Official FlowerChat Order Gatherer Registry

TELEFLORA

Yesterday we had TF headquarters call us to place an order; they claimed they didn't know the name of the sending florist so we rejected it. They called back an hour later and since I answered the phone I explained to her that until we know who the order was from we wouldn't consider accepting it; lo and behold, she discovered that it came from their toll free number. WHAT I said, you mean a consumer called TF DIRECTLY and placed an order and she said YES! I explained to her that since TF is competing with it's members that we wouldn't fill it (no, we don't accept FTD.com orders either). She asked me did I want to be placed on some list to not receive such orders and I told her not to bother as effective Oct 31 we're out of TF!!!!!!!!!!! weeeeeeeeeeeeee

PS Since we put our notice in early Sep they signed up another shop (Ryan, Beachside) but I guess they couldn't fill it (I know she would if she could) because they called us back on another number we have that used to belong to another shop that closed here a year ago Labour Day but when we answered with our shop name they decided to hang up.

SEARS

Add Sears to your list FTD has the contract now... Have you heard TF wants florists to carry franklin mint for same day delivery ? Rumour or truth

Likely coming down the line soon, some Shops don't know Franklin Mint and Teleflora share a common owner. Could be more of a US issue, as Franklin Mint has retail locations in the US, perhaps they want to reduce costs and expand into each TF shop's location.

What's the story on Urbanflorist? I know they're on our OG list here but they are part of Vancouver Flower Co with a real shop and fill incoming orders? Should we have them on our list or not??

Reactions: 1 person
Came across myflowerworld.com in Ottawa tonight; apparently they've discovered "thousands of online flower shops in Newfoundland" and some other drivel...(direct quote from their site) "There are thousands of online flower shops in Newfoundland. Many of these flower shops make tall claims about same day flower delivery in Newfoundland! But often such promises made by the online flower shops turns out to be nothing more than promises that have been blown out of proportion. Welcome to My Flower World - one of those online flower shops in Newfoundland that makes sure that each order is treated in a special way!"
Ya, why would you, especially if you could order from a Newfoundland florist...IN OTTAWA ????!!!!!!!!!!!!

As per your "investigation"....

"urbanflorist" has been removed from the "registry", and myflowerworld.com has been added....it's only fair...IF a shop is a FULLY FUNCTIONING florist shop, and has a "gathering" site, we don't think that "qualifies" as an OG order stealer!!
Keep up the good work Rock!!
Mike

Re: As per your "investigation"....

Originally posted by Mikey the Flower Guy
"urbanflorist" has been removed from the "registry", and myflowerworld.com has been added....it's only fair...IF a shop is a FULLY FUNCTIONING florist shop, and has a "gathering" site, we don't think that "qualifies" as an OG order stealer!!
Keep up the good work Rock!!
Mike
Mike with that being said why is A Absolutely on the list ? Gary and Karl operate a 7 day a week full service operation.

That is why this is such a great site.....

it's people like yourself, who care enough about their fellow florist, to keep things up to date and as accurate as possible.
Thank you for the heads up...
Mike

Mikey,
I wasn't necessarily asking that Urbanflorist be removed but was questioning whether or not they should be on the list; I do believe that myflowerworld.com does belong there.
Unfortunately, there are so many online florists who are in grey areas, like Urban florist, that it's almost impossible to know anymore and many florists are giving up and gone back to filling anything that they can make money on (which I'm looking at with some exceptions), after all that's why we're here, isn't it?
Maybe we should be looking at this differently; maybe we should be looking at how Florists get the business. By that I mean, are Florists telling the consumer what town they're located in? Are Florists letting the consumer believe that they're getting one thing and have no intention of providing it? Is a Florist with a website, that promises delivery anywhere, an OG? Personally I don't think so. What about if they promise Free sending or free delivery when it's included in the price (so it reduces the value of the actual Floral gift received? Are they order gatherers? If we fill those orders what is that doing to our collective future as florists in the eyes of the consumer? As you may recall from a battle last year, I don't agree with sending an order to another florist knowing that they will deduct a delivery charge if I told the customer there was no delivery charge and that their 50.00 arrangement will not be a 44.00 arr with 6.00 going to delivery.
What do you think?

PS IMHO, there is nothing wrong with including the delivery in the price and saying "delivery charge included"..........etc.......

OG's

We took an order (in Bama) before realizing it, (resulting from someone finding our website) to be delivered to her neighbor in New Jersey. I think there is a florist with the same name in Jersey.
I guess we are an OG.

An OG is still an OG even if they have a real flower shop if they agressively market to areas outside their own delivery area with the intention of gathering the wire fee and sending fee to wire the order to another shop.

I seems pretty simple. Actually, it must be lucrative.

I'm with Bama on this one. If a shop is aggressively marketing an area that they do not physically deliver to, then in my book they are an OG.

J

Maybe Urban Florist makes it look like they live in Dundas, Elliot Lake, and Newfoundland.
THose sites I like to see on the list even if they have a flower shop. THat is deceptive to the people who really live in those towns.

You guys decide if Urban Florist belongs....

on the OG registry, and it will be re-instated if so requested!!
Mike

Mikey,
IMHO, Urban Florist and it's owner Vancouver Flower Company, belongs on the list. (Do they also own Artisan ?).
Received an order for FTD C17-6029 for 40.00 including delivery! ftd.com's price is 45.99 US DOLLARS! This is exactly what's wrong, one florist lowballing other florists to get the order and then expecting another to fill in at a loss! They're take inc ser chg and rebate would have been 20.00 and we would have lost on it. Needless to say they not getting their 20. bucks..............

Update re urbanflorist.com
I compared a number of their arr with Ftd.com and found their price (in C$ for delivery in Canada) the same as ftd.com's US$ price!!! So this means that if you receive one of their orders then you'll get say C$ 55.00 instead of C$ 74.25!!!!!!
I had the intended recipient of the order mentioned in the above post, drop in, wondering if we had received an order for her (Tues Nov 11 holiday) so I explained to her what urban sold her daughter and how the real value of this FTD arrangement was over 50% higher than we were given to fill it; and how much this OG would make compared to what we would lose. This lady was very understanding and just moved HERE from Calgary (that's the second time that happened, Tammy, our part time designer was the first) so she took our card to give to her daughter and SHE too is now a customer!!!! Thank you Urban Florist and Artisan Florist and Vancouver Flower Company, we really appreciate you're bungling this order just to add another customer to our database!!!!!!!!:tongue

Why isn't Simon Says Roses on the OG list??!!!!

Dang .. I thought they were!!

How'd we miss that?? (Figure's Mikey would be out of town)

Reactions: 1 person