snow snow and more snow

I think I will never travel out of Florida in the winter, that sounds miserable! I was sweat'n at 80 degrees yesterday two blocks from the beach. Any one wanna come down after Valentine's day for some sunshine?

Reactions: KABERS
Watched the 11 pm. weather last night before I went to bed. Snow for us tonight into Sunday "a dusting 1-2" " I get up this a.m. and watch the weather, 6-12".......completely the opposite of what was on the same station last night. Another storm on Monday into Tuesday then clear until Friday where they are watching for another storm.....hmmmmmm

even tho the snow banks are getting close to 6' tall, the sun has been shining the last couple days (after the big dump - but not as big as the blizzard of 78, 33 years ago last week. Who remembers that one? I do... :) )

It's colder than cold. the gas metre is spinning like a fan....

good thing, first shippment of val flowers came yesterday and are beautiful! now if the weather will cooperate so we can sell them all..

Thought you would enjoy this photo a customer took of the intersection my shop is at. See the windows outlined in twinkie lights? My shop is the small cluster of lights just to the left of those.

Yup, uh huh.

I've been told that you can only see my shop from about halfway up, the snowbanks are higher than the parking meters. (I haven't actually been to the shop in a week because I'm on day #21 of walking pneumonia - great. This winter only gets better and better.)

Speaking of parking meters - we only have on street parking.

NOT.

We don't even have that any more. The roads are so narrow they can't allow anyone to park on the street. This is a city. This all the parking I have.

We've been closed because of weather 7 times this winter - so far.

Ask me how I'm hurting.

Attachments

• snowbooth (1).jpg
    snowbooth (1).jpg
    803.8 KB · Views: 26
So Sorry Sprout, That's horrible and then to be sick too. I'm gonna stop complaining and pray for sunshine and above freezing temps for the next 10 days for everyone!

Thought you would enjoy this photo a customer took of the intersection my shop is at. See the windows outlined in twinkie lights? My shop is the small cluster of lights just to the left of those.

Yup, uh huh.

I've been told that you can only see my shop from about halfway up, the snowbanks are higher than the parking meters. (I haven't actually been to the shop in a week because I'm on day #21 of walking pneumonia - great. This winter only gets better and better.)

Speaking of parking meters - we only have on street parking.

NOT.

We don't even have that any more. The roads are so narrow they can't allow anyone to park on the street. This is a city. This all the parking I have.

We've been closed because of weather 7 times this winter - so far.

Ask me how I'm hurting.

Cathy, I'm so sorry you have been so ill, walking pneumonia is no picnic, I've only had it once many years ago and I still remember it. Gosh, I pray you get a miracle recovery soon!

As to the snow, would the merchants along your street band together for snow removal? Several years ago, I had a company come and take my snow away, it cost me about $500, but freed up 10 parking spaces. Most definitely a worthwhile expense if the alternative is people going elsewhere.

Half the businesses on my side of the road can barely be bothered to shovel their walk, trust me, they would not be chipping in for snow removal. I may have to see what it would cost to go it alone..though it would benefit everyone. If I can even find someone with heavy equipment available at this point...

Cathy, I think you should have a shoveling party. Invite anyone with a shovel to come and take away a barrel of snow in exchange for free flowers! Tweet it, blog it, tell the newspapers. But also, you'd think the city would do some snow removal for a business right before a big holiday. So frustrating....what are you paying taxes for anyway!?

Helen, trust me the snow is no party at this point. One business person I know had a snow sculpture party yesterday. He's a role model for out of the box creative business thinking with a zillion loyal fans. Three people showed.

Our city streets are in gridlock because roads that were 4 lanes wide are now 2 lanes. Firetrucks can't get down some side streets. Community safety at risk, commerce at a stand still - I don't know why they haven't declared it an emergency and gotten help.

Hi Guys, Sorry your weather is so sucky! I'm watching the weather hoping we go down into the 40's for the weekend so I don't have to rent a reefer truck for Valentine storage. Just put them into the vacant bldg next door. I guess when I get to the point of retiring and selling my shop in Florida...all I have to do is advertise it on Flowerchat in January. I hope everyone gets a heat-wave for this week & next. Cheers!