Omg!!!!!! Omg!!!!!!!! Michael jackson died!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Carol. You said it far better than I could.

With respect.

V

Reactions: bloomz
Another fact that you might find interesting is: Michael Jackson was obsessed with J. M. Barrie (the man who wrote Peter Pan). J. M. Barrie was accussed many times in his life of being a child molester.

Do you see the connection between MJ life and his mentor J.M. Barrie? He even named his home after Barrie's thoughts.

Carol Bice

Reactions: bloomz
I think MJ's father sold him. MJ was probably child molested as well, not that that is any excuse to continue the cycle. I liked him fine when he was a little black kid in the Jackson 5. I don't love any celebrity, I don't know any.

I think MJ's father sold him. MJ was probably child molested as well, not that that is any excuse to continue the cycle. I liked him fine when he was a little black kid in the Jackson 5. I don't love any celebrity, I don't know any.

You may be right about his Father selling him. That certainly could have contributed to his problems. I am so sorry that someone didn't rescue him as a child and maybe all of this could have been prevented. I certainly don't hate him....but, can't afford to be naive about some things.

I think there were many things that happened in his life that contributed toward this and that is sad. Usually molesters have been molested themselves.

My thing is that I just hate to see people worshiping him when he is sending out the wrong messages. Just like the AIFD florist that I did several shows with.....I felt so bad for him, but, could not tolerate the reality of what was going on.

Carol Bice

Reactions: Victoria and bloomz
Another fact that you might find interesting is: Michael Jackson was obsessed with J. M. Barrie (the man who wrote Peter Pan). J. M. Barrie was accussed many times in his life of being a child molester.

Do you see the connection between MJ life and his mentor J.M. Barrie? He even named his home after Barrie's thoughts.

Carol Bice

He even made himself look like Peter Pan.

images

I would say circumstantial evidence points to his guilt. It's not impossible that he's innocent, but it's definitely improbable. I mean seriously, what would anyone think if their next door neighbor had a house full of candy and toys and was shuffling boys in and out for sleepovers? Just because MJ wrote great music and did great things, doesn't mean he is any different than anyone else that was accused of the same thing. Because of this, I don't have any problem with anyone having strong feelings against him. Just as I said the endless news coverage is just a reality we have to deal with, so is the backlash. It is what it is.

On the flip side, some say that he surrounds himself with toys, not to lure kids, but because he wants to re enact over and over again a time a period in his life that he missed and was cut short. He likes to spend time with children so he can live vicariously through them. Perhaps this is true, anything is possible.

He was willing to lose everything for his love of children. You'd think that after the first kid came out against him back in the early 90's, he would have learned his lesson of having sleepover slumber parties. After all the humiliating things he went through privately and publicly, he continued to put himself in a position of risk by continuing the very things that got him in serious trouble in the first place. This need to have children around him trumped any consequence that could come his way. Innocent or guilty, his actions were driven by an obsession.

Does anybody remember the original airing of the Martin Bashir interview that included the boy and his brother who later accused him of inappropriate behavior? I believe that footage only aired that one time and is not available anymore.

The fact of the matter is that everyone around the world recognizes his death. They are sad and will miss him.

Its a shame that people continue to talk about the bad things and try to mix it into their story of the good things. What a mind fu*ck. No consideration at all.

Our society enjoys watching people climb to the top and then come crashing down. Its played out everyday and the media decides who will stay in power and who will leave. The media cuts, edits and generates computer imagery to show the story.

Your opinions posted in this thread are inappropriate. If you wanted to give your opinions then you could of started your own thread called Michael Jackson Sucks. But no you had to play around with us just like the media does everyday. Does it make you feel good? Does it get you off or something?

Yea I'm pissed and I'm sure many here are as well.

Congratulations.

Reactions: shannonlovesflowers
Well, I respectfully disagree with the people who think he was a peodphile. I've been around child molesters as well. Several. And not cause I wanted to either. One was my step gradfather... He was a flat out child rapist.

I 100% agree that Michael Jackson was trying to make himself look like Peter Pan.
I figured that out in the early 90's.

I do think he was bizarre as bizarre can be. I just don't think he was a pedophile.
Yes, you would have thought he'd learn, and stop with the "I don't wanna grow up" crap.

As I've said, with the thousands of kids, there should be at least hundreds of boys saying Michael Jackson hurt me. there's not.

Also. I also don't always believe the "if it walks like a duck" mentality.
I'm a big woman, people naturally assume I'm lazy. I'm not.
My Dad has a friend who is probably the richest person I know. He wears shabby clothes, and when it comes time to buy new ones, he gets them at the thrift store. He lives in a crappy ran down trailer. Really- he looks like a scary hobo. But he's one of the kindest men I've ever known.

I think this will be my last post on MJ.

Reactions: LJVF
My thing is that I just hate to see people worshiping him when he is sending out the wrong messages.
Carol Bice

Especially when they are hugely popular roll models.

Our society enjoys watching people climb to the top and then come crashing down.

The media again becomes a convenient scapegoat. Do you really think the media drove the Grand Juries that indicted him?

This is what happens with roll models. And tens of thousands, or more, wanted to be just like him.

Would anyone want their son to try to be "just like Michael"? Would anyone expect their young child to be able to differentiate which behaviours to model and which to reject?

I think reality is more important than naive hurt feelings. I thank you all for speaking up, including Eric and Shannon.

sorry someone's feelings got hurt

not sorry for giving my opinion.:dunno:

The fact of the matter is that everyone around the world recognizes his death. They are sad and will miss him.

Its a shame that people continue to talk about the bad things and try to mix it into their story of the good things. What a mind fu*ck. No consideration at all.

Our society enjoys watching people climb to the top and then come crashing down. Its played out everyday and the media decides who will stay in power and who will leave. The media cuts, edits and generates computer imagery to show the story.

Your opinions posted in this thread are inappropriate. If you wanted to give your opinions then you could of started your own thread called Michael Jackson Sucks. But no you had to play around with us just like the media does everyday. Does it make you feel good? Does it get you off or something?

Yea I'm pissed and I'm sure many here are as well.

Congratulations.

Eric,

I remember watching Michael with the Jackson 5 with joy when I was a young kid. I vividly remember my mom taking me to the record store when I was in grade school to buy his "Off the Wall" album. I listened to that thing over and over again. I remember watching the Motown show when he first did the moonwalk, I couldn't believe my eyes. I remember eagerly anticipating all his videos from the "Thriller" and "Bad" albums. I remember secretly liking his music from the "Dangerous" album even though it was no longer "cool" to like Michael Jackson.

But I also remember watching and reading about all his bizarre actions. I remember all the questionable things he did. I remember all the accusations and all the circumstantial evidence. No matter how much I liked this guy, how could I not at least question and doubt him?

And herein lies the problem, he impacted so many in so many different ways. Some will deny the bad and only see the good. Some will only see the bad. Some, like me, are conflicted with the fond memories and bad memories. And the rest, don't give a darn.

With so many conflicting strong feelings, there will be many conflicting strong opinions and I'm ok with it.

As I've said, with the thousands of kids, there should be at least hundreds of boys saying Michael Jackson hurt me. there's not.

This is something I often wonder too. I know it only takes one, but it seems probability would have brought more out.

Reactions: shannonlovesflowers
There were, according to news reports, many other lawsuits (they were discussing his money woes)... they too were paid off.

I'm going to divulge a little something here. I raised four children two girls, two boys. One girl is Alana. The other children were "step" children.

The oldest girl came forward when she was in her early twenties to say my best friend's husband had molested her before I came on the scene.

Four other girls eventually came forward and it went to court. The incidences happened when these girls were little kids... 6 years to 10 years of age. They were victimized by a teacher/principal (some pal). He was not convicted. The judge didn't disbelieve the girls, but, here's the kicker, their memories were too muddy to be definitive proof.

So not all are convicted. Shannon you mentioned them taking pictures of Mr. Jackson's genetalia. I can guarantee you... not one of the children would be able to describe the object... just the act.

I believe someone mentioned that Mr. Jackson had a terrible childhood. I don't doubt that. However, that doesn't give anyone license to take away another child's innocence.

Alana suffered at the hands of her older step brother (he's now a medical doctor practicing in Toronto thanks to my hard work and efforts on his behalf... if I k new then...). I watched my beloved daughter fade into a fear-filled shell and I had no clue why. The agressors threaten you see. Her panic attacks were soul destroying and still I had no idea (there was a history of mental illness in my family and I thought it had skipped a generation). She had an abject terror of going to the doctor. Again, why? She would collapse on the floor writhing in pain for no apparent reason and she would beg me to make her "normal". How? We went to a psychiatrist who as it turned out had a religious bent and her tried to "save" her. Are you kidding me? He had no idea what it took to get her there and that's what he bloody does.

Finally the clues started falling in to place. She wrote a remarkable poem which I may share here someday. My blood turned to ice and my stomach to water when I read it. She looked at me and said, "Don't worry Mommy, it's not autobiographical". The paper received an A+ and I allowed myself to not believe what was blasting through my head.

She wanted to "protect" the new girl children of the perpetrator. I asked why? She just said, "Oh, you know what he's like... thinks he's the smartest on earth". She wouldn't brook any more conversation. But I think I knew then. All the changes in my dear Alana now made sense. But I couldn't pursue it. That had to be her victory.

Because I worked in Victim's Services I had access to many experts. I eventually sent the poem off without any names and asked their opinion. Several weeks later they confirmed my worst fears (mental illness would have been a gift). She had been sexually molested and almost certainly by a family member.

She eventually (years later after yet another broken relationship), confirmed what I had known for so long. She did tell her other siblings (step) and I sent a letter to her father. He forwarded the letter to the guility party. I have no idea how or if it affected him. I do know that eventually he will pay for destroying my daughter's childhood and damaging her adulthood.

She works hard every day to keep the wolves at bay. She hasn't had a panic attack for about 4 years now. She gets on planes (with terror in her heart), she has found a wonderful doctor who gets her, and she does everything she can to give herself the best life she can.

Some people think she travels to run away. I think she travels to grab some of the robbed childhood and adventures she missed. She'll not marry and she'll not have children... she has made that very clear. I respect her decision. She will see the world and share her pictures and her words and that's okay... at least she's moving towards her "normal".

V

This is great useful information.

Thanks for sharing in the thread that was started because some of us were shocked and sadden about Michael Jackson passing away.

Seriously any more great discussion about pedophiles please feel free to start a different thread.

Eric, I'm so sorry your sensibilities are offended. The thread changed long before I started participating so please send your vitriolic diatribe in another direction.

Kind regards.

Victoria

V, I am so touched that you choose to share your pain here with us. I know it takes alot to do that. Often, we don't walk a mile in someone elses shoes, so to speak, and do not understand why they feel the way they do.

Just like any other topic here we all have an opinion and a different pair of glasses to view the issue. This is just a really sensitve one for many of us. I think that as a society, we can learn much from each other that is often hidden away. So many sad, sad things.

I am often bothered by the constant coverage given to public figure's deaths and or personal matters. The gawking so to speak, when our every day heros are so quickly forgotten.

Was the performances great, dancing exciting, music exhilerating, sure, but it was not the measure of the true man. Enough said IMHO

On pedophiles: It's very relevant to the topic at hand - I guess one wouldn't really not how they would react until their loved one fell victim to them.

I don't know, but I know enough about criminals and criminality to make some fairly "educated" judgements. And I don't have to have a victim in my life to make those observations.

This duck sure quacked in no uncertain terms.

I could be wrong but I really really really really doubt it.

Stay tuned - I'd bet more stories of it will now be surfacing.

Reactions: Sher and Victoria
Status
Not open for further replies.