Travellers prayer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:):):):):) She's back, safe, sound, happy, and full of more tales of adventure. She filled me in on the paragliding... glad I didn't know beforehand! Not much in the way of instructions were given... strap a parachute on your back and run and don't stop until you've jumped off the edge of a cliff... pretty straight forward... except the rules change when the wind does. No one told anyone about that... you're on your own kiddo. Dear heaven. She landed face first down in the valley, and in one piece.

The pictures are amazing and beyond description. I can't begin to describe what she saw. She said, the more she blinked, the more the landscape changed. The word most used on this journey was "WOW"!!!

It took a loooong time to get her through customs. When you see the picture I took of her, you'll understand why. ;) I was so happy to see her walking down that hallway at 12:45 a.m that I hugged a stranger. He's not a stranger anymore... his name is Bob. A very nice person who tolerated a goofty Mom very well. :)

We had a long, short visit before finally falling asleep (Travelodge was great by the way). She is now in the Muskoka's being pampered by Shawn.

I took the scenic route home as I really didn't want to deal with the 401. I found London via Hockley Hills, Orangeville, Elora... there are no wrong turns in my world... just roads that offer beauty. I wouldn't have found Violet Hill had I stayed on the highway. :)

I'm home now... tired, but relieved and happy. When I can I'll post the pics and videos (amazing of the world's most dangerous road!!! Even Alana, upon seeing the video this morning, couldn't believe she did it) as soon as I figure out how!

Thank you again my friends for sharing this with me... you eased the anxiety tremendously.

*hugs* all around.

V

Victoria said:
Thank you again my friends for sharing this with me...
*hugs* all around.

V
Thank us?....I think it's more like THANK YOU for sharing it with us....!!

Amazing journey!

Victoria, I believe that all of us who followed along took this journey in part with you and Alana. Thank You! Take a breath, get lots of hugs.

She is now in the Muskoka's being pampered by Shawn
This sounds mysterious...is this some Canadian right of passage when one returns from a journey? I am so glad she is safe and in your vison and hugability range. Now you can actually get that complete night of sleep.....I like many on the board have enjoyed her travels and anxiously await her pictures....give her our "hugs" too please.
Sher

I'm with Boss, V, thank you for sharing the trip with us. It was a blast.

Audra

Ditto all of the above - can't wait to see pics of her adventure!
tracy

It's heartening to know so many enjoyed Alana's adventures. :)

When I learn how to upload, I'll share all the pics possible. Already I'm amazed at how close she was able to get to some of the wildlife (I'm a birder).

Sher, Alana asked me to thank you for your kind offer... as it turns out, she wasn't in Miami as long as anticipated due to changes in flights, directions and the like from La Paz. So, a rain check is in order. :)

When she gets home I'll pass along all the hugs and good wishes from all of you. Thanks!!!

V

On the funny side... Alana bought another camera to replace the stolen one. She bought it at the "black market". Yes, there really is such a place. She got a heck of a deal on it... I noted it looked very similar to the lost one. The chances are pretty good that she bought her own camera, without the memory card of course. ;)

V

I'm happy dancing at the moment!!! Alana just called with the her blog address. :) It has pictures! I realize I will have to post some as well, but this is a start... thank God the pressure is off me for a moment.

V

http://in-alanas-world.blogspot.com/

Wonderful ! I look forward to her future posts of more photos .... makes me want to plan my own trip - someday.
What a beautiful daughter you have - like her mom I'm sure. Thanks again, for sharing her with us!
tracy

Tracie... if I could just figure out how to post an album I might beat her to it. ;) And she's worried if she's turning into a nerd!

She has some pretty awesome video snipets also... hopefully those will be posted too.

I saw more of the pictures the other night, as she plugged her camera in to my T.V. The faces... she has such a way with faces. Of course in her self-deprecating way, she said anyone could get many "National Geographic" shots in Bolivia.

Thanks for visiting her beginnings. :)

V

and where was me????

OK! enough of this wedding hooha...just beamed in and HEY!!! PICS!!!!
After a day of bridal bliss...what fun to come and have a wee sit-down and ....ta-da!
"Our" own gal about globe.....ALANA!!! (the crowd goes wild)
:yourock:
Thanks for all the many smiles....
jeannie

Jeannie... if there was a way to keep her close and yet send her far, I would love that. I miss the letters from far away places so early in the morning (you and I are early risers and we shared that great time of the day).

At anyrate my dear, I will learn how to upload pictures because I know the love of my life... she is not lazy, but she marches to her own drum and beat. ;) If I can't figure it out I'll send the album via e-mail.

V

It is asking me for a password ??????
perhaps I need more java......Can't wait to browse the pics tho!
am I missing how to do this?
jeannie

Jeannie, do you have Kodak Easy Share on your computer? I had to sign in this morning too. My e-mail and my usual password is all I needed. Let me know and I'll find another way to do this... man. :)

V

Status
Not open for further replies.