Friggin ouch - dang this hurts today

Status
Not open for further replies.
JB's still in the hospital so FC decided to send him a bouquet of get well wishes - complete with a silly smile, amarathus hair-do and a few of those famous loose screws.

Hope he and the nursing staff got a good chuckle from the high art. :>
(And thanks to Twila for having a great sense of humor and creating this one-of-a-kind design for a one-of-a-kind guy.)

Attachments

• Bloomz1.jpg
    Bloomz1.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Bloomz2.jpg
    Bloomz2.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 33
Wazzup, Twila???

Jon's still in???

A very polite WTF?

...am starting to feel bad for Dale & I pressuring him to go back in!!

Love the arrangement, if only the "hair" would be white, not yellow!

Seriously tho...we need an update, please!

I sent his Dr. a PM and said that I needed some "time off" so please keep him in for a while...just kidding:>

The bone culture has produced nothing yet, but his dr. still thinks that is what the problem is. They have called for help to the Oregon Health Science College in Portland to figure it out. They put in a "Pick" for the IV antibiotics. I goes into the forearm over his shoulder and into his heart. After the terrible ordeal that he went thru getting the IV in the first nite, he was pretty nervous about getting that. But was pleasantly surprised that he felt nothing while it was being put in.

If nothing else produces with the cultures, as he says, "at least they took out that @*%$@* screw. And he kept it for the proof!

His spirits are pretty good, but he misses you guys and his computor something terrible. We THINK (like every other day) that he'll be going home today. Time will tell, I guess.

Thanks for caring so much-it means a lot to him

Reactions: 1 person
We can all chip in to get him a laptop if he can have it! I've been telling him for ages he needs one :)
(Or I can lend him one of mine!!)

Thank you for keeping us updated and I'm glad his Drs are finally figuring out there was an issue.

I knew it was quiet around here. I guess I was lost in space when this was all being talked about. Hopw you're feeling better soon. Hospitals suck....

You'll be back on here in no time..I'm sure of it....

Thanks for the updates Twila, and just keep telling JB that we are still missing him. Hope he gets back up and going soon!!!:thumbsup

Twila..tell Jon to get out of the hospital and go home... there was a big segment on the morning show about how dangerous hospitals are now with this new super bug... guess we wash our hands more at home than the doctors and nurses do in the hospitals.
Or send his wife to guard him and make everyone who comes near wash their hands...

My brother had a bypass a year ago and the site in his leg where they harvested one of the veins got infected.. He had to go back to have it cut open again.. then everything healed up fine.. tell Jon to do the same and heal up better this time.

Jon

I send into the Cosmic Mind thoughts that are directed to you that will work in harmony and conjuction with the Cosmic Conciousness in every cell of your body to help you return you Health, Wholeness, Harmony and Peace Profound.

May everyone else who needs healing also benefit from these thoughts.

Doug

Jon... sending love your way. And Twila... I too am a sister, so I send love and hugs your way too. I empathise completely.

V

I missed this whole update until now.

Jb, you did tell them leftie loosie and righty tighty when you went in the first time didn't you?

Hope you get well sooon!

joe

OK here's the problem as I could discern it.

On the motorcycle - it is very important that the nut that connects the handlebars with the seat is neither too loose nor too tight.

It must have been one or the other that fateful day.....

Thanks everybody for your kind wishes - it's great to have friends, many you've never even met and many I call close friends.

They opened up my knee completely - over 90 minutes of trying to get an IV in me and finally the dick anasthesiologist (sp? when) gassed me to sleep so he could brutalize me without me screaming and got one in me. More unpleasant than the whole deal. Yes I was screaming when he was gouging about in my foot with a needle that must have been the size of a harpoon.

Now as things have developed - the culture they took from my bone hasn't grown anything - and the internal doc told me he doesn't think I have bone infection (osteomelitis or something like that). But they are going to treat anyway for it, so with this PIC line I have in me - I brought home these little expandable douce bag looking things of antibiotics to plug into the line - 1 size of golf ball the other a hardball - 2 different ones each morning (at a cost of $165 each).

So I get 6 weeks of this, more pain meds for a while, and less than full effficiency I'm sure - laying in the recliner in my office.

I so appreciate all the good wishes and also well I came to and there's these flowers but something just didn't look right about these new flowers that had appeared - I look closer and wtf there are SCREWS in it on the end of chenile sticks? Well you're a bit slow when smashed on morphine I guess.....yes - took me a minute or four...the cute hippy sunflower with amaranthus hair deal - awesome and quite cute so thank you very much to the friends involved in that as well.

Ahhhh, another day in the life I guess.

Man I'm gonna have fun next summer, so this is all to prepare me for that.

Thanks guyz, luv to you all.

bloomzer

And love right back to you! What good news that you are home! We're hoping and praying that your recovery will be quick and easy.

Jon... I'm glad you're home... for there's no place, you get the idea.

I am well and truly sorry you are going through such a horrendous (character building) time. But I love the fact that you are looking beyond to next summer. That's the positivity that will carry you through. That and the love and support of your wonderful family and of course your friends, seen and unseen.

Hugs to you, carefully of course.

V

OK here's the problem as I could discern it.

90 minutes of trying to get an IV in me dick

anasthesiologist (sp? when) gassed me to sleep so he could brutalize me without me screaming and got one in me.

the culture they took from my bone hasn't grown anything -
bloomzer
Who loves ya man???

Hope you're still in one piece!

A bit more update: Looks like he is going to miss his concert tonight (Austrailian Pink Floyd). He has to stay another night. They want to wait and see if the culture has developed before they send him home. He didn't sleep much at all. But I guess because he was "loaded" with the pain meds, he went thru his phone list and called a few long lost friends late last night--maybe some of you got a call from him:spintongu?!

I guess that I'm going to see Pink Floyd tonight!

well, back to a crazy day--bosses day is a good one for us today!

Twila

Twila...you are angel, standing in for Jon at the Pink Floyd concert!!
We're gonna remind him, how lucky he IS to have a beeg sister like you!!
Thanks for the updates....gads, when Jon does something, he don't fool around...it's all or nuthin"!!

So I get 6 weeks of this, more pain meds for a while, and less than full effficiency I'm sure - laying in the recliner in my office.

bloomzer

as long as you're alive, and getting better, WE'LL take you laying down too!!
One step at a time man......

Status
Not open for further replies.