snow snow and more snow

I don't think we got the snow they were calling for.
The wind and the hard almost ice like snow hitting the windows last night did wake me at 4AM. but I didn't need to shovel to get the car out of the drive today!

and its stopped snowing here.

Same here, usually when they have all those dire warnings they are pretty close to correct, but I think they were way off this time, we've had worse conditions with no warning this year. But I guess better to be safe than sorry.

I am such a wuss, I let my almost 83 year old husband drive me to the shop. My PT Cruiser does not stop well on ice and slush, I slid into a curb in November and have been quite anxious since, especially during the night when trying to sleep. We had 2-3 inches of sleet and several inches of snow which isn't bad, but I was afraid to get out of my driveway(curved and sloped), which is no treat in this weather.

I live in a rural area in Central Illinois. I closed early yesterday and am closed today. We didn't get all the snow they were calling for but the winds are fierce. My parents live on the same property as we do and we were all without power for almost 12 hours yesterday. It is back on now so as long as it stays on we will be fine. My husband stayed in town last night and will probably stay tonight. He works at one of the hospitals in a town about 23 miles away.

I probably could have made it to town to open my shop which is 8 miles away but I doubt if I would have any customers or be able to get any work done 'cause my Mom would be calling every 5 minutes telling me to come home!

Gonna try to get the website updated for Valentine's Day , at least I can do that from home!

Reactions: KABERS
Closed today, still in my pj's. We got just over 15" of wet heavy snow from the system but now the lake effect snow is getting started - suppose to end over night tonight. I delivered all my funeral work yesterday and yet I still feel guilty being home.

I was just sitting here at home feeling bad about not opening today. It looks OK to drive now but by the time I get there it would be 1:30. I'm told nobody is out and about anyway so I guess I'll stay home.

Still snowing here in Middle Missuagain..... plow piles 7-8 feet high... even 4 wheel drives stuck on side streets....

I love a good storm :)

We only got about 6 inches of snow overnight and the wind caused another inch or so of drifts.
Went out and shoveled at noon and by 1 p.m. the snow was coming down again fast and thick!
Took the car out to a client's place - a 10 minute drive turned into a half-hour of white-knuckle skidding; I was never so happy to get back home in my life! It's now just after 3 p.m. and we have another 4 inches of snow in the driveway and still no sign of a snowplough!
I'm staying put!
Emily

My Kubota ran like a clock, I cleared the sidewalk, the entire block, dug out 7 driveway ramps, cleared 2 bus stops, AND THEN, the city showed up!
They looked at me, I looked at them, they waved, I waved, went back to ploughing OUR lot & driveways, had 6 customers in, 2 pickups, 8 deliveries (everyone was home), and now watching these HUGE flakes coming down, and piling up again...I swear, they're the size of a brick!

Reactions: emilymoonflower
came home at 2, mainly because couldn't see out the front of the van (danged wipers are bad and iced from defroster - miss 1/2 of the windshield).. it lulled for a bit but now has picked up in intensity. Town plows are out only on main roads. Deliveries were done as soon as delivery girl came in. No wind as of yet and at least about 10" of snow as of right now and they said at noon "snow until after midnight"... hmmm

Reactions: emilymoonflower
I'm listening to talk radio today and some weather expert was on and said that the NE either last night or tonight will experience something called "Thundersnow storm". It's where the intensity is so bad that it actulaly creates lightning and thunder when the snow comes done bad. He said, "anything can happen" when it gets like that and I complain about the rain..............

Actually Chicago got thundersnow last night. We haven't had any here but it isn't uncommon in bad nor'easters. We've had them before.

I spent half a day on top of my house with a snow shovel because I could not find a rack anywhere, everyone's out. I have over three feet in areas and ice below, talk about precarious.

Reactions: sandytf
Actually Chicago got thundersnow last night.
Did y'all see the pics from Chi-Town and LakeShore DR? What a bunch of idiots.... what were they thinking... looked to be 100++ cars parked on the road, many of them out of gas as the owners stayed til they ran out, THEN went a walking...

We too had lightening with the snow.... pretty cool thing to see...

Did y'all see the pics from Chi-Town and LakeShore DR? What a bunch of idiots.... what were they thinking... looked to be 100++ cars parked on the road, many of them out of gas as the owners stayed til they ran out, THEN went a walking...

We too had lightening with the snow.... pretty cool thing to see...

what YOU were thinking, was exactly what I was thinking......haven't seen lightning for a long time, but had thundersnow couple years back!

Ha.... looks like TexASS got a bit this morning.... Bring on the Super Bowl.....

Yes, Texas got hit with snow. We wanted to you Northeners to feel at home. Texas is all about hospitality. The only problem is our cities aren't equipped to handle ice and snow as well as your cities, not to mention we have no skills in driving on it.

It wasn't bad here in Brenham, we're midway between Houston and Austin, Gulf coast area. Made one delivery so far. Took me 40 minutes across town and back. Not profitable but we strive for happy customers.

Reactions: KABERS
Looks like another one moving up the East Coast for tomorrow.... you folks just dumping it into the Hudson these days?