snow snow and more snow

I am sitting in my great room, listening to ice drops pelt the window, trying to figure out if the first half of my valentine shipment (7 Boxes) will come today or not from Flowerbuyer. Tracking says its in Indianapolis, which is in the path of this tremendous storm. I am sick of the weather, suffer from SADD and while we did have sun on Saturday and Sunday it has not been enough. i am so ready for Spring. Tomorrow night it is supposed to be 6 below, oh well hope the power lines stay up.

Yo BBJ.... why don't you post up some of those pictures from your neck of the rock.... the ones of the roads with excavators clearing snow....

We're a bunch of sissies down here in the lower 48... oh yea and them folks in Dundas too ;)

Yo BBJ.... why don't you post up some of those pictures from your neck of the rock.... the ones of the roads with excavators clearing snow....

We're a bunch of sissies down here in the lower 48... oh yea and them folks in Dundas too ;)

that was our "rock star" from Newfoundland...ROCK...I'll see if I can dig up them pics......
BBJ's pics are of probably the most ferocious ice storm of all time, and many people suffered weeks without basic services......

We are located just south of Metro Indy. Had 1/2" ice Monday and more coming Tuesday. I agree that snow is better but 23" is a lot of snow. We are supposed to get snow on top of the ice Wednesday. We are only delivering to funeral homes and local business' until Mother Nature decides to give us a break.

Quote of the week....

"oh, if she's not home, just leave it outside her door..."

Sure.....frozen flowers anyone!!!

That's what will be happening in about 12 days with Fed X...............

O,Oh,Oh, I looked at the above, and 1/2 way down the page is a picture of a man standing next to the top of a utility pole, I was in Minot, North Dakota when that snow storm happened, we were living on the AF base. What memories came flooding back.

Wow these pics are amazing! And my brother-in-law is stationed in Minot, ND now! Wonder how what they are gonna get???

Can't believe people live in this stuff! Part of me is jealous, the other part is very glad I live on the equator!

Wow these pics are amazing! And my brother-in-law is stationed in Minot, ND now! Wonder how what they are gonna get???

Can't believe people live in this stuff! Part of me is jealous, the other part is very glad I live on the equator!

a SEVERE BLIZZARD WARNING has just been issued for our DIRECT area, at the west end of Lake Ontario.......:faint:...time to get comfy and :alcoholic

Yep Mikey... I'm not sure we're even going to open tomorrow... prediction here is for 14-20 inches which is really no big deal, but the 40mph winds are going to be the problem... windy as hell already, and the snows still 5 hours away... but I have 2 Military Funerals tomorrow... and they ARE going to go...

For those who don't know about it... one of the most awesome weather sites out there... Wunderground.com in case you're interested...

Whatever y'all do..stay safe~!

It hit here about 2 hrs ago Mark and i'm just over 4 hrs. south of you. I closed an hour early and I will be shocked if anything is open tomorrow. The wind is the problem big time

I just realized if the power goes off for too long I will have to go bring the flowers to the house to keep them warm!

I have flowers for 35 ladies to make arrangements with on Thursday! and no time to replace them if anything happened to them!

Apparently its the first severe blizzard warning in our area since 1983..

it's supposed to be worse than '77....Hamilton,Dundas,Burlington,Stoney Creek, and surrounding areas basically shut down!..everything stopped, even the snow plows.....

Aw, you guys. I'm really thinking about you. Please stay safe, especially if, like Mark, you still gotta do the flower thing.

I attempted to gauge the piles of snow we already have in our parking lot. I'd say about 20 feet high, maybe 15 feet across. Several of those. The snowbanks are just shy of 5 1/2 feet high everywhere else along all of the roadsides. But our roads are clear! You'll get through it, just hunker down.

Melissa, hmmmm. Hope you keep your power, that would bite!

Hmmm... not that bad here... main roads clear... neighborhoods are another story.... made it to the store... 4-5 foot drifts in places... still snowing hard here, and the wind is kick'n...

Hmmm... not that bad here... main roads clear... neighborhoods are another story.... made it to the store... 4-5 foot drifts in places... still snowing hard here, and the wind is kick'n...

we're ready to go......4x4's warmed up.....