Order Gatherer Websites

Here is an Australian one - www.readyflowers.cvom.au

To my shame I was an enabler (I executed orders for them) until I realised just how badly they were ripping off their customers. I still have a website with them, even though I requested that it be closed at the beginning of December.

The people who maintain my other site are HOG's (although we get very few orders from them) and they just recently added the fair trading link at the bottom of my page dealing with those mentioned above. They put it there without asking or informing me, not sure how I feel about that - but anyway....

Those who are interested in fighting the DOG's might like to check this out: www.hangingbasketflorist.com.au (scroll down to the "consumers beware" box at the bottom and click on the link) and it is essential reading for the few other Aussies here.

Regards,

Todd.

Here is an Australian one - www.readyflowers.cvom.au

To my shame I was an enabler (I executed orders for them) until I realised just how badly they were ripping off their customers. I still have a website with them, even though I requested that it be closed at the beginning of December.

The people who maintain my other site are HOG's (although we get very few orders from them) and they just recently added the fair trading link at the bottom of my page dealing with those mentioned above. They put it there without asking or informing me, not sure how I feel about that - but anyway....

Those who are interested in fighting the DOG's might like to check this out: www.hangingbasketflorist.com.au (scroll down to the "consumers beware" box at the bottom and click on the link) and it is essential reading for the few other Aussies here.

Regards,

Todd.

I like the words "Hi-jacking" and "Hi-jacker" in the article. The game over here seems to be to Hi-jack orders intended for local area florists too. The number of players is proliferating and the thing is it's tough for the little guy to fight back. I guess the Big Boys don't realize that they're not just putting shops out of business; they're ruining people's lives. If they do know, they simply don't care. Ah, the human race....:wallhead:

I like the words "Hi-jacking" and "Hi-jacker" in the article. The game over here seems to be to Hi-jack orders intended for local area florists too. The number of players is proliferating and the thing is it's tough for the little guy to fight back. I guess the Big Boys don't realize that they're not just putting shops out of business; they're ruining people's lives. If they do know, they simply don't care. Ah, the human race....:wallhead:

Eventually the authorities will kill these practices. Not necessarily for us, but for the lost tax revenue...

Excerpt from email to the Premier of Manitoba.

The Taxation Division has discussed this issue with taxation authorities in other provinces and will be discussing alternatives and solutions to this issue. Kelly Oleson, the Assistant Director of the Taxation Division’s Management & Research Branch will keep you updated on progress that has been made after this call.
</span>

Another Weasley Berries story

[FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif]Corporate Leader Award Presented by NAACP to Wesley Berry Flowers

Wesley Berry Flowers is this year's recipient of the Corporate Leader Award presented at the 8th annual Freedom Fund Dinner of the Southern Oakland County NAACP chapter on Feb. 15, in Troy, Mich. The company was nominated because of the family and organization's history of supporting the community.

For the past six years Wesley Berry Flowers has given away more than 75,000 roses on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. There is one catch to the giveaway: everyone who takes a dozen roses must make a promise to keep one rose and give the other away to 11 different people as an expression of their support for equality and respect for their neighbors and friends, who may be of a different race, religion, tradition or lifestyle.

They also have been a longtime sponsor and supporter of the United We Walk multicultural celebration held in West Bloomfield, Mich., to honor Dr. King's legacy.

"I am very honored and humbled to be chosen as this year's recipient," said Wesley Berry.

The flower shop is a family-owned business with five locations that has been in operation in the Detroit area since 1946. Visit www.800wesleys.com for more.

Never mind.....carry on

[/FONT]

hmm they even siphoned off Good Neighbor Day (FTD) for their own purpose.............

Shame on them for being so aggressive.....

My blood pressure is rising again.....

I just went to one of Wesley Berry's "door way pages" to New Hampshire flowers. I right clicked, and chose "view source" - the phrase "New Hampshire" is used 63 times.

Does anyone know of any legal cases setting precedence for this type of misleading business practice?

Wesley also has a website to locate churches in your local area; this website has links to send flowers. http://www.local-worship.com/NH.html

800-628-9371 Top FTD Shop - Top Teleflora Shop

..... Flowers, bouquets, plants, balloons, delivered directly from a NH New Hampshire flower shop. ..... We deliver through FedEx and UPS delivery services as well as from our own brick and mortar flower shops. .... Family owned florist since 1946. Fast NH New Hampshire delivery. Voted Best Florist.

Didn't FTD sucessfully sue Pro Flowers for that? grrrrrr​

Avasflowers.com

this one popped up in a search for a florist for Freetown Indiana today. Needless to say, their about us states brick and mortar, family run, FTD Top Member....VFW, Chamber of Commerce...etc etc.
Definitely a front for OG operation. WhoIs.....domains by proxy, Scottsdale AZ of course......

There are some pages (after I searched around a bit more) that are definitely misleading and there is NO place anywhere I searched that gave a physical address.
(did a search, got nothing, in the forum if this has already been talked about)

Re: avasflowers.com

The only thing I could find on them is "FTD Online Florist" from their registration information. The site is SEO'd for a national OG...

They also have WordPress pages for each state and city like these:

http://www.avasflowers.com/michigan/

http://www.avasflowers.com/michigan/florist-midland-mi/

You can look at yours by changing the state name and city name in the above... there are hundreds of pages. Interesting how they are pulling local news from our papers web site...

Google map link to midland as well....

Their stuff says since 2006... I have not seen them before that I remember...

They're trying a lot of different spamming techniques:

-'Articles' like 'How to Order Flowers in Pittsburgh'
and 'Florida Florist Explains How To Send Anniversary Flowers Like A Pro'
Ava Rose is the professional Florida Florist that was raised in a flower shop. Ava seeks to share some of her vast floral related experience with everyone.

- 'Press Releases' about Free Flowers for Non-Profits

- 42 Doorway Page submissions to Digg and loads of pages to other social news sites.

- Blog Comment Spam

They're investing a lot of time in this....

Hi BOSS, I think you should look at the similarity of Avas about us page and this one
http://www.newcityfloristny.com/aboutus.html?source=header

Hmmm, could be the same shop????

Cheers,
Keith
Could be... or a fake built by FTD...

Odd for a florist to have this on their "about us" page:
If you are a retail florist in Bergen, Westchester, Rockland or Orange County and would like information on how you can buy flowers direct and truck them with us give us a call and you too can cut your flower costs in half while offering your customers fresher product. We can deliver to you or you can pickup the product from us. We have found the average savings for a retail florist is about 50% and you get fresher flowers!

I thought that odd also and the link to Ava's to the right. (maybe they're part of their exclusive "network")

They're trying a lot of different spamming techniques:

-'Articles' like 'How to Order Flowers in Pittsburgh'
and 'Florida Florist Explains How To Send Anniversary Flowers Like A Pro'

- 'Press Releases' about Free Flowers for Non-Profits

- 42 Doorway Page submissions to Digg and loads of pages to other social news sites.

- Blog Comment Spam

They're investing a lot of time in this....

They also have dozens of spam autoblogs like this one, and I have seen WordPress has banned a few of the due to strange behavior.

Also just happend to see that GoFlorist is advertising on Google in my city (probably everywhere) by saying "Need Avas Flowers?". Strange way to advertise...

Same business as newcityfloristny.com. Both located at:

373 Main St
New City, NY 10956
(845) 638-3300

Ava's (or their SEO/SEM) has been link spamming the heck out of Digg and many other sites to optimize for lots of cities.
I posted this earlier in the thread.

Yes, Ava's and New City Florist are owned by the same company.

Also just happend to see that GoFlorist is advertising on Google in my city (probably everywhere) by saying "Need Avas Flowers?". Strange way to advertise...

The perils of DKI in AdWords :)

Bidding on "flowers" with the Ad Title: Need {KeyWord:Flowers}

You can have some fun by searching for weird terms that include "flowers."