Status
Not open for further replies.

thebloomcloset

Aug 13, 2005
Martinez
www.thebloomcloset.com
State / Prov
GA
What would you charge for this arrangement?
Full Couch Spray...

6 stems heather
12 stems larkpur
4 stems lilies
26 red roses
6 purple stock
7 ruscus
4 salal
7 ti leaves
1 triple saddle

After a few responses I will explain.....

Attachments

• 34952_ENV.jpe
    34952_ENV.jpe
    20.1 KB · Views: 163
About $275-$300.

I know there is confusion in the TF book with pricing on this, mixed up with another item. We've had that issue here before .....at least in our disc it's mixed up.

Those are my calculations to. It would run right around $300.

I didn't look at what the others said before I figured it up, I was glad to see that I was right on target with what a few of you answered. I always wonder if I am pricing things correctly. Curious what some others will say.

I've done this spray, we charged and received, $350.00.

V

I just costed it out with 30 pct labor and I came up with $332.86. So I could easily sell it for $275-$350. I figured about $233 in retail priced flowers.

Time to make it 20 minutes.

Joe

spray price

We would charge between $100 - $150, but to be honest we wouldn't make a piece that skimpy.

Sorry, but you asked,
RC

What is your point? You would make a fuller spray or you can under cut everyone's price? Sorry I don't understand your post. Last I looked no body gives these flowers for free. Triple saddle,26 roses you say, star's too. Draw me a picture, I don't get it.

What is your point? You would make a fuller spray or you can under cut everyone's price? Sorry I don't understand your post. Last I looked no body gives these flowers for free. Triple saddle,26 roses you say, star's too. Draw me a picture, I don't get it.

I know you don't get it. I wasn't trying to make a point or give advice. You wouldn't listen anyway.

I was simply answering the question and making the comment we would never make anything that skimpy. Ours would be fuller, over 5 feet long, and not one sided.

This isn't my thread so let's move on,
RC

Reactions: 1 person
I know you don't get it. I wasn't trying to make a point or give advice. You wouldn't listen anyway.

I was simply answering the question and making the comment we would never make anything that skimpy. Ours would be fuller, over 5 feet long, and not one sided.

This isn't my thread so let's move on,
RC

I was somewhat taken aback by your price quote as well. To be honest I don't know how it can be done for that price... even if it is one sided.

I'm not being snippy or expecting snippy, just wondering how it can be done for $100.00.

V

Victoria, my point too. You read what I was told! Guess I don't understand. What ever!!!

If I use a set-up for a triple saddle of $35 which I think is a bit high I price out at $250. But I too must be honest, we would use a double saddle to save cost and the recipe just doesn't seem to be enough for a full couch. The picture shows 10 open lilies, hard to get that many at the right stage from 4 stems and even if you did, there would be none for the back.

We have that same spray on our website for $315 and that would cover the additional flowers needed to make it.

I was somewhat taken aback by your price quote as well. To be honest I don't know how it can be done for that price... even if it is one sided.
V
I'd do it for about $200.00, not one sided.

RC's buying allows him extremely competitive pricing. Pricing, only available to perhaps 10-20 shops across the US...not including chains...his volume dictates his pricing...

Funny how folks read stuff...knowing RC and some about his gig, I did not take it the way some did...

I'm not being snippy or expecting snippy, just wondering how it can be done for $100.00.

V

Victoria,

AS long as my COGS are $30 or under that spray could be made comfortably for $100.

I could easily price it at $350 too but would not use the number of flowers listed.

As NCPat48 points out the picture doesn't match the recipe. It doesn't seem you could even cover the mechanics with that list of flowers and greens. If there are only four stems of stargazers the blooms must be water tubed. I don't know about the rest of you, but we have never made a one sided spray. Even if we did we would make sure it was at least finished in the back.

I think florists should throw away either the recipe book, the guide or both. They are misleading.

I hope that wasn't snippy :)

RC

I price it out at right around 250.00....for my costs

Wow, RC that must be some buying power you have...

I have said before volume is where the money is made, between buying power and delivery as a profit center, plus being able to keep all staff busy all day, winning combo...I understand where he is coming from although, I did think that the skimpy remark was a bit of baiting for the record. If it wasn't I read that wrong.

Edit- I just went to my website to look this up and it is priced at 315.00 which is good because most florists do not have that many open lilies around and would need to use more. The tf pricing cd has it priced out at 280.00 and that includes a 25% labor charge.
So now I am curious as to what the issue is...

Status
Not open for further replies.