I want my old color back

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Clay...me too...but alas...progress is sometimes...

I'll survive with this new *cheerful* green, but I'd like all of the options of my old dull green please.

I want the golden goose, daddy, and I want it NOW!

-Veruca

Yuck...I'm having a hard time with this color this early in the morning. What can I do to change it back?

Here's the deal:

Each style or "skin" for FlowerChat is built on a nested series of hundreds of templates. Each feature or addition to FlowerChat requires modification to some of these templates.
Each upgrade to the core software of FlowerChat means these templates need to be re-edited.

The workload increases exponentially when you have multiple styles to maintain, and you run the risk of some styles having features that others don't - or security holes.

We announced a while ago that we would be phasing out the old style, and over 90% of FlowerChat users are already using the new style (have been since last fall).
We were going to remove the old style when we upgrade to vB 3.7, since there are many new features that our old style doesn't have templates for ... but the urgent security update this morning hastened us along. The prospect of examining 80 templates affected by the upgrade was too daunting.

Ryan

We understand Ryan...and we all thank you for your never ending devotion to FlowerChat...

Change is hard! But if we don't change, we become Florasaurs's! :soapbox:

We announced a while ago that we would be phasing out the old style, and over 90% of FlowerChat users are already using the new style (have been since last fall).

We were going to remove the old style when we upgrade to vB 3.7, since there are many new features that our old style doesn't have templates for ... but the urgent security update this morning hastened us along. The prospect of examining 80 templates affected by the upgrade was too daunting.

Yuck, I find these templates hard to read. Oh well...

Ok, so maybe it runs in the family? But that bright green on the section headers hurts. I think it's burning my retina.

I have nothing against this layout- I think its pretty slick. But couldn't you just duplicate the theme and make a couple edits to CSS, but essentially keep th theme the same so you don't have to rebuild it after every mod install/upgrade.
(plus the icons/buttons on this theme need some work :eek: )

One last thing, maybe I am just clueless or in the dark but what the heck is
forum_new.gif

A tree, pile of green golf balls, some broccoli? I've been staring at it all morning and I can't figure it out.

cheers

The green I'm seeing isn't as bright and neon as you're seeing. Maybe my monitor is just old.

I'll have to see if I can find the thread ... last fall we unveiled 3 new styles, and this was the clear winner.

It's not actually a neon green :) I'm wondering if monitor calibration is an issue?

Audra, I'm really sorry we had to lose the Black & Gold - I know you love the high contrast.

Jared, it's not quite that simple. Even when we were running 3 parallel versions of this theme in different colours we had to made template edits across all three because some of the images, etc, were different.

Ryan

Ryan

The green I'm seeing isn't as bright and neon as you're seeing. Maybe my monitor is just old.
Or it's just calibrated properly?

Or....maybe your retinas are already burned :boggles:

OK, maybe not a Pantone Neon Green....but just one number off:loopy:rolleyes:

Hey Ryan, I am just mess'in with ya.....I will get use to it!

One last thing, maybe I am just clueless or in the dark but what the heck is
forum_new.gif

cheers
Balloons?

Give it a few days...maybe we can get a blooming flower, that will wilt when there are no new posts...:rofl:

I love the green. :) It's one of my favourite happy colours.

V

I don't mind the lighter shades of the green on the bottom half, I find it harder for my eyes to deal with the brighter shade visually, it almost makes them hurt. It is easier to contrast against the soother pale shade rather than the louder green at the top I guess.

Maybe we're going PC and all becoming green freaks.

Embrace Mother Earth. Hug a Tree.

Sfox ain't gonna like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.