Teleflora Delivery Confimations now useless

This DelCon feature is the SAME CRAP......I'm the florist, I DO THE WORK, and I get this shyt!!

That's just it Mikey.

"I do the work", but in today's floral world, "your work" is not done until the DelCon is sent.

And if you don't do it...you'll be in big "shyt" when your competitors regularly offer this service & you don't. ;)

Get with the program (that should get your burners heated up!)

Mikey, Mikey, Mikey,

As for clashing with you Mikey, not my intention. I hate to think I am confusing you with the facts as it appears your mind is already made up, lol.

Take care, and may the force be with you. BTW Mikey, don't look for me on the board tomorrow as I am off for the day (that's right another short week)

just quit screwing around with the facts, and we're even, and even my bed wasn't made up yet....:)

That's just it Mikey.

"I do the work", but in today's floral world, "your work" is not done until the DelCon is sent.

And if you don't do it...you'll be in big "shyt" when your competitors regularly offer this service & you don't. ;)

Get with the program (that should get your burners heated up!)

I AM in big "shyt".....it's not uncommon to reference to a particular "opening" with the location of my heart, and as far as the "program" I fail to see the "value" of adding a negative tax, unless I comply, like a furry big creature, once lovingly adored by millions flying through the galaxies, with a simple growl!!
I CAN tell you I have no use for that 62 cent on the dollar "pat on the back"!!

Get real Mark.......FED/UP gets paid for what THEY do, and quite competitively.....we do NOT!

And whose fault is that?

We get paid exactly what we request / demand. No one forces florists to offer same-day delivery for $5 in WS Wampum. We just take the order, and grumble all the way to the front door about how we're making less than slacker at Tim Horton's. ;)

What is WS Wampum?

Old-school reference to a "Toto-ism".

Toto was one of the original florist chat board characters, and while he often typed like Dan Kennedy on LSD he had a colourful vocab all his own.

Wampum = native indian currency item

WS Wampum = Wire service dollars, roughly equivalent to $0.62 real world dollars

I would envision that in a "perfect flower delivery world" that not only would the customer be able to track an order throughout the process, but they would receive an actual picture of the recipients smiling face when they receive the flowers. Sound far fetched or ridiculous? I don't think it is, after all virtually every cell phone incorporates a camera. This would be a great upsell for the selling florist ( with the fulfiller getting a portion)and add a tremendous amount of perceived value for the sender. Let Amazon try and compete with this!
I concur Doug, it's not that far fetched at all. MAS delivers delivery confirmations from the recipient driveway, easy enough to snap a shot, and have it connected to the ticket that's being marked delivered. Admittedly it will take some coding work and backend adjustments. I see it being done by the independents easily enough, however I do not think the ws technologies will handle it any time soon. Then you have the problem of getting various systems to talk to each other in a common format. While I'm sure MAS, FW, FAS and maybe 1-2 others would work together to accomplish the goal, I don't see the wires working together...

I concur Doug, it's not that far fetched at all. MAS delivers delivery confirmations from the recipient driveway, easy enough to snap a shot, and have it connected to the ticket that's being marked delivered. Admittedly it will take some coding work and backend adjustments. I see it being done by the independents easily enough, however I do not think the ws technologies will handle it any time soon. Then you have the problem of getting various systems to talk to each other in a common format. While I'm sure MAS, FW, FAS and maybe 1-2 others would work together to accomplish the goal, I don't see the wires working together...
Doug is away today, so will answer for him......about the WS's talking to each other, he'd say "that's an oxymoron".......
The very notion that 1) you cannot opt-in, or out, and 2) penalizing the filling dummy to the OG's advantage makes my blood boil...why in he** would I want to make an OG look great at doing his job ('cept" Prestonway of course)....:)

Doug is away today, so will answer for him......about the WS's talking to each other, he'd say "that's an oxymoron".......
The very notion that 1) you cannot opt-in, or out, and 2) penalizing the filling dummy to the OG's advantage makes my blood boil...why in he** would I want to make an OG look great at doing his job ('cept" Prestonway of course)....:)

...and you always do, as I've never heard a complaint about your shop...only cudos...:)

...and you always do, as I've never heard a complaint about your shop...only cudos...:)
and you know, I'm seeing a "trend"....one or two really great shops in each area, and the rest are grocery stores, so, by 2013, there should be what 3-4000 real florists across North America??
Don't need no wire service with THAT kind of end point "clamour".....

and you know, I'm seeing a "trend"....one or two really great shops in each area, and the rest are grocery stores, so, by 2013, there should be what 3-4000 real florists across North America??
Don't need no wire service with THAT kind of end point "clamour".....

Just wonder if the employees/owners of those shops no longer in business end up working AT the grocery stores. We've actually got a local grocery store chain on the Island where this has happened...with very good quality flowers, designs & prices (and they deliver too!).

As an industry, ours is not much different than what has happened with the butcher, the baker, & the candle stick makers of the past...it's just taking a bit longer...

I feel that Teleflora gave its members plenty of time to provide this service. The only reason I can see that they are forcing this is because members did not "Voluntarily" send delivery confirmations. So this is TF's way of enforcing it.

However I have a problem with Teleflora keeping the delivery confirmation money if the sending shop does not have 100% and it should be sent back to the filling florist. This way it makes both parties responsible for getting these confirmations done in a timely matter without filling the pockets of TF. If TF wants to keep the money for their own orders thats fine with me but the florist to florist orders should be left alone and push the blame on the filling and sending sides.

As far as sending a message if an order cannot be delivered same day because of the recipient then that message cost should be waived.

I feel that Teleflora gave its members plenty of time to provide this service. The only reason I can see that they are forcing this is because members did not "Voluntarily" send delivery confirmations. So this is TF's way of enforcing it.

However I have a problem with Teleflora keeping the delivery confirmation money if the sending shop does not have 100% and it should be sent back to the filling florist. This way it makes both parties responsible for getting these confirmations done in a timely matter without filling the pockets of TF. If TF wants to keep the money for their own orders thats fine with me but the florist to florist orders should be left alone and push the blame on the filling and sending sides.

As far as sending a message if an order cannot be delivered same day because of the recipient then that message cost should be waived.

What he said...

As it stands the way it is, with the sending florist getting the dollar, it would be very lopsided. After all, most of the ogs will never need to send delcons because they never fill. They would always be at 100%

Pretty much... it may just push some shops thinking of getting out off the fence too...

If shops are not willing to do this for other florists already, why would they do it for the company except to save the buck... sadly the days of doing, to help your fellow florists, has been tainted by the company stores and gatherers, neither of which I would lift a finger to help myself.

If enough silly florists just say no(more) the wires could be brought around, but that will never happen. More florists are going direct or sending customers to out of town florists directly everyday...this trend will continue to grow.

I provide delivery confirmation on all my web orders upon request and any other order if the customer wants. That said, there are costs associated with all this great technology that are not being addressed. I'm not even talking about all the message fees and fines the WS have started (since I don't belong those do not affect me) but what it costs me to have the technology, the time at the end of my day, etc. I used to be able to lock up and be out of the store all cashed out in 10 minutes before I got POS and web sites. I'm lucky if I can leave 30 minutes after closing now. Some will say, the drivers can send the del cons, but I have drivers that can barely use a cell phone. I don't have a lot of employees and they are always busy helping customers on the phone or in the shop. So I end up doing alot of the delcons after I close by which time the senders have already heard from the recipients. I just seems to me that we have made a crap load of unneccessary work for ourselves and I know there's no going back but I can honestly say, this was a much better industry before all this so called customer service. My customers and I had a trusting relationship that worked. The times have changed and I understand that. I have changed and tried to keep up. My point is simply that for all this technology and del cons, and pictures, etc. we have as an industry, more problems than ever. If anyone has access to a time machine I would be inetersted in borrowing it and going back to the 70's. Thank you for listening to my rant. As you were.

Exactly Helen, as I wrote earlier, what ever happened to the principle (and the contract of taking the order) that if you say you'll deliver it, you deliver it. Trust - now that's a word that doesn't get used much by the WS and OGs or many companies that claim they prioritize customer service.

Exactly Helen, as I wrote earlier, what ever happened to the principle (and the contract of taking the order) that if you say you'll deliver it, you deliver it. Trust - now that's a word that doesn't get used much by the WS and OGs or many companies that claim they prioritize customer service.

Oh oh, just wait until Doug sees that......not touching it myself.

Mikey, Away or not don't ever answer on my behalf in the future. First off I see absolutely no reason that the wire services cannot talk to each other except for the they are trying to goal tend their members too tightly for fear that they might use the other guy. As for "penalizing" the fulfiller, they should be penalized if they do not complete the task they signed up for. Again I will repeat... confirmations are ultimately in the best interest of the customer and our industry in the long run. Sorry Mikey but you have such a hate on for the WS's that you can not see the forest for the tree's. That why I don't want you answering on my behalf.

Reactions: theRKF