Travellers prayer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeannie, try it now. I visited all and entered my password. Let me know please, and thanks!!!

V

Still no joy on this end....unfortunately we do not have kodak photo whatsit.....hmmmph! go figure eh?
oh well...they DO say patience is a virtue yes?
:)
Hope somebody with the kodak stuff can beam in ....
Guess we'll just have to have a party and Alana can do a slide-show in person!!
yeeeeha!
jeannie

O yay O joy O bliss!!!! It worked that time!!!
AMAZING pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (thanks for making it go!)
What an adventure she had.....and us too of course, thanks to you V :)
gonna just settle in here with my coffee and have another look!
jeannie

Hey Jeannie, we haven't made it out of Ecuador yet. ;) I'm still waiting for Peru and Bolivia CD's. In the meantime I too enjoy the lovely shots. In truth there are even more, but I had to make choices.

V

http://in-alanas-world.blogspot.com/

Finally, Alana has entered more pics on her blog. Some you have already seen, but others are new. She has more pictures and more stories to tell... they trickle out in conversation... with the danger factor being more extreme after the fact. I'm glad I didn't know before!

V

Cool V! I am always keeping my eye open for the next installment!!!! The swiming with sea-lions....no the turtle....no the birds.....no, no.....hmmmm let's just say AMAZING all the way round!
What a gal you have there!
jeannie

I think....

I TOO would kiss a beer such as this, should it take ME on adventure!!
Are you proud of your "baby" or what V??????:)

Was wondering when the next "installment" was going to arrive! Glad to know I'm not the only one hooked on her adventures....keep em comin'!!
jeannie
PS...
The turtles were just the coolest creatures! WOW!!

Wow! The pictures from Peru brought back some memories, but I surely was not as boldly adventurous as Alana. I remember flying into and out of that airport at Quito!!!! Too scary! I heard some of our group praying aloud. In fact, our pilot had to make a couple of tries before he landed. At least I think that was Quito, but I don't remember the statue of the Virgin Mary.

I, too, am hooked on the Alana Adventures.

Well, here we go again... this time my intrepid traveller has thrown me a curve. She has bought a one way ticket to Nicaragua. She is leaving this Thursday. She really doesn't know when she'll be home... that just enhances the worry experience for me, bless her. She has decided to go it alone (her boyfriend is joining her for the first two weeks). Anyway, I'm asking any and all to keep the travelling duo of Alana and Shawn, and then the alone Alana in their thoughts.

I told her the other day that while I understand her desire to see the world, I do wish her passion was needlepoint... and I'm not so much kidding. She is not so inclined to traverse the well travelled path.

At anyrate here are a couple of pics from her last adventure.

Thanks to all of your for keeping her close in thoughts and prayers.

V

She's a pretty free spirit... something she has evolved into over time.

Alana and the seal.jpg Alana at the Galapagos.jpg Alana Vocano biking.jpg Alana and the cactus.jpg Alana celebrating with Ecuador.jpg Alana just being.jpg Alana more world to see.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
V,

I never saw this thread before. You bumped it, so it popped up as New Posts. Wow, wow, wow! I have sat here for an hour, in rapt awe, holding my breath, actual goosebumps on my arms! Now Nicaragua? Not sure when she'll be home???? How can you stand it?? I will never complain again about my daughter about to leave for college 6 hours away. Never!

Hugs,

V,

Ah! Alana is a girl after my own a heart! Free bird! Let her soar!!! My daughter is a home spun type of gal...didn't even want to go far away for college. I wish Jess was more adventurous...like your beautiful Alana!

V,

I can't believe it. Read the whole thread of Alana's adventures this morning. Just got back from "Indiana Jones" with my little guy. Most of it takes place near Nesca. They showed/talked about the Nesca Lines, elongated skulls, various temples and ruins, and a road that reminded me VERY MUCH of the Worlds Most Dangerous Road. You and Alana gotta see this movie!

I couldn't believe I was seeing all this, mere hours after reading about it in your posts! Almost spooky!!

Status
Not open for further replies.