Scummy tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Bloomz, let Karma take its course. It takes a long time to get good reviews for your store and to build a reputation and only a few minutes for some jerk to try and mess it up for you online.
Honestly, I always thought you were kinda hard on the guy but now I see that you were spot on.

I would be careful reviewing him negatively cuz he is the type to retaliate - and I can guess who will be target #1, since he had a way of blaming me for all his problems anyway. And targets 2+ will be anyone else he here left mad at, such as the moderators.
Words to heed. He's definitely a loose cannon that knows no limits.

Now, if you know some good shops in that area, a kind word directed their way might not hurt. :)

Reactions: 1 person
I like that!

Anybody know any? There seems to be a bunch there.

How sad, and disappointing. He is unable to make a mark in music or floral.

V

How sad, and disappointing. He is unable to make a mark in music or floral.

V

This does kinda smack of him taking that John Prine song and calling it his own original - don't it?

Ya know - one of my fav sayings is "Time wounds all heels."

Ha! I had to read that twice. For a second I thought you were being nice.

I his case - I was.

I think for a furture post about images being used on some other websites that a nice PM be sent over to the owner instead off posting about it in the open. To many looky lo's..

Also the active links going to his site will get his attention as well.

I must say I am very disappointed with what he is doing. It almost dosen't even make since why he would even do it. Especially using Cathy's images. Thats just crazy...

Yes, he was asked and then told to remove all my images.

He told me that I should basically feel honored that he thought enough of my work to use it on his site and then went to justify the theft by saying that the entire industry is scummy so they might as well join in.

I can't begin to tell you how angry I am about it.

I understand what you are saying but seems like Cathy took that step first and as usual his level of arrogance showed up again and he did not remove the images.
Sher

I kinda miss 12bucks-bloomz p*ssing match, though. It was entertaining. :) Actually I never had issues with his net persona, as I've seen a lot worse. One thing I know is that, if his net persona is any indication of who he really is, I wouldn't allow my daughter to marry him. Hopefully, he wil learn something from this mistake.

I'm Sure It Was An Honest Mistake.....

I'm sure this was an honest mistake on 12 Bucks part....same as that song "Angel from Montgomery" that 12 Bucks actually wrote.....that was latered copied by Bonnie Rait...and some guy named Prine.

Now that I think about it...I'll bet 12 bucks will tell you that CHR copied those designs from him.

It's so bad ya just gotta laugh.....

Back off Bloomz!!!

All the best!!

At the risk of being shot down myself, I have to say that 12Bucks just helped me through a very tough time with my store. I went to him for his blatent opinion and his loose canon mouth, but mostly for his very realistic view of the business.

12Bucks gave me excellent advice and the arguments he had are all backed up by the numbers my husband calculated.

He may be abrasive, but he is very sharp. It's unfortunate this all happened and he's been "kicked off" from here. And I must say that if he has indeed ripped off pics from another website, it is shameful.

For the fellow flowerchat members who disliked him, you have won: he is no longer on here. There is no longer a need to bring him up in threads.
If legal action is required, than the person who's copyright was violated should slap on a lawsuit.

I don't personally know 12Bucks, and he's altogether in a different country than I am, but it is equally shameful that the chat here is being used to slander him. What makes it even worse is that he is not able to come on here to give his side of the story.

Julie

Reactions: 2 people
Julie,

It's not slander if:
1) It's true
2) It's confirmed by his own admission

What is being discussed is the wilful and blatant misuse and misrepresentation of the copyrighted property of another business. In several discussions previously he has defended the practice of using images he doesn't have license for. Now, he's chosen to brazenly take a swipe at one of the sharpest ladies in the business - he's too sharp to think it would go unnoticed, it's simply spitting in Cathy's face.

For the record - 12Bucks left of his own accord. His words were: "I quit this b@@@@"

Nobody wins in a situation like this.

Ryan

I'm sure this was an honest mistake on 12 Bucks part....same as that song "Angel from Montgomery" that 12 Bucks actually wrote.....that was latered copied by Bonnie Rait...and some guy named Prine.

Now that I think about it...I'll bet 12 bucks will tell you that CHR copied those designs from him.

It's so bad ya just gotta laugh.....

Back off Bloomz!!!

All the best!!

Honest my ass....sell you a bridge amigo? :iwuvyou:

At the risk of being shot down myself, I have to say that 12Bucks just helped me through a very tough time with my store. I went to him for his blatent opinion and his loose canon mouth, but mostly for his very realistic view of the business.

12Bucks gave me excellent advice and the arguments he had are all backed up by the numbers my husband calculated.

He may be abrasive, but he is very sharp. It's unfortunate this all happened and he's been "kicked off" from here. And I must say that if he has indeed ripped off pics from another website, it is shameful.

For the fellow flowerchat members who disliked him, you have won: he is no longer on here. There is no longer a need to bring him up in threads.
If legal action is required, than the person who's copyright was violated should slap on a lawsuit.

I don't personally know 12Bucks, and he's altogether in a different country than I am, but it is equally shameful that the chat here is being used to slander him. What makes it even worse is that he is not able to come on here to give his side of the story.

Julie

Advice from a guy who couldn't keep his own business running?

Sharp? Not at running a flower shop for sure.

I guess a bad example is still a good example, so if you care for that kind of advice, it's all yours.

He quite openly professed copyright violation right here several times and that he didn't care cuz he felt like it was owed to him. It really is a slap in Cathy's face, and she deserves way better than he chose to give her.

He earned his disdain from my perspective - search some old threads if you like and see how offensive he was at least to me.

I for one am glad he left the building - the air is much fresher in here.

Not that I don't like a good argument...but not the same ole one over and over...

opinions vary

blessings

What is being discussed is the wilful and blatant misuse and misrepresentation of the copyrighted property of another business. In several discussions previously he has defended the practice of using images he doesn't have license for. Now, he's chosen to brazenly take a swipe at one of the sharpest ladies in the business - he's too sharp to think it would go unnoticed, it's simply spitting in Cathy's face.

For the record - 12Bucks left of his own accord. His words were: "I quit this b@@@@"

Nobody wins in a situation like this.

Ryan

NOTICED THAT THE INFORMATION AND LINKS ARE STILL ACTIVE FOR 12BUCKS.
????

Julie, I'm glad Mark (12 bucks) was able to be of help to you. No one is completely bad. Sadly he proved himself to be untrustworthy to many of us over the years.

No one is shooting you down... just speaking from our own experiences, which weren't as positive as yours.

V

That's too bad, the whole thing with 12Bucks....I certainly don't condone copyright infringement. And I don't think I'm aware of everything that he did here to offend people. If many people on here are offended by him, there's undoubtly a reason, if not many reasons.

I'm running a struggling floral shop, and 12Bucks advised it was going nowhere and I should shut down. Although it truly does break my heart, I have to agree with his suggestion. Both my husband and I ran through the numbers time and time again, and even under our best projected scenario, we will never make more than 22 grand per year.

If someone has a suggestion on how to turn things around, please do let me know. Although I should move on and rejoin the corporate world, I'm still hanging on to the hope that I may make it as a florist. We are almost completely booked for 2008 weddings, so I guess we can say we're successful at that, but our retail sales are not enough to fill in the "dark months" like November, January, February and March (where there aren't as many weddings).

So he did give you advice on something he knows about.

He did know how to not succeed as a retail florist.

I apologize for inferring otherwise.

Maybe his advice was good... maybe not. Have you spoken to anyone in Waterloo who may be able to shed a better light. Afterall, while Mark has knowledge, he maybe doesn't know about Canadian business. Who knows, it's worth another look or try.

V

Status
Not open for further replies.