Wes Berry Intro

Big Ted- It's WAAAY more than that. they flat out lie and say they have shops in towns that they clearly don't. Call me a 3rd grader all day long if you want, but they totally screw flower shops with their claims of "hand designed by OUR master florists...etc."

What we can learn from Wes is how to make money by flat out lying. I'm never going to lie to make money.

Ted, I must say, I'm surprised this does not piss you off... http://www.wesleyberryflowers.com/flowers_anaheim_CA.html

And the only thing I could learn from him, is how to be deceitful... no thanks... I too hope he comes back, but I doubt he will... he likes to hide behind fake locations...

Ted, I must say, I'm surprised this does not piss you off... http://www.wesleyberryflowers.com/flowers_anaheim_CA.html

And the only thing I could learn from him, is how to be deceitful... no thanks... I too hope he comes back, but I doubt he will... he likes to hide behind fake locations...

Hang on a minute, Mark.

Taken from your facebook post four hours ago..."Judge not, lest ye be judged :~"

Keep your friends close, and your enemies even closer.

To say that there is nothing to be learned from Wesley is awfully presumptuous...but hey, it's just my opinion...

Wow, Ted.

I've gone back and looked at my response, I honestly don't see where it could be construed as written by a third grader having a temper tantrum. I would VERY MUCH like to have a couple of conversations with this company as would many others on this board AND off.

I am fully aware that this company, and bloomstoady just to name two, are real brick and mortar shops, making excellent money. I know that they are masters at marketing.

They are also masters at deceiving the consumer. There is nothing about their business model that I would care to try emulating.

I invited them, (sorta) to become full pro members. There are plenty of things that they do that interest me and although I certainly would not be sitting at their feet hanging on every morsel, there is a lot to be learned.

Quite possibly, there is something that we could teach them, too.

Then we could all sit around and sing Kumbaya together.

Wow, Ted.

I've gone back and looked at my response, I honestly don't see where it could be construed as written by a third grader having a temper tantrum. I would VERY MUCH like to have a couple of conversations with this company as would many others on this board AND off.

I am fully aware that this company, and bloomstoady just to name two, are real brick and mortar shops, making excellent money. I know that they are masters at marketing.

They are also masters at deceiving the consumer. There is nothing about their business model that I would care to try emulating.I invited them, (sorta) to become full pro members. There are plenty of things that they do that interest me and although I certainly would not be sitting at their feet hanging on every morsel, there is a lot to be learned.

Quite possibly, there is something that we could teach them, too.

Then we could all sit around and sing Kumbaya together.

Pure foolishness.

It's not foolishness. It's opinion based in experience.

V

I'm not sure why anyone should think we are childish in our reactions to a clearly unethical business that continues to advertise as a local florist in our small towns. It astounds me that it's legal to lie to consumers. I won't apologise for having ethics, and distain for those who don't.

If the real Wesley ventures back here, I hope he sticks around long enough to whether the storm and create a good discussion.

That won't happen if we keep greeting new applicants with a barrage of machine gun fire before they get through the door!!!

I would never try to learn anything from a florist that gets 100 or so negative complaints at the BBB every year and has thousands of negative reviews online. That is not someone I would take advice from. Give me a break.
You can always learn what not to do!

Okay.

I stand corrected in this one aspect.

I could have made the suggestion to become a pro-member in a more welcoming manner. I made it clear that I had a less than positive opinion of this company and acted like a bully. I apologize.

I honestly would welcome these companies on this forum, I would love to hear what they would share.

Although I have a character flaw that refutes rapacious greed, not all are of the same opinion. I also find fresh tomatoes repulsive.....just an opinion.

Reactions: Victoria
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya

Someone's singing Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbayah

Someone's laughing, Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya

Someone's crying, Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya

Someone's praying, Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya

Someone's sleeping, Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya

I don't need to jump off a cliff in to a pit of vipers to learn it's a bad choice.

Most people here, who have a negative view of Wesley Berry comes from either experience or research. They already have learned what doesn't fit in their world.

V

People get respect when they show respect.

For 4 years running, I have sent emails to two of WB's sites telling them to remove my shop's name from the Anaheim pages. In both cases, our shop is still listed as one of their 'Master Florists'.

His company obviously has zero respect of and zero respect for the many other florists whose names they've used - without persmission - to gather orders.

I've learned all I need to know about how they gather orders and if anyone is interested, you can search here at FC to read how they do it - since I've written about the methods on numerous occasions.

Read what consumers have to say, too:

Complaints Board

Flower Complaint

Yelp

Sadly, what 'not to do' gains far more (very profitable) rebate dollars than honestly 'doing the do'.

The rewards dangled before the faithful make some of the formerly well-respected florists compromise - to the point of justifying the most consumer-unfriendly selling methods as 'OK' - and eventually resulting in folks-choosing-something-else-than-flowers since our industry is so unreliable.

One other thing... some will say that I continually rehash/bash wire services and order gatherers... and while that's true, it is not simply for the pleasure I take in that game... but more importantly the FACT that EVERY day there are new visitors to the FlowerChat Community, many that are unaware of the games being played out against them by the very companies they *may* be looking to to help them...

Many have no clue as to how the *real* game works, and I feel they have the right to know. Guess that's our job to inform...