Friggin ouch - dang this hurts today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow thanks for the tips - the Doc told me she didn't want me wearing the Crocs I was wearing - maybe will have to look at that but my foot has been too swolen to wear Birks I usually wear.

My bike too is very heavy, almost 900 pounds - it is a huge 1800CC monster, so it's gonna sit at least til spring before I even try holding it up.

Last night this sucker hurt like when I just came out of surgery - maybe I am pushing it too hard? Today pain level is about at 3+. (funny how you learn to rate these things) I tried a cane yesterday and am hoping I can use it instead of the 1 crutch for a while.

Nothing but a thing I guess...deal with it JB

Yeah, I used to wear crocs or birks alot, but I don't anymore, seems they make my leg worse the days I tried wearing them. I wear Madison Studio's ( Belks department store carries these and Parisians) I have a big foot and then my left leg still swells, so about the only thing decent I could find to wear and still be comfortable.
LOL, my bike only weighs about 500 lbs BUT that is pretty heavy when you lay it down and trying to get it back up, LOL, it's a 750cc.
It's also for sale!!!

Here's a funny story about picking my bike up - it's fallen in the yard a few times and I have to get the neighbor to help me. Once at a stop sign I thought I was n first gear and was in 3rd and the wheel spun and it fell over. I looked back at this big moster truck behind me and gve them the puppy dog "could you help me?" eyes. No response. I looked again closer and there's a gorgeous girl at the wheel.

Guess what happened?

Gut sucked in - chest pumped out - and I picked it up!

Next day it happened in my yard and daanged if I could do it in my yard.

This darn leg keeps hurting more every day and I swear it has something to do with this:
xray.jpg

see them dang screws sticking out? Ouch - I swear that is most of the problem.

Yikes - I could have gone for the rest of my life without seeing that photo.
Makes me wince just thinking about it!

feel better,
tracy

Aww, that looks about like my x-rays, LOL, I am jealous they didn't give me a copy of mine!!!
But I have a beautiful scar ( NOT ), LOL!!
LOL, about your experience with the bike and the trucker, HEHEHE, that was too funny bloomz, LOL!!!
Fortunately the time I wrecked was the only time mine had to be picked up ( my bike), I tried picking it up but no luck, so my hubby picked it up then picked me up!!! Then they zoomed me away in the Ambulance. :eek:

Good news and bad news I guess - got a call this morning they did find an infection - good - they now know the cause of the pain and swelling...I guess

An hour later I get another call to be in surgery at 5:30.

I'm hyperventilating - not much notice.....

I hope they'll remove the dang offending screw while they're farting about in there.....

Yow!

I hope they'll remove the dang offending screw while they're farting about in there.....

Yow!
A little soon for that my friend... BTW, I just talked to your Doc, and advised him to tighten it 2.35 turns, that should make the pain unbearable for a day or two, then your leg will go numb and you won't even feel it anymore... He agreed....

I had 8-9 screws in mine Jon... they had to stay for about 9-10 months... but you're older than me, so maybe they'll take them out sooner ;)

A little soon for that my friend... BTW, I just talked to your Doc, and advised him to tighten it 2.35 turns, that should make the pain unbearable for a day or two, then your leg will go numb and you won't even feel it anymore... He agreed....

I had 8-9 screws in mine Jon... they had to stay for about 9-10 months... but you're older than me, so maybe they'll take them out sooner ;)
:boggles:they are making me keep my screws, ughhh, and I can tell ya what the weather is gonna be like in Bama, before the weather man can, LOL.
Bloomzie, you'll be fine!!!! Best of luck with the surgery!!!

Jonathon just called from the Dr's office. They plan to open his incission up completely and clean that area out. Evidently the bone has some kind of infection. He will stay in the hospital overnight-it isn't going to be done as an outpatient proceedure now.

Thought everyone would like the update.

Will let you know more when I know something else.

Twila... please send him all the good wishes we have for him... and a hug or several too.

V

Hope the surgery goes well for you, I'll keep you in my prayers! Just had a friend go through the same thing (t-bone accident too) about a month ago.She wound up with a port for antibiotics every day for a month, but the infection cleared and she's getting around without a walker and feeling much much better! (Still won't get on a bike with the hubby any time soon though).
Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 person
9:38pm... Just got off the phone with JB. After an excruciatingly long and painful time trying to get the IV in and threats to go in behind the collarbone, he was finally given gas (he awoke with an IV in). They opened him up the full length of the incission, didn't find any puss (thankfully) and "pressure washed" 3 litres of water. They took a bone culture to process or whatever it does in the next few days. He did get his wish, and they took out the anoying screw! The Dr. said something about having to be on antibiotics by IV for 6 weeks (details are a bit questionable at this time).

He thinks that he will be going home tomorrow, but who knows. I'm sure that he'll be back on FC before we know it.

thanks for all your good thoughts and prayers

Twila

More thoughts of healing from NJ.

be well,

tracy

What a turn of events! Please tell Jon that we are surely praying for him. He's quite a special guy to us!

Jon....Get Well Soon and.......

Jon,
I am glad they found out what was hurting you...and I hope they get it fixed soon. Sounds like you might be laid up a little while longer. Here's something you can think about while you are recovering....a demonstration on how to lift a heavy motorcycle.

http://f6rider.com/Articles2004/HowToRightaDumpedValk.htm

Get well soon.

Mike

A bit more update: Looks like he is going to miss his concert tonight (Austrailian Pink Floyd). He has to stay another night. They want to wait and see if the culture has developed before they send him home. He didn't sleep much at all. But I guess because he was "loaded" with the pain meds, he went thru his phone list and called a few long lost friends late last night--maybe some of you got a call from him:spintongu?!

I guess that I'm going to see Pink Floyd tonight!

well, back to a crazy day--bosses day is a good one for us today!

Twila

Thanks for updating us, Twila. I talked to him yesterday shortly after he found out he had to go in. He seemed pretty much in shock. Glad they're taking good care of him and finally treating it seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.