Curiouser and curiouser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victoria

Oct 31, 2002
London
State / Prov
Ontario
How odd... this morning or maybe even last night, my rep points were at 99. Now they are at 96. I haven't had any red dots. Has anyone else had the same thing happen?

V

Reactions: 3 people
How odd... this morning or maybe even last night, my rep points were at 99. Now they are at 96. I haven't had any red dots. Has anyone else had the same thing happen?

V

I think it's one of those periodic updates to the reputation system formula. We all dropped, except the admins, they went up.

Reactions: 2 people

V

I sure hope Mike at FTD didn't get them lol

I'm really sorry, I just can't help myself lol

Thanks Darell... wish they'd quit monkeying with them. ;)

V

Hugh, I'm not sure what Mike would do if he did get them... he may sell them on KIJIJI. ;)

V

I don't know that I'll ever understand the reasoning behind it...

V

Reactions: 1 person
I never really understood the whole dot thing. I have been a member since 2002 and I have very few....but recently started to get them and I realized then that you get them when people think you know what you are talking about.....that just does not happen very often for me! lol

I think it's one of those periodic updates to the reputation system formula. We all dropped, except the admins, they went up.

Yes, it was a periodic update - just a minor adjustment, some up some down. Happens fairly frequently. Sometimes people notice and create multi-page threads, and sometimes people talk about flowers & marketing & the latest evil wire service rumour ;)

Ryan

lol

Me neither

I don't know that I'll ever understand the reasoning behind it...

V

I don't understand it either but I do know that I LURVE that warm fuzzy feeling I get when I see I've got one.
C

Yes, it was a periodic update - just a minor adjustment, some up some down. Happens fairly frequently. Sometimes people notice and create multi-page threads, and sometimes people talk about flowers & marketing & the latest evil wire service rumour ;)
Ryan
lol

Come on Ryan, tell the truth. You got up on Sunday with a hangover and decided to play with people's minds.

Ryan

lol

I'm one who notices things... sorry about that. :)

V

Well it appears that now takes more green dots to raise a rep now than it did before but this does not appear to affect the admins rep.IMHO, I do not think Admins really need TO HAVE REPS...THEY ARE ADMINS FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD and it places them in a "fair game" position when everyone knows that as an admin of any forum , Admins , if they so chose, can manipulate whatever they want...this is not to imply that FC Admins do, but that they really should not have "reps" ...THEY ALREADY HAVE IT BY BEING AN ADMIN....lol

There is way too much discussion over reps, too much use of red dots as retaliation for a post that may not be a "concensus" post and so on. It diminishes the value of FlowerChat.
What ever happened to this forum being a "place of learning"? As of late, some posts have become snarly, vindictive,and sometimes downright rude. I think the use of red dotting folks is going to cost us the lost of membership and is totally being abused. JMHO which on any given day may or may not be worth two cents
Sher

Just posting so this can go to a third page, just for Ryan.

:blowkiss:

Reactions: 2 people
Can you explain why you wanted the thread moved to the third page for Ryan....what am I missing?
TIA
Sher
Just cuz he was complaining that we were complaining. Kind of a neener neener thing. Alas, we didn't have enough posts. Maybe this one will send him over the edge :poke:
Dang, still not enough to make the third page. Ah well, next time we'll gripe more.

Status
Not open for further replies.