The Arrangement on LOGO tv

Bingo! He has to have the most inarticulate commentary of anyone judging a reality TV show. Every time I hear "I like it" (which happens numerous times each episode) I want to smack the TV. Why? Why? Why? Educate viewers and show it's not all about Eric's personal taste.

But Eric does have a tougher job than Tim. He has to be 'coach' as well as judge - in essence being Tim and Micheal Kors at the same time. (I DO love Micheal Kors because he so nails the "why's" of his opinions.)

OK, his roll is more like that of Tom Colicchio's of Top Chef than Tim Gunn's, but Buterbaugh's TV persona is so snarky as to be unwatchable.

That said, for me those types of shows are about the challenges, not the personalities - I really enjoy watching folks stretch their brains. It's like when my customer says "I need an arrangement for my book club to go with - To Kill a Mockingbird." :)

Anil needs to go.....

Did they spell his name wrong? Seems kind of anal to me... :)
FTR Anil is Rosie's favorite. Not exactly sure why.... must be a generational thing. He posted a message on my FB page and she sent him a fan note.

He's not as experienced as some of the other contestants so my guess is he won't be around in the top 3. My best guess for those spots are Guillermo, Eddie and Tara.... but Derek has a good shot, too. Depends on the categories in the next 3 episodes.

It's Guillermo all the way. 2nd Derek. Third will be Tara.

My guess is Rosie think Anil is cute- cause he is, and in a non threatening way.

Rosie probably likes his sassiness...the young ones like that...I knew Rosie would be watching, she will be the up and coming HDIC(Head Designer In Charge), of Avante Gardens for sure....Cathy, tell her I said that, she'll get a kick out of it!

I liked Tenley on the last show, she appeals to me for some reason, guess I like her attitude. She may not be good enough to win though.

Bye Bye Edie... sad to see you go....

Tara's a B I T C H ;)

Eliminated so far:

Episode 1 - Bonnie
Episode 2 - Gloria
Episode 3 - Russ
Episode 4 - Jenny
Episode 5 - Eddie

In no way did I think Eddie should have been eliminated this week. While his easel spray was weak, his casket piece got #1 from both Phil and me. Tenley's casket piece was more like a food buffet and her easel was done so poorly, you could see the wire and hanger on the stand.

The 3 minute challenge was a joke. Tara did a roundy-moundy of just roses and Eddie added textures and techniques that had much, much more flair. IMO Tenley should have gone home even though she didn't make the bottom two.

Eric Buterbaugh's admonishments about the 'number of ingredients' in a design is just plain wrong and is his personal taste only. I'd like to post a bunch of photos of world cup winners who far exceed Eric's number. Eric is famous for lush groupings of premium flowers and almost never uses linear materials or strong lines in his design work....so he's basically judging on 'what he likes and does', regardless of overall look and technical execution.

Add in over-the-top Omorosa and her lousy personality and this was by far my least favorite episode.

I agree with Cathy 100% about Eric and his opinions.

Is it maybe because he doesn't know elements and principals?

BTW- I thought Tenleys casket spray sucked. I thought Taras standing spray really sucked and I thought Derecks casket spray looked squished, but was a great concept.

I did not think Eddies Spray was as bad as everyone else did. In fact I thought it was pretty creative.

I'm really hoping that this show doesn't turn into who can be the biggest b*tch.

And seriously- even as big of an ego as I can sometimes display- I'm like "holy crap these people are arrogant" During contests is when I'm the most scared actually, and just sort of keep my mouth shut. Sometimes I have even gotten sick before contests. I'm certianly not talking smack. The most relaxed I ever was before a contest was when I didn't realize what the contest title was until I got there.

And another thing- I've never EVER been in a competetion where you can talk while designing, and sure as hell not give the guy next to you help. That really pisses me off. I think they should be disqualified for that crap.

And Erics "too many ingredients" line was sort of funny to me because are they designing for him or the client?

Reactions: Rhonda
Eric is becoming way more annoying than GiGi....his opinions and likes are NOT neccesarily what the client wants....and that was proven in this challenge...the client was liking the vast array of beautiful flowers handed to her on the casket...as for the sprays, first off the silks given were hideous examples of silk flowers more like dollar store crap, anyone would have a hard time to make anything nice out of them in 30 minutes...Tenly should have gone home, her inexperience is starting to show, she never made funeral work, WTF is that all about, what kind of florist does she work at...so one trick ponies are definately atrting to feel the pressure, funeral work wasn't anyones favorite or strong point in their words, with the exception to tara...I was glad to see anil changed his concept...as much as Eddie reminds me of my backstabbing competiotion here in Melrose, I do not think he should have gone home this week...Tara remibds me of me, a strong old fashioned strength of how tos, but plays it kind of safe for the most part....I love Anil, but I really think he needs to step up his game at this point and step out of his design box...Derek is surprisingly talanted but also needs to step out of his design box also...basically I think they all need to step out of the box, I really think Tenly will be going home this week...I think the Drag Queens with tear her up and she will panick and cry yet again...there is no crying in floarl design and it looks to me like the drag queens make at least two cry next week....it is on @@@@@es...this week we could lose alot of lforists because the drama and "silly reality" gets to be too much...

Seriously? Why?
Why what, Why was I sad to see him go, or that she comes of like a whining beatch...

I thought he did better than others, yet he was the one to lose. As to Tara, it's mostly her catty comments I dislike... but then again, I have my own attitude, and some don't like it either... maybe I'm being too judgmental?

Wow Mark- I didn't see Tara as a B*tch at all. Just a confident designer. Actually I think Eddie was WAAAAYYYY more catty than all of them combined! including Anil.
very interesting that you see her that way.

Shannon, I look at her that way too. She is a bit hard and serious, but I am like that too when I am working, and sometimes I come off as biatchy(really I mean it)....

Anil is playful catty and arrogant, Eddie was mean and sharp catty...and Tara is confident catty, but that is a weakness in itself, because she doesn't see the talent in the other people..I used to be like that, I really have a hard time seeing past other designers flaws to realize that they have talent even though not perfect, which makes me sound like I think my designs are perfect and although I can see past my flaws, i do know they are there, I still think of my designs as superior to others...Sounds bad, but I usually keep all that in my head and don't let it out, I have learned over the years that if let out it hurts feelings and makes you seem very unfriendly and makes people not want to work for you or around you...not something I ever wanted to accomplish with that line of thinking...I also have that same problem with intelligence, I have to remind myself all the time that not all people are built the same and we all have redeeming qualities and we all have flaws and to focus on people redeeming qualities instead of flaws...

For the record, Tara did redeem herself a bit today when she helped another, but still... maybe it's just me. And Lori ;)

For the record, Tara did redeem herself a bit today when she helped another, but still... maybe it's just me. And Lori ;)

Oh it is definately me!!!! I can be a biatch on wheels, when pissy!!

They all should be disqualified for "helping" unless it's a group task- Their designs should be thier own, not someones elses vision.

After having taken the time to peruse Eric Butterbum's website, and reading about what a masterful designer he is, I have concluded that he knows people.

I have noticed a difference in Gigi as the episodes go on. She is intimidated by Eric.

Although I like Derek's designs for the most part, I could not believe both Guillermo and Tara were not applauded for their underwater designs. I liked them far more than Derek's.

Going back in my memory, with the "Saw" episode, I am now realizing that these "clients" are just props and set-ups for the challenge. Their input has no bearing.

I'll keep watching it, I really can't help myself, but I predict whoever studies Eric's "design" and is able to replicate that the best will be the winner. Although there are four judges sitting there, only one matters.

He knows people.