tattoos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gone for four days and miss a school yard battle royal! Sorry I missed the fun. Still can't resist posting. Proof I am one of those
"HEY LOOK AT ME!!!" folks. as if the shoes don't scream that loud and clear!

I say judge not, that you be not judged...Who am I kidding ~ judge away. I can take it.:tongue:

Attachments

• tattoo-3.jpg
    tattoo-3.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 9
  • tattoo-4.jpg
    tattoo-4.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 3
my leg....

Will find more pictures later....

Chamunda, the Horrific Destroyer of Evil, 10th–11th century
India, Madhya Pradesh
Sandstone; H. 44 1/2 in. (113 cm)
Purchase, Anonymous Gift and Rogers Fund, 1989 (1989.121)
This is a fragment of a full-length sculpture portraying the ferocious Hindu goddess Kali in the form of Chamunda, an epithet derived from her act of decapitating the demons Chanda and Munda. Chamunda embodies bareness and decay. Her hair is piled up into a chignon decorated with a tiara of skulls and a crescent moon. She scowls, baring her teeth, and enormous eyeballs protrude menacingly from sunken sockets in her skeletal face. As a necklace, she wears a snake whose coils echo the rings of decaying flesh that sag beneath her collarbone. Just above her navel on her emaciated torso is a scorpion, a symbol of sickness and death. She presumably once held lethal objects in the hands of her twelve missing arms.
Chamunda is naked except for a short diaphanous dhoti partially covering the two tiger skins complete with heads that hang from her waist to her knees. Although her extremities are missing, it is clear from comparison with related images that this Chamunda stood with legs straight, the right turned outward. The starkness and uncompromising horror of this sculpture are representative of one aspect of Indian theology.
Like images of Shiva in his dark form of Bhairava, such macabre images of the Goddess are common occupants of the exterior walls of temples. They appear both on shrines dedicated to Shiva and those to the Goddess herself. Just a little background info....

Attachments

• 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: 1 person
Chamunda, the Horrific Destroyer of Evil, 10th–11th century
India, Madhya Pradesh
Sandstone; H. 44 1/2 in. (113 cm)
Purchase, Anonymous Gift and Rogers Fund, 1989 (1989.121)
This is a fragment of a full-length sculpture portraying the ferocious Hindu goddess Kali in the form of Chamunda, an epithet derived from her act of decapitating the demons Chanda and Munda. Chamunda embodies bareness and decay. Her hair is piled up into a chignon decorated with a tiara of skulls and a crescent moon. She scowls, baring her teeth, and enormous eyeballs protrude menacingly from sunken sockets in her skeletal face. As a necklace, she wears a snake whose coils echo the rings of decaying flesh that sag beneath her collarbone. Just above her navel on her emaciated torso is a scorpion, a symbol of sickness and death. She presumably once held lethal objects in the hands of her twelve missing arms.
Chamunda is naked except for a short diaphanous dhoti partially covering the two tiger skins complete with heads that hang from her waist to her knees. Although her extremities are missing, it is clear from comparison with related images that this Chamunda stood with legs straight, the right turned outward. The starkness and uncompromising horror of this sculpture are representative of one aspect of Indian theology.
Like images of Shiva in his dark form of Bhairava, such macabre images of the Goddess are common occupants of the exterior walls of temples. They appear both on shrines dedicated to Shiva and those to the Goddess herself. Just a little background info....

That tattoo is awesome. I have always loved horror movies, particularly vampire flicks, so my calf has a vampire chick with huge wings.

Shannon I love fish and am personally offended. I think you are an idiot, bad person, moronic cretin, AND a redheaded stepchild, and so is anyone who thinks like you because I am the authority on such matters and I have spoken.

:rofl: I hope you know I'm kidding!

PS if there was ever a thread that needed to be hijacked, it's this one IMO

I just saw this one! Thanks for the morning LOL. :)

V

Tatts

TATS are great if you are old enough to make your own decissions. But still they only need to be placed in areas that they could be covered if necessary. I have a ring of ivy around one toe and I love it!!! I am also getting a "Lawn Mower Man mowing the lawn right along my hysterectomy line. Now that's CUTE!

Reactions: 1 person

If one of my kids came home with tattoos, piercing, gauged ears etc. I'd smack them till they couldn't stand up.

Ooooo...child abuse... SOOOO much better a parental example than a little ink! :wallhead:

I have three. None of them florist related. A Blue & Gold Macaw on my upper left arm, A green & blue dragon on my right forearm, and a Green Man (leaf face) on my calf. And I'm not finished. Next is an African Grey parrot on my right manboob. I'm 46 years old and don't fall into the fad-follower category, thank you. These tattoos all have meaning to me and I don't care what they'll look like when I'm80. They are there for me and if someone sees them and likes them, I say thanks. If they make a smart-azz comment about my ink, I tell them to mind their own business.

Tim - North Port Floral

Status
Not open for further replies.