Announcement Change Is Here!

Tracy, firstly Ryan has lined up a designer who we dont know but as far as i can tell has an excellent reputation to come on and give us tips etc.. He is CHR's husband. Also i do think that the threads will be more open and honest and I also think people will be more inclined to offer up real ideas as lurkers etc will have gone. I know I will be more inclined to.

Check out Phil Rullada... he's an icon... not just a designer. ;)

Tracy. Take a mo to read Ryan's intro to the changes. There is much in store here.

I do hope you decide to join in. I do believe there is quarterly payment schedule available as well.

V

Reactions: CHR
To my knowledge, Phil Rulloda is the most decorated floral designer and educator in the world. Add to that our Social Media consultant Jennifer Laycock (first article here), and sales & efficiency expert Tim Huckabee (Floral Strategies - he's trained in flower shops on several continents) and we have a pretty good start.

We're also planning to do some SEO / web design webinars, giveaways (like the $100 USD AdWords coupons), and a few other perks that are still in development.

Basically, implementing advice from any one submission from any of our experts should earn back the subscription fee. The rest is gravy. :)

Hope that helps!

Reactions: goodie and Victoria
I have heard of Tim Huckabee through other forums but as far as I am aware Phil's name is not widely known amongst florists in the Uk which is why i explained to Tracy who he was. Our famous designers include Jane Packer, Neil Whittaker, Ian Lloyd. Other people who i am made aware of in the Uk are more european designers who come over to do demonstrations and workshops including Life 3.

Reactions: Victoria
Love Jane :)

V

Reactions: Palms
Neil is an amazing designer.......I had the priveledge of watching Neil Whitaker and Brad Harnish present a wedding bouquet program for AIFD in either New York or St. Louis ( can't recall which one off top of my head ) and was enthralled and amazed at the intricacy and creativity of his work. Incredible designer.

Paula, Tracy, and others in the UK. Trust me on this one......as amazing as Neil is.........Cathy's husband Phil is just as amazing if not more so. Of course, our own Cathy is just as talented and amazing a designer as her husband is.........and BOTH are incredibly knowledgeable business people. In fact, if memory serves me right, at one time they owned 20 plus shops as well as two schools.

Palms, here's a video of Phil making a simple tropical arrangement

[video=youtube;7Maz8cvnFZ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Maz8cvnFZ8[/video]

and a little bit about his background.

Rick - Phil and his family operated 12 stores at one time in the Phoenix metro area. They sold all the shops and he planned to retire when he was 40, which is when I met him. So much for that plan.... :) Once Rosie (our daughter) was born, he decided he no longer wanted to be gone weeks at a time to his Phoenix school location so all the classes were combined here in CA.

I also want to mention that he is first and foremost a businessman, so expect contributions from him that will help improve shop's bottom lines.

When I took an advanced floral design course back in 2005, my teacher, Janice Mest, AIFD, showed us several of Phil's videos to help familiarize us with advanced techniques in tropical design work. She really raved about Phil and considered him the finest instructor bar none.

Gerry Toh AIFD showed us a similar design when he did a presentation for us a while back at one of our conventions and he used a stem twisting technique that made a loop, much like the rolled and pierced Ti Leaf technique that Phil shows in the video.

I had the honor to take a 3 day class with Phil a few years ago. I was called by Pam Rolland (a fine designer too) and was told his class was coming and it was a once in a life time lesson. It was mind blowing !!! I learn so much in those 3 days. Phil is a wonderful teacher of design and life. A week or so after his class I received a hand written letter of a poem he spoke of in class.I treasure my signed book and disk on design of tropical flowers.

Reactions: CHR and Connie
I too was at that class. Phil somehow convinced Pam to show a bit of her national symposium program. In fact, a funny little story came out of that class.....and a then pissed off Mama.

Mom and dad were staying at a local hotel while I took the class.....Well, the last night of the class, We all went out to dinner....Phil, Pam, and the entire class. However, I had forgotten that Mom and Dad wanted to have a nice dinner out as well to celebrate my completion of the course. Eventually Mom forgave me, but When I got back in to the room, Mama was not happy that I missed dinner with her and dad to have dinner with Phil.

Reactions: Connie
I was in that class too.. My first encounter with Phil was at Southern Retail in Charlotte several years before that class. It was also the first time I'd ever seen tropicals used on such a grand scale. Being a hand weaver, I was particularly fascinated by his birds. As my mom and I stood looking closely at a bird in one of his designs, he walked up to us and began chatting. When he saw my interest in the bird design, he immediately gave me a mini class in how it was made. He also brought me one of his books, which he autographed. It remains one of my favorite possessions. He is a great teacher, gentleman, and an inspiration.

Pam Rowland, BTW, is also AIFD. She's a great and generous teacher also.

Reactions: CHR and elmo
Well we're ten days into February, and things have settled into a VERY nice rhythm around these parts. The FlowerChat NATION is alive, well and strong. New ideas are being presented, bantered about and fulfilled. New members continue to find us through several different methods. Wire services are still being bashed at will. And Doug and I still disagree on most things, but the important ones not so much, but we're friends... I think ;)

I would personally like to, and I think the whole Admin Team, Avatarless Jim included, to THANK YOU for sticking with us through those turbulent few weeks, and a sincere WELCOME to any new members I have yet to be in contact with. You are each appreciated very much.

It is my humble honor to serve on the team here. Most of you will never know to what degree. I am thankful for their friendship and support, both morally, technically, and in prayer. Webmistress Cathy for her tenacity in everything floral. Mikey, my mentor, thank you sir. Jim for your ever available fingers on the keyboards. And Ryan my young friend. You are so wise in many areas in which I lack, thank you for your words.

Welcome all to the NEW FlowerChat. We're the same NATION we were before, only better.