Status
Not open for further replies.

arspringfield

May 6, 2007
Chapel Hill
www.flickr.com
State / Prov
NC
I was noticing at state convention over the weekend that a lot of people have some sort of flower tattoo. I saw little tiny ones on a wrist to the cute little ankle ones and then there is me with 1/2 my lower leg done.

Just wondering how many of you have one or ten ;)?

Alicia

I have a cymbidium orchid with pitt and a ribbon with hubby's name on it.

I was really sure of myself that I would marry who I married.... We weren't even boyfriend/girlfriend when I had it done. he he. worked good.
Don't nobody tell me how stupid I am either for doing it. It worked!

No tats here... My kids have them, My daughter: a puzzle piece for autism and a "g clef" w/a mickey head for her music and employer : my son has a custom one he designed w/music notes and a pirate to match his carefree outlook on life. I didn't have much say but always said make sure they can be covered easily until they make their fortunes cuz some people still have very strong opinions on them.

Barb

You really lucked out Shannon. The name thing anytime is a bold move. I got my fist tat on my 25th birthday and the "piece" (totally custom) on my leg when I was appointed head designer here in the shop. My opinion is that you better be really sure of what you are getting when you get it, cause its cheap(ish) to get one, but cost a ton more to remove it. I'm going to lmao when the 18y/o crowd turns 70 and has a "butt hat". Funny stuff.

You really lucked out Shannon. The name thing anytime is a bold move. I got my fist tat on my 25th birthday and the "piece" (totally custom) on my leg when I was appointed head designer here in the shop. My opinion is that you better be really sure of what you are getting when you get it, cause its cheap(ish) to get one, but cost a ton more to remove it. I'm going to lmao when the 18y/o crowd turns 70 and has a "butt hat". Funny stuff.

IS butt hat another term for what we in the NE call a slut stamp....the tat on the lower back????

Oh by the way, I have one a couple of goldfish on my ankle....

Yeah, I've got a tattoo on my lower back, not really low but - it's in the middle of my back. So tired of hearing the "tramp stamp" jokes....really annoying. I got it before the whole lower back tat was cool.

Anyway...carry on. :>

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, butt hat, slut stamp... same difference. But the ones I'm talking about are the one that are to be covered by their thong, that sits right on top of crack... HA! thong covering anything.

I have a cymbidium orchid with pitt and a ribbon with hubby's name on it.

I was really sure of myself that I would marry who I married.... We weren't even boyfriend/girlfriend when I had it done. he he. worked good.
Don't nobody tell me how stupid I am either for doing it. It worked!

None, but if this worked for Shannon, I am putting Brad Pitt's name on me somewhere! Sorry Angelina.....

I think tattoo's look cool on other people. Whenever I have given just a thought to the idea of it, I picture myself several years from now at the "home" with an aid rolling me off my bedpan and screaming to their co-worker " Hey Tiffany, come look at this, I think it used to be on her shoulder, now it's on her ass!"
Age tends to chip away at your dignity as it is, I don't need to watch it slide. But that's just me.

Reactions: 3 people
I have one, I will share a photo.Every now and then you gotta live on the wild side keeps you young.:musical:

Attachments

• 0728081711.jpg
    0728081711.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 32
I don't have any ...

And don't even let my kids put on the temporary ones because of the negative connotation that I have for them. Have 2 designers that have them, only one has that shows, the stars on the inside wrists. Had a front sales that had them also. Must be some kind of fad. I just require that in front sales they are covered up. I have to many blue hairs and older generation that I'm sure wouldn't like to see em'.
Most eveyone that I meet usually wishes that they never got them done. I would imagine that most that have them have either covered them up or been conscious of them at one point in time ...

But in saying that. Some do look cool, but those are the ones that are like art pieces, but can't hide em' in the heat. I love Miami Heat and all the reason why people do tattoos, however its the clowns that get the stupid ones you laugh at or are scared of.

I would of loved to have " your name " tattoed on my ass when I was single. Could of gone up to any chick in a bar and do the " I have your name tattoed on my ass ", bet them, then shown them " Your name ". That would have been great !!

The barbed wire was cool when I was young. Now ... not so much. Also have a friend of mine with Motley Crue tattoo. Oh the errors of youth.

IMHO

p.s. I bet Bloomz has a flower somewhere on his body or a Grateful dead skeleton.

Alana is not a slut, but she has the phases of the moon from one hip to the other. She also has a Chinese symbol, denoting her birth sign and mine on her shoulder. My favourite one of hers is a vine on her upper arm saying, "All who wander are not lost".

I don't have any. There isn't enough booze on this planet or others to get me drunk enough. ;)

V

Just a wedding band tattooed on my ring finger, gotten on our honeymoon. I would love to have another, but can't make up my mine where or what. So I wait and dream of it.

What is the meaning of the stars on elbows & wrists? I see them sometimes & don't get it. I have only seen them in pairs, never just one wrist or one elbow.... They look almost "wicken" to me, but maybe it's because the girl I saw them on was very goth.

I have a dolphin, but didnt really want a dolphin, i wanted a nice flower but all they had in pics was roses at the time, it was quite a while ago and i didnt know you could design your own. It was one of them things that I wanted but didnt put much thought into really, if i didnt do it that day then i probably still wouldnt have one, so just went in and picked a purple dolphin they had on the wall, I quite like it though, just as well really lol, it was megga sore though so dont think id have another one, im not really a fan of torture

I have a ladybug with vines on top of my right foot (which i want to add flowers to) - also a tribal design with 2 hearts interlocked on my lower back (husband has the same one between his shoulders)...That's it....for now

.....none here.

Thanks to Dennis Rodman! Sure made me to never want a tatoo.

Boss has tattoos....I would have NEVER guessed that one.

p.s. I bet Bloomz has a flower somewhere on his body or a Grateful dead skeleton.

nah, ...a pic of Charlie Manson.

Wow, you guys really tee'd yourselves up for this one. You think you loathe me now? Wait till you hear my take on tattoos.

Fads come and fads go. Duck tails, greasers, long sideburns, long hair, bell bottoms, platform shoes, shoes with no laces, pants falling off, short shorts, long shorts, shaved head, flower children and on and on.

These things all have one thing in common: When they're no longer cool, hip, in vogue, in style, rebellious, neat or acceptable, you can stop.

When the tattoo fad peters out, as it certainly will, they all do, how many people will regret their tattoos? How many regret them now but won't admit it? If the TRUTH could be known I'll wager serious money, A LOT. Most. You're always going to have the fringe, anti-social wack jobs. They'll always like their tattoos.

Somewhere, as we speak, people are developing machines and procedures to remove tattoos. The fools will spend more money to have them removed than it cost to have the crap put on. Once again some people will become wealthy on the ignorance of the masses.

That tattoos have become so prolific, so mainstream, blows my mind. That some people tattoo themselves so extensively, blows my mind. Altering your appearance so permanently and extensively is absurd.

I think the thing that bothers me the most about tattoos is the "sheep" aspect of it. The "followers". People see celebrities, sports figures and other public degenerates getting tattoos and they automatically think it's THE THING TO DO.

The ones that aren't necessarily sheep are the "HEY LOOK AT ME!!!" folks. Then when you look at them they're the WHAT THE F--- ARE YOU LOOK'IN AT? folks.

Then you have people like this:

I have a dolphin, but didnt really want a dolphin, i wanted a nice flower but all they had in pics was roses at the time, it was quite a while ago and i didnt know you could design your own. It was one of them things that I wanted but didnt put much thought into really, if i didnt do it that day then i probably still wouldnt have one, so just went in and picked a purple dolphin they had on the wall, I quite like it though, just as well lolreally
What?

I can't imagine any symbol, saying, design or image being something that I want to see every day for the rest of my life. Especially in the mirror

I think any permanent tattoo is a gross lapse in judgment and one of the stupidest things I've ever seen people do to themselves. The fact that these people think this FAD will NEVER END makes me laugh.

If one of my kids came home with tattoos, piercing, gauged ears etc. I'd smack them till they couldn't stand up.

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.