Please Steal Our Cupcake - People Want Them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rich, thats a great find and a generous share. Thanks! Which container seems to be the best? Large or Small?
I bought both, but prefer the smaller for a quick sale ($30). The large takes substantially more flowers ...

haha, the Container Store people are probably like "WTF??? Why are we suddenly selling all these cupcake containers?"
lol

I ran the cupcake and puppy idea by the spa owner and got a lukewarm response. She did say she knew a client who would like the puppy but the cupcake thing sounded crazy to her. I was like "Really???"

After having been a "no carn, no bb, no leather, etc." person for so long (including other shops I worked in), it feels kinda funny to go this route, but
1) I think they'll sell, which is what it's all about.
2) I don't have to put them on my front page and fill my cooler with 'em. I am going to make a "novelty" section of my website.
3.) Duh, it just occured to me....since the spa has been upselling and offering flowers for spa packages, the cupcake OR puppy could be great for their under-13 "princess parties"

Reactions: 1 person
BTW--this was all Kathy's concept and design. She saw the containers in the Container Store last year and had the idea then.

When 800-Flowers started marketing their cupcake, I figured that would drive demand, as would other florists advertising their own versions. Like the plish of yore, I think there's strength in many of us having a conceptually similar design, but with different photos, it won't look so wire service-y, which customers are getting burned out on.

They look like fun, and would add excitement . Where do you purchase the candles it look smaller than a regular taper candle .Thanks for sharing and love you website .
we used a standard 15" taper in ours - sunk it to the bottom. We have a LOT of candles purchased from other shops' closings, so this is a GREAT use for them.

we used a standard 15" taper in ours - sunk it to the bottom. We have a LOT of candles purchased from other shops' closings, so this is a GREAT use for them.

Why is it we end up with candles...I looked yesterday and have a case...of 24 inch long ivory ones..there are like 12 or more in each box and I have a freakin case....yikes..what was I thinking! I need to make really really BIG cupcakes!
RJ..thanks again for sharing the source...my containers came in and as soon as get thru a wedding and a party this weekend we are going to fool around with them...
Sher

I have the okay from our head designer.

Lets start baking.

I plan on giving the bloomery full credit on this one with a complete blog post and links back to them.

Hey becareful it looks this could bring us all closer together.

I just ordered the containers. I almost backed out when I saw the total for shipping, exchange, and duty for Canadian orders but decided to go ahead and give it a try.It worked out to around $3.70 for the larger container and just slightly less for the small one.
These will tie in perfectly for my Delectable Deliveries section. I already work with a local bakery for fresh cakes and baked goods but they don't do cupcakes.
A new Cupcake only bakery opened up only a mile away from me so I went and talked to them and will be adding a Cupcake selection as soon as I get the containers.
I'm looking forward to adding this to my Birthday and Delectables.
Thanks for the info about the containers.

Dianne
www.flowerartisan.com

got my containers yesterday. Fast shipping!!!

put the first one in the cooler. I think I am going to add "sprinkles" on some.

My teen age daughter doesn't like the candle. She think it looks like the cupcake is giving the one finger salute???

I ordered online and picked mine up at the store locally on Sunday. I can't wait to start baking. I rearranged my shop last summer and forgot where I put all of my candles. I'm having a Duh moment. This week has been so crazy. I hope to get these new designs started next week.
Thanks again, I needed something new to work on.

Ordered ours from the Container store the other night. Got notice that they have already shipped. Can't wait to start using them .....January 1.....

thanks Rich & Tanks Kathy for the wonderful idea.

Can we do a "cupcake link-up?"

Cheryl

I got my containers in today and we made a couple of them up just for fun since we are so busy filling holiday orders, NOT, here's a couple of them that we tried, I took a bunch of pictures at my house but it was dark already, so I will get better lighting tomorrow. Also waiting for larger carnations to come in, these peppermint carns are tiny! Took almost 25 to do it! Not crazy about the way these came out, I think Rich from the Bloomery nailed it best on his website.

The container is larger than I thought it would be, and I used the smaller size...my son wants to eat the peppermint candy cane cupcake!:tongue:

Attachments

• 100_8703-1.jpg
    100_8703-1.jpg
    473.8 KB · Views: 88
  • 100_8698-1.jpg
    100_8698-1.jpg
    503.6 KB · Views: 89
Why we chose Carnations...

When we were making prototypes of the cupcake, we tried a few different flowers. Carnations looked the most like icing - they blend well together and don't have strong lines about them. Fluffy frosting was what we were after, and they seemed to work the best. Besides, they are long lasting for the recipient - I bet it is the longest a cupcake will go uneaten at anyone's house or office!

Status
Not open for further replies.