Friggin ouch - dang this hurts today

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloomz

Nov 12, 2002
Corvalis
State / Prov
OR
I got t-boned this afternoon, bumper ran my left leg into my engine and broke both bonez. Tibial Plateau Fracture and broken fibia (sp?) Top of platform on my left shinbone is about 1/3 cracked off and moved down.

Never had a broken bone before - will have to have surgery some time next week, to screw the blanker back together - never been cut into before either. I wish they would have done it last nite and got it over with - hate anticipating a scalpel.

Came around a corner you couldn't see around 1 block from my house about 10 mph (circular loop st I live on) turned my head to wave at neighbor and as I turned back just a fash of red and LOUD noise. Smacked right into my engine guard and glance off it to my leg. Bike highsided - I think I jumped off it cuz I was standing at first then I told the people I wuz gonna lay down in the road cuz it hurt and I wanted to see if it got better in a few, but they wouldn't listen to me and called an ambulance (nuther first - ambulance ride). Ambulance driver asked if that was my wallet in my pocket and I told him no it was his - I'd picked his pocket.

Pipes scratched (but it maybe was time for new ones anyway - loud gets tiring) - one of my custom painted Xtreme revolution flamed turn signals and munched engine guard (case for engine guards - would have been way worse without it I'm sure. Seeing how munched it is today I realize it probably absorbed 80% of the impace, thank goodness. Bike didn't get much damage at all considering how dang loud the impact noise was. Crap I hate that noise.

Being in recovery - I know about the dangers but I must admit I got my head on my chest yesterday on 2 oxycodones which are about to wear off and it's throbbing again - not too bad when I sit still but if they move it I scream like a little gurl. Update (wrote last nite) I had one hellofatime getting off the couch last nite - my couch is too low to stand up on one leg and the wife was in bed at 3AM. As well as getting up in the night to drain was enough to make me want to borrow some of my little boy's diapers.

This sure forks up my summer plans - no riding and couple months with no weight on that leg, swimming will be out, and crapperz I only have so many summers left.

But still, no real coulda woulda shoulda regrets - my life is still very very very awesome and it's just a bump in the road, change in da planz...

Nothin but a thang........

rock on

Thanks for listening to me. :iwuvyou: This will be me for a bit now :sofa:

Nothing gets you down does it? Sucks about the bike...and your leg ;) Sending you lots of pain killers and warm thoughts. I am sure you will be back at it in no time! :)

Take it easy!!

Been there...done had that happen...

Well JB, at least you did not go up and say hello to the traffic lights like I did...

They tell me my limp is manly!

Hope you be OK my friend...call me when you can...

BOSS

Geeze louise! I'm sorry for your pain - the only accident I had (knock wood) was at 10mph, and pretty much dropped my bike on my leg. No broken bones, just scraped and bruised. Taught me to sit at home if I'm too tired to pay attention, even if it's a scorchingly gorgeous day for a ride. Or I can ride w/my hubby, but I'm not good at riding butch. :fdevil:

Hope your bones heal fast. Take care of you!

tracy

JB,

Ouch!! Sounds just awful. So sorry about your bike! You're funny posting on oxycodone. Be careful of those. I hope you feel better soon. Yikes.

Beth :~(

Holy c**p Jon...

You should be riding a truck, not a fr****n bike at "our advanced age"!:rolleyes:

Take care & don't rush it...it might feel better long before it really is.

...& bottom line...thank God you're gonna be O.K. in the long run!

Hugs from your northern neighbours Frank & Dale.

Like Doug I'm sending all kinds of good thoughts to you Jon. I'm so glad you are still with us. :)

V

Oh man oh man oh man Bloomzie! What are you doing? Last time Neal got into an accident on the bike he dented the back of the guy's Land Rover with his fist. They don't call Neal Saskwatch for nothing. LOL Didn't even get knocked down, but still suffering with a sore shoulder now and then four years later. I will say I'm so glad we have helmet laws or Neal would be dead two times over. His head (helmet) hit the Land Rover so hard there's no way if his head would have hit it that hard that he would have survived. The other time he was cut off by a guy driving a station wagon with no plates and he slammed into the cement and his head hit the pavement real hard.

So hope you're back on your feet and bike real soon Bloomzie! Time out now for developing new and innovative marketing plans OR NOT! LOL

Hey Man

Bloomzie, we ARE getting to old for some things. hell i slipped in the bath tub and there went the ole kneecap out of place. you talk about hurt. they i was so fat they had to send two abulance crews to pick me up. man thats embarrasing.
anyone old (grin) guy take care and hope to see you soon...

:headbang:

Hey Jonathon, as I said in my voicemail let me know whatcha need and I'll get it taken care of.

Aside from that, rest and heal and best wishes next week. Tell Glenda or Twila they're gonna have to get in touch with one of us and we can post how you're doin', ok? Twila has my email, she can keep me posted easily and Glenda will have more time to take care of ya!

Do let us know where you're having the surgery so we can send lots of tacky novelty arrangements.

OOOOoooo I looooove tacky! ;)

V

Good grief! Bloomz, what an awful thing to have happen! Keep us updated about your progress. May your healing be faster than anyone anticipates!

I love Cathy's suggestion for your flowers! LOL

How the heck can you even have the energy to type or to sound semi-coherent?

Glad you're gonna be OK. I'm sure the nurses and staff are in for an experience they'll never forget. ;) Do let us know where you're having the surgery so we can send lots of tacky novelty arrangements.

i second this... poor nurses..poor wife...poor sister.. Jon get well and take it easy on the girls 'cuz I'm bettin' you make a lousy patient
lots love to you

hey Bloomz -

Bones sure do get brittle as the years wear on... I bet your "down time" will lead to some productive thinking... can you come up with some thoughts to save the industry?? lol

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!....

Status
Not open for further replies.