For businesses that have an online presence, the blog is an integral component. It helps boost SEO value, can involve link building, and it can provide valuable content for readers and customers, helping to aid sales. Business tips that emphasize the importance of the blog are on the right track.
However, there are some notable mistakes that can severely undermine your time. Seven of the worst business blogging mistakes are outlined by Bill Faeth:
- Not Blogging On Your Domain: Some businesses don’t host their blog on the website, which can eliminate the SEO value of the blog. It can also look unprofessional.
- Frequency: Faeth argues that blogging regularly is an important element of business bogging. Even once or twice a week isn’t bad. Just be consistent.
- Not Optimizing for Search: Take your keywords into account when writing posts and titles. After all, this is a big advantage of having a blog.
- Over-Optimizing for Search: New changes to Google are changing previously-held practices. Keyword stuffing can bring heavy penalties.
- Not Leveraging Social Media: Make sure your Twitter and Facebook followers are aware of your blog. These networks can be valuable for promoting blog content and creating viral word-of-mouth, as well.
- Call-to-Action Buttons: Including these can help convert readers into buyers – or subscribers. Add an artistic button to capitalize on great content.
- Ignoring Analytics: Track inbound sources and traffic numbers, says Faeth, to help you gain insight into how you can improve your ROI.
These tips can certainly help you transform your blog into a better overall tool for your business. Contact us to learn more about leveraging your blog and capitalizing on marketing opportunities.
PS – FlowerChat PRO members can benefit from our extensive guides on using your Blog As Your Social Media Home Base, and the Florist Blogging Strategy Guide, available from the PRO Downloads section of FlowerChat.com. New members enjoy one month of free PRO access.