Announcement FlowerChat Upgraded Membership

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okie dokie Ryan - Done and done.

Reactions: theRKF
I never thought I would see the day where FC would promote Wire Services like 800 flowers or the others for money or anything else .
I think it is despicable to advertize for these companies on Flower Chat.:puke:
Wire Services win again and I am out of here.:kloguck:
I quit Flower Chat and you all have a great time.
Ryan all you had to do is ask all the members for a minimal donation (which I gave in the past) and not give in and advertize for the WS.
God bless you all, it was fun while it lasted. :jester

I never thought I would see the day where FC would promote Wire Services like 800 flowers or the others for money or anything else .
Ryan all you had to do is ask all the members for a minimal donation (which I gave in the past) and not give in and advertize for the WS.
Hollywood, I haven't seen your smiling face around here in a while :)

I guess you missed the previous announcements about the ads? The part about how it's an experiment? About how we're playing with the filter lists?

I do appreciate your kind works, however.

Cheers!

Dude, don't be so angry! What's the big deal, after all, most on this board are real florists anyway, so it's not like FC is helping the WS and OG's get more orders...

What do you think, we are all going to click on their ads and buy flowers instead of using a local florist?! DUH! Think about what you are saying next time-

Find something else to complain about, please!:argue:

I guess I missed the announcements about the EXPERIMENT.........I miss a lot of things.
Advertising....... no problem, needing money.......no problem.
There are enough people @ FC to sustain the site.
The ones who can will donate the others wish they could.
Advertising for people or organizations that work against the "FLORISTS" NO, NEVER,I don't care how much they can pay and they can pay a lot , some of this money WAS mine, not anymore.
You see we have cancelled all our advertisings in the telephone books for the same reason,
WS and OG have the largest part of the floral section, and it's a waste of money. A fight without hope of winning, so we graciously bow out.
I should not be the only one upset after seeing this "Experiment"
I thought as always I would speak my mind.
I like you Ryan and I told you several times "how GREAT I think you are doing", How GREAT Flower Chat is for us, I also know you are a real florist plus a computer GENIUS, that is why I could not understand the reasons behind this move even for "An experiment"
There are many things I would not do for money.....it makes me feel better.....FREER.
God bless Man, you and your loving family.
Henry Hollywood

Yup - that's it. Sold out our integrity for the $0.06 AdSense brought in on Sunday ... or the whopping $0.88 on Monday.

Sigh ... Go, enjoy life, Henry. Be who you be.

PS: I like you too BOSS. Although I feel you upset .....reading your Email.
I sent money thru Paypal it was not much but it WAS something. Some of us can do more some wish they could and some just can't.
As long as removing me from FC do what you must. I would like to stay if the WS do not advertise on FC.
Whatever you and the Gang feel like doing is cool with me.
God bless you too Spirit Man.
Henry/Hollywood :jester

sheesh.... I just squint my eyes and that blue underlined stuff just fades into the background so I can concentrate on the important stuff. Oh well..................::::: sigh:::::

sheesh.... I just squint my eyes and that blue underlined stuff just fades into the background so I can concentrate on the important stuff. Oh well..................::::: sigh:::::

Yup, I like concentrating on the important stuff too.

And now I don't have to squint any more.

Paid my contribution, & voila...they're gone...no more "blue underlined stuff"!

lollollol

Reactions: theRKF
That's it... I'm looking for my credit card as we speak, or type, or squint, or cover our ears or... hel l, times awasting... be right back. :)

V

Okay... done. And I'm experiencing that warm and fuzzy feeling you mentioned Ryan. I'm thinking though, it's more than likely a hot flash. ;)

V

Reactions: theRKF and ivygreen
Then again...

...and surprisingly enough...

HE DID FIND THE ON SWITCH FOR HIS COMPUTER!!!

(it's a start...)

lollollol

Don't get cute with me now "Boy" I am pretty sure you can't afford it.
I have been watching you guys since a while..........had nothing to say, nothing.......kind of boring.
Hey boy......Call me Carrie Prejean if you want.
If you don't know who she is ask your wife or your boyfriend whoever it is you get your info from.
Politically correct is Bull@@@@ to me.
I call it the way I see it.......BOY.
Don't get me wrong , I am just amazed not angry.
Actually I think the whole thing is kind of funny.:jester
lollollollollollollol

There's the Henry we :hug:

And Henry... a little explanation. We are not advertising **for** the wires and OG's... we're pretty sure the members of the FlowerChat NATION are astute enough to figure it out and not click on ads they know will not be a benefit.

The program randomly pulls in ads for display, there are settings to allow and disallow various ads, it's brand new here, and tweaking is still in progress...

And like other things in life, it's not the size of your donation that counts but how you use it...we thank you, and trust you'll stick around.

To Spirit Man

Sir,
Thank you for your explanation, now I get it.
I did not have enough info (not an excuse) and I forgot what the Wise Man says: " Information is Power".
I apologize for my rowdy French reaction ( not an excuse ) by George I still have some French in me after all this time.
I don't believe it.
Another thing I have to say you are a kind Leader just like Ryan and I am proud to follow your leads.
You and the "Gang" made this "Flower Chat gig" a comfortable place to be and relax.
Thank you Spirit Man, thank you for your invitation to stick around.....
I will ........ :jester

So glad I ignored your previous libelous post, my friend!

To make an error in public is one thing...to apologize in public yet another.

Hooray for Hollywood!

You da man!

:argue::ghug:

I don't know alot about computers so forgive me in advance if this is a stupid observation.....

If the ads on flowerchat are "pay per click" AND the fact that there is NOBODY on flowerchat would order any product from the flower ads, then wouldn't it actually be beneficial to have them here? Meaning that 800flowers or whoever will have to pay for the "click" on their ad? Or is this an over simplification of the situation?

I don't know alot about computers so forgive me in advance if this is a stupid observation.....

If the ads on flowerchat are "pay per click" AND the fact that there is NOBODY on flowerchat would order any product from the flower ads, then wouldn't it actually be beneficial to have them here? Meaning that 800flowers or whoever will have to pay for the "click" on their ad? Or is this an over simplification of the situation?
Why not to click on OG AdSense ads:
- it's not ethical to be clicking on ads where you have no intention of purchasing, especially a competitor (for the purpose of costing them $$$)
- it's against the AdSense guidelines to encourage people to click on AdSense ads for the purpose of generating revenue
- if we all started clicking like mad, we would actually lower their bids by improving their quality score

Hope that helps :)

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.