think anyone will order from that fuglyass site? It obviously ain't payin' the rent.

I would be careful reviewing him negatively cuz he is the type to retaliate - and I can guess who will be target #1, since he had a way of blaming me for all his problems anyway. And targets 2+ will be anyone else he here left mad at, such as the moderators.

Ya know - one of my fav sayings is "Time wounds all heels."

It has and is, and will continue to.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.