Cool Flower Shop Websites

Interesting - first time I've seen leather wrapped hand-ties.

How ........ San Francisco?

But how do you buy anything there? Or is this just art for art's sake?

Not that that's a bad thing at all.

I just found this thread and skimmed through it! Now I'm going to have to spend hours looking at all these websites.... As far as flash goes, I use flash on my website, I did not play alot for it, it's fairly simple, and I think that most customers that are looking for flowers are looking at work (where they have broadband) or at home where I'm just guessing that most of them do not use dial up. Even my mother, who barely looks at anything, has DSl for only $24 a month. I guess it depends who you are marketing too.

Check out www.squarerootdesigns.com It is a flash site. I wanted to buy something from them even before seeing their work.

I just found this thread and skimmed through it! Now I'm going to have to spend hours looking at all these websites.... As far as flash goes, I use flash on my website, I did not play alot for it, it's fairly simple, and I think that most customers that are looking for flowers are looking at work (where they have broadband) or at home where I'm just guessing that most of them do not use dial up. Even my mother, who barely looks at anything, has DSl for only $24 a month. I guess it depends who you are marketing too.

Check out www.squarerootdesigns.com It is a flash site. I wanted to buy something from them even before seeing their work.

Flash may be alright for HIGH end stuff, but if I was going to order a $50. to $75. piece of flowers for a birthday, anniversary, etc. I sure would not even look at the site you mentioned or your site for that matter......I just want to see some images no muss no fuss just show me the images and a shopping cart......quick and painless.

And yes I have DSL so it's quick but still way toooooo slow with way tooooo much glitz for me.........but then again I hate shopping at the best of times!!

Reactions: 1 person
OK...I'll stick my neck out

If some of you have the time, I would appreciate you have a look at the site I built for my sister....It certainly is not a cookie cutter...but I would love to get opinions on what it needs ...to be improved. I am not a florist nor a web site designer....all honest opinions (good, bad, or ugly) will be appreciated. here's the site:

http://www.deannastexasblooms.com

thanks...and if you see anything you like about the site...I'll be happy to share how I did it or where I got it (in case I accidently stold the idea). And if you see anything that stinks....I'll start trying to figure out how to fix it.

remember the words of Grandma Roberts who said, "Mikey, if you're not cheatin', you're hardly trying.

Thanks for your help....

all the best

I state it bluntly - flash is nothing but flashy and quite useless for floral sites, except for "Floral Design Studios" - but not everyday florists.

Pretty but useless.....

I want the budgets they get. Geez their wedding pics are gorgeous, there were about 100 + gloriosa flowers around that ONE table. How nice it is to have a little spare change!!

Wow - stunning!

The Jacob Maarse page is stunning! Thanks! :~)

I'm staring this thread as a place to add links of cool flower shop sites I've run across. Please feel free to add to it.

With all the sameness, it's great to see some shops that feature their own artistry and services.

http://www.bugus4flowers.com/ - Cute, clever site featuring local services of a Twin Cities area shop.

http://www.jacobmaarse.com/ Clean and gorgeous. Arrangements are displayed by style, not by occasion. Check out the Ordering area where they actually tell you if your order will be delivered by them or someone else. I like it!

http://www.podestabaldocchi.com/ Impressive (and believe it or not, it's actually a custom Teleflora template-based site.)

That's it for now.....

I clicked on their United States catagory...I am wondering who they are going to get to deliver something like this over here?; http://global.fleurconnection.com/detail/840/10/0000094578.html

Good question, Damien Koh AIFD is affliated with this site. He is usually at AIFD National. If One of us AIFD members make it to Chicago, We might can ask him about some of the more unusual offerings and difficulty of availabilty in the US.

Ryan, good point about Joe's site - although it's more likely a word-of-mouth destination based on his reputation.

--------------------------

I happened across this New York florist, Bloom, after they were mentioned in a fashion blog. The look and feel of the site is as couture as the designs.

Gorgeous, lush arrangements with price points to envy. Their shopping cart limits customers to the tri-state area they service. Next-day delivery outside of Manhattan is $30.

No offer to handle out-of-area orders so it appears they're not concerned about losing customers if they don't promote 'national delivery'.