The Arrangement on LOGO tv

Good prizes come from sponsors and advertisers who want to pair themselves with the shows.

Notice how Project Runway has used BlueFly and Macy's for accessories plus TRESemme' haircare product during the tapings. It's all paid placement.

Who's gonna want to tie in with this show? 1-800-Flowers? FTD? Teleflora? None of the growers have brand names and none of the associations have the funds.

IMO that's why we've never seen a floral design show before now - lack of advertiser interest.

Just having watched uBloom's videos of the CA growers, why wouldn't the CCFC want some consumer exposure??

Reactions: bootcampguy
I think that Oasis has enough consumer products in Michales to do a consumer commercial, it would help us sell these supplies also, and maybe get florists to get that stuff out for sale...maybe the flower council of holland or the california flower growers could do commercials like port the other white meat...

I know that style companies and furniture companies and food companies are a good pair...but yeah, 800-flowers or martha may jump on this and ruin it..

GO DEREK~!

He has yet to unleash his talent ;)

Gotta love Eddie too....

IMO Derek would have won the mask and bouquet challenge if he had finished the back of his bouquet. Both his designs were fresh, unique and striking. With only 30 minutes to complete both pieces, my guess is we'd all be stressed to get them finished well.

In the main challenge, it was disappointing to see what some of the designers did with $500 budgets. Should have been a lot more bang for the bucks. Can't believe Russ' arrangement wasn't deemed 'worst'. With its basic, radial shape, it looked like a bad FTD special.

IMO Derek would have won the mask and bouquet challenge if he had finished the back of his bouquet. Both his designs were fresh, unique and striking. With only 30 minutes to complete both pieces, my guess is we'd all be stressed to get them finished well.

In the main challenge, it was disappointing to see what some of the designers did with $500 budgets. Should have been a lot more bang for the bucks. Can't believe Russ' arrangement wasn't deemed 'worst'. With its basic, radial shape, it looked like a bad FTD special.

Cathy, I was thinking the same thing about the 30 min, thing...I would be cutting that to the last second..and I am fast, but to get it all competition worthy, seems like it would be super stressful...

Russ' arrangement only made the cut because the client liked it, and that goes to show you that FTD, TF and 800-flowers do know that those simple basic designs do have appeal to a whole lot of people...even hollywood types with a flair for the dramatic...I guess...I liked anil's the best this week...It showcased the props the best and was just really designed so that everything was very balanced...

Guillermo's was nice, but too pretty...The hand tied bouquets were a bit to weddingy for me, but he does have a nice eye for design...Those props had to be a butt oodle of money, and they all went for high end flowers in their entirety...I may have tried to get some deep deep colored carns just to use deep in for some cheap color and fluff to really get the drama and size of what 500 bucks should buy...

Russ so far has done everything with roses...he reall is a rose kinda guy...

Reactions: Rhonda
One thing I will say for this show... well two...

Glad it's online, cuz I don't watch the TV... and....

It's given me a new attitude toward outlandish design... gonna do some fun stuff for the holidays~!

Reactions: anytimeflowers
It's a fun show, but honestly I just fast forward to the end. I do love that they say b*tch a lot. Proves I'm not the only one in this biz who talks like that!
I like Guillermo the best.

BTW- I can't stand that hostess. She irritates the hell out of me.

Reactions: Tuberose and Rhonda
BTW- I can't stand that hostess. She irritates the hell out of me.

Drives me nuts the clothes she is almost "not wearing" and I realize she's trying to be as dramatic as Padma from Top Chef, but it doesn't work for her.....

Drives me nuts the clothes she is almost "not wearing" and I realize she's trying to be as dramatic as Padma from Top Chef, but it doesn't work for her.....

Sexy women in sexy clothes I have no problem with. If she wants her boobs all hanging out for the world to see, more power to her sister! But man she just sucks. It's like she's trying really hard to be sexy and cool and dramatic.

I wish the host was a pretty Queen like Jay on Americas Next top model. I think he's just the prettiest boy ever. And he's sincere, cause he's from the modeling industry. I was offered 2 different modeling contracts back in the day so I like that show. Plus Tyra Banks cracks me up!

I don't know for sure, but I seriously doubt that Ms.Thang ever worked a day in a flower shop. ugh, I hope the get rid of her for season 2. Give me a sweet Queen anyday!

She's some kind of bodybuilder type, she has pecs but no boobs...She really should wear some sleeves her arms are too skinny and too cut, she looks more like a man that some of the drag queens...

Reactions: Sprout