Friggin ouch - dang this hurts today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey JB,

Thinking of you and wishing you well! You'll be back on the road soon...maybe you'll be up for trying a few new stunts?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3JDKn_4_0VU

Those were great but a bit out of my league with a 900 pound bike and a near 60 year old rider.

Wow! Especially that last wheelie at the end where he is hanging off the bike - never seen that before.

There's plenty of utube ones about wheelie and stoppie mishaps, trust me.

just an update - the day - Oct 1 finally came and I got to start walking yesterday, sort of.

Feel like my left leg is gonna collapse on me, but am putting weight on it for the first time in almost 4 months. Walking with 1 crutch for a week or so, cuz of the uncertainess that the leg is gonna do what I want it to do and go where I want to place it.

Final Physical Therapy appt tomorrow so they can show me what to do on my own. The pain level went from 0-1 last Monday to 4-5, some tell me it's the weather change. Now it's a different pain, and the leg is dead freaking tired. I guess I shouldn't have tried to go for that walk with my little boy last night.

I saw the x-rays yesterday (they gave me printouts) and dang - one of the screws right below the thick part of the tibia - sticks out of the other side at least 3/4 of an inch, and funny, that's right where the pain is primarily. Don't they measure before they run a screw all the way thru your bone? Two more of them down low stick maybe 1/4 inch, but knowing muscle wraps around there, I can't see how this is going to ever get comfortable.

If this was a carpentry job - I think I'd fire the carpenter.

Anyhow - it's a start on the road to recovery - I need to be in scuba diving shape in about 6 months.

And no - I won't be riding until spring - the bike is just way too heavy to hold up with this weakling leg.

One real problem is - I keep seeing this dang bug crawling on my screen but it must just be me.

Rock on, nothing but a thing and am I gonna live it to the fullest next summer.

Carpentry skills . . . .

one of the screws right below the thick part of the tibia - sticks out of the other side at least 3/4 of an inch, and funny, that's right where the pain is primarily. Don't they measure before they run a screw all the way thru your bone? Two more of them down low stick maybe 1/4 inch, but knowing muscle wraps around there, I can't see how this is going to ever get comfortable.

Imagine, a Dr. with Carpentry or Machinist skills. . . . .not usually.
A friend of mine owns a medical Implant manufacturing company. They manufacture Bone Screws. I helped him out for 5 months a couple years ago. The screws are usually made in incremental lengths of 10mm (3/8"). We also made dental implant screws.
My friend would get phone calls from surgeons in the middle of surgery asking questions about a certain screw installation.

He always had to remind them "righty tighty, lefty loosey". :thumbsup

Hope that bug goes away. I have another bug for you that I will post in jokes tomorrow.

Jon, since I have been through exactly what your going through right now... I just wanted to let you know it will get WORSE ;) especially when it gets cold and rainy outside....something to look forward to and give you fond memories of today:)

Talk to you later today.

BTW...you can get the bug if you use a pointy object.

Bloomz, do you now have to carry a special card for when you happen to go through a metal detector, such as in an airport?

Glad you're back on your feet!

Jon... ouch. But I'm glad you're around to feel.

And your bug is boring and bored... all he/she does is a serpentine. ;)

V

...for physical therapy maybe you could try to stomp that dang bug that keeps crawling on my screen.

..or rub Vick's vapor rub on your legs, you know Vick's cures everything!

Stay focused!

Twila, I'm not surprised you have an infestation. Jon is going buggy being sidelined somewhat, and is therefore driving you buggy too... hence the infestation. I send you a hug in support.

V :)

Feel like my left leg is gonna collapse on me, but am putting weight on it for the first time in almost 4 months. Walking with 1 crutch for a week or so, cuz of the uncertainess that the leg is gonna do what I want it to do and go where I want to place it.

I saw the x-rays yesterday (they gave me printouts) and dang - one of the screws right below the thick part of the tibia - sticks out of the other side at least 3/4 of an inch, and funny, that's right where the pain is primarily. Don't they measure before they run a screw all the way thru your bone? Two more of them down low stick maybe 1/4 inch, but knowing muscle wraps around there, I can't see how this is going to ever get comfortable.

If this was a carpentry job - I think I'd fire the carpenter.

Anyhow - it's a start on the road to recovery - I need to be in scuba diving shape in about 6 months.

And no - I won't be riding until spring - the bike is just way too heavy to hold up with this weakling leg.

Rock on, nothing but a thing and am I gonna live it to the fullest next summer.

Well I hadn't read about your wreck before ( hate to read that), but I can say I know where your coming from. It is a long road and you will make it!!! I had a tibia plateau fracture also, BUT It totally crushed the top of my tibia, so I have a plate that goes from one side of my leg to the other and then runs down the outside part of my left leg, I also have 8 screws holding it in place and I had to have a bone grapht ( sp?). I had my motorcycle wreck May 18, 2006. I was completely off of my leg for 3 months ( which drove me crazy). I can tell you that when it rains, it hurts, when it is cold it hurts and when you stand on it all day it definately feels like it's killing you!!! Wear the best shoes you can find and pace yourself since your just now back on your feet, also mine gives out on me sometimes ( I know everyone is different, this is just how mine feels). If you don't you will regret it later!!! Best of recovery to you and I hope you continue to do well!!!

Reactions: 1 person
The little bug gave me an instant of upset when I first noticed it today...then I realized it was only creeping around on bloomz space, so I put down the can of raid and decided it was very nice that he had a mascot

Well I hadn't read about your wreck before ( hate to read that), but I can say I know where your coming from. It is a long road and you will make it!!! I had a tibia plateau fracture also, BUT It totally crushed the top of my tibia, so I have a plate that goes from one side of my leg to the other and then runs down the outside part of my left leg, I also have 8 screws holding it in place and I had to have a bone grapht ( sp?). I had my motorcycle wreck May 18, 2006. I was completely off of my leg for 3 months ( which drove me crazy). I can tell you that when it rains, it hurts, when it is cold it hurts and when you stand on it all day it definately feels like it's killing you!!! Wear the best shoes you can find and pace yourself since your just now back on your feet, also mine gives out on me sometimes ( I know everyone is different, this is just how mine feels). If you don't you will regret it later!!! Best of recovery to you and I hope you continue to do well!!!

My fellow injured bike riding Sistah!

Great news - you mean this is gonna continue to hurt like this?

Luckily it never rains in Oregon I guess. :eek:

Did you have your hardware ever removed? I can't see how I'm going to be able to let that screw remain sticking into the muscle as far as it is.

My fellow injured bike riding Sistah!

Great news - you mean this is gonna continue to hurt like this?

Luckily it never rains in Oregon I guess. :eek:

Did you have your hardware ever removed? I can't see how I'm going to be able to let that screw remain sticking into the muscle as far as it is.

Well, the pain isn't as bad later on, but when they first let you walk on it and etc it is bad. It does easy up with time. BUT mine still aches quite abit, as I was saying changes in the weather, COLD, RAINING, and etc.

I have not had the hardware taken out. After I finally got on my feet from the Bike accident. I got pregnant, we lost Emily when I was 5 months pregnant. During all this time, Doc said my body had been in so much stress, mentally and physically, he did not want me to have surgery again. SO I still have all my hardware, LOL, it doesn't bother me as bad now, but it is aggrevating at times. I have to watch where I step and etc. I used to hike alot and be a real outdoors person. I have to watch what I do now, because the wrong move or the wrong step and etc, my leg gives me fits ( BUT I am a determined person and hopefully wil get to where I can do more things and not have to think about it ever time before I climb or etc)!!!! The doc and physical therapist both told me I walk alot better then they ever expected ( I still have a little limp), said it was the worst Tibia Plateau Facture they had ever seen. LOL, leave it up to me, NEVER HAD A BROKE bone in my life till then, doc said, well if your gonna do something looks like you gonna do it good!!!

LOL, I have been back on my bike once and on hubby's bike once. I LOVE riding!!!! Bike's heavy though ( it is an older bike, we bought them to see how well we liked riding before we spent alot of money on new ones, LOL) and I have to watch how much weight I have on my leg and etc.

Wow thanks for the tips - the Doc told me she didn't want me wearing the Crocs I was wearing - maybe will have to look at that but my foot has been too swolen to wear Birks I usually wear.

My bike too is very heavy, almost 900 pounds - it is a huge 1800CC monster, so it's gonna sit at least til spring before I even try holding it up.

Last night this sucker hurt like when I just came out of surgery - maybe I am pushing it too hard? Today pain level is about at 3+. (funny how you learn to rate these things) I tried a cane yesterday and am hoping I can use it instead of the 1 crutch for a while.

Nothing but a thing I guess...deal with it JB

Status
Not open for further replies.