Not open for further replies.

BOSS

FlowerChat Administrator
Oct 31, 2002
Midland
www.smithsflowers.com
State / Prov
MI
Today, FlowerChat passed 50,000 posts....on over 6400 thread topics.

Along with that, we have passed 800 members.

I know these little records may not mean alot to some, but to me they do...

Thanks to each and every one of you for your participation and contributions to the FlowerChat Community!!

a pretty amazing feat.....

since it's hard enough trying to KEEP florists attention, let alone ATTRACT their attention!!
Florists are generally very busy people...we're just trying to keep up with you Mark!!...congratulations ARE in order to the FlowerChat Nation, and to ALL of it's parts!!
Some of you DON'T YET REALIZE, the impact that this group is having on this industry...some pretty darned intelligent, and dedicated, and some just plain BRILLIANT!!
THANK YOU all....

How many are actually florists? And if you are a florist....put your info on the Blog!!!! Welcome to all...and the ws do read...got a call asking what results we got from the guarantee...heehee.....I think we may have them taking a second look at our (florists and their combined power) importance to this industry.Good for us!

Thanks to Ryan, Mark and the other people that help bring Flower Chat to all our shops. This forum has been a good thing in our turbulent industry.

Isn't it time we let George Simon from FlowerSoft back into our group? I miss his posts - they had a different perspective since he has visited so many flower shops.

Frank,

George has made his decision and gone in a different direction.

Thanks for all your feedback and input - you're one of the original members, and I always look forward to reading your posts!

Ryan

Infinite said:
Frank,

George has made his decision and gone in a different direction.

Thanks for all your feedback and input - you're one of the original members, and I always look forward to reading your posts!

Ryan

Ryan, Thanks for the news on George. It's too bad he decided not to belong here anymore.

I am proud to be an original member of this outstanding board and I also look forward to reading your posts as well.

Keep up the great work Ryan!

Frank

p.s. We love our Honda Element!

:) It's fun to have been on the ground floor of something this great isn't it. :)

V

Victoria said:
:) It's fun to have been on the ground floor of something this great isn't it. :)

It has been! I can't believe the amount of things I've learned from the fine folks here. The jokes are often a highlight to the day and the genuine care and concern that people have shown each other is a joy.

Audra

Frank said:
Ryan, Thanks for the news on George. It's too bad he decided not to belong here anymore.
Yes, that is certainly too bad. I certainly miss his posts in the Flowersoft forum. They were very informative and I've learned a lot from them. I did not know he had left voluntarily. I thought he had been banned. Maybe we can talk him into coming back.

clay said:
...what exactly does a "guest" see and not see on flowerchat.com?
Thanks
No posts...just the front page, and a forum list with no posts....

Congrats!

BOSS said:
Today, FlowerChat passed 50,000 posts....on over 6400 thread topics.

Along with that, we have passed 800 members.

I know these little records may not mean alot to some, but to me they do...

Thanks to each and every one of you for your participation and contributions to the FlowerChat Community!!

Hey Mark,

You sound like a proud Papa! Congratulations to you, Ryan and all the "charter" members of FC! I'm so glad I found FC! You make my world blossom! FC is my own little myspace! When did FC premiere and please name the original cast members!

Mark, Ryan et al:

Since I wasn't here at the beginning, I would like to have a history lesson.

I think there maybe others who would also like to read how this forum was formed and evolved.

How did you pioneers meet and develop this forum.

Joe

October 31st, 2002 is the date of birth ( I think). Ryan (the Dad), can tell you who the first members were. According to my listing, I joined on that day, as did Mark.

I just know that it's a wonderful venue with an ecclectic array of people from all over the place. So much knowledge and experience and all for the minimal asking price of participation. :)

V

Victoria said:
October 31st, 2002 is the date of birth ( I think). Ryan (the Dad), can tell you who the first members were. According to my listing, I joined on that day, as did Mark.

I just know that it's a wonderful venue with an ecclectic array of people from all over the place. So much knowledge and experience and all for the minimal asking price of participation. :)

V

V. and it has been a true pleasure getting to know a bit about you.

j.:)

clay said:
what exactly does a "guest" see and not see on flowerchat.com?
Good question. I logged out and could view every post in the News and Announcements Forum from Day 1 of FC, all the posts in the new Member Blogs, all the photos in the Image Gallery, and all the listings in the FC Member Directory.

Joe Mioux said:
I think there maybe others who would also like to read how this forum was formed and evolved.
IIRC the forum existed before the Oct. 31, 2002 date but was running on different software and didn't require login??. (Please excuse the mental-pause.)

You can see the roots of the current versions's membership here. (just sort the member list by 'Join Date'.)

Frank said:

George has his own forum now.

History Lesson

First ten members in order of signup:
1) Infinite
2) Boss
3) BBJ
4) K A Hall (at the time, it was Bon Jon Bovi, as I recall)
5) Victoria
6) Hero
7) Leona
8) Sunny
9) jbarb
10) Joanne

FlowerChat launched on Oct 31st, 2002 -the day our FTD membership terminated, and my access to the FTD bulletin board was cancelled. About 30 seconds after I flicked the "ON" switch, Boss signed up.

Since then, we've expanded, added forums, blogs, galleries - and a few other projects that didn't work as planned :) We've seen other chat boards disappear, some that are all but dead, but FlowerChat just keeps on getting better and better.

Ryan

Joe Mioux said:
V. and it has been a true pleasure getting to know a bit about you.

j.:)

Thanks Joe. I send the same thought about you. :)

I'm looking at the list Ryan provided and I'm excited to be in the top ten; without it being the "ten most wanted" list. ;)

V

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.