Who's on Facebook?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember to go to your business page and publish it to your personal page(that is if you want them linked) I don't mind because I live a boring life and don't care if my business people know about my real life. I think it gives my online persona a real one, pictures and stuff...who knows...

I have also, put some of your business pages in my favs...so that people can find other businesses aroung the country that I personally know...It lets people have the thoughts that you are world reknown..It gives you alot of credability....I think anywho...

You can create a badge and put it on your site as well go to your profile page and bottom left it will say create badge it walks you thru.

To join groups...

You can do a search (upper right corner), then read thru the list of results...notice the "join group" tag on the far right of the list. Simply click that tag to join the group. If it says "request to join" means it's not a public group and you must be approved to join.

If you click on the name of a group, it will take you to the group page. To join the group...look for the "join this group" tag, it's usually the second tag on the right under "view discussion board"

The far right is nothing but ADS ...

To become a fan...

Go to any storefront... notice the tag upper right side of the page "Browse more Stores", click. It will take you to a ramdom list of store fronts...

find the nav bar upper left "my pages" "Friend's Pages" 'Browse All Pages"

...click on friend's list. Here is an example listing

Mocha Rose Floral Designs
store
41 fans - Become a Fan

simply click on "become a fan"

Again, if you click on the name of the store front, it will take you to the store page. To become a fan...look for the "become a fan" tag in the upper right, click...

Click on "my pages", if your store is not listed...you are not a fan of your store or you have not published the page to the public.

Jennifer, is there a pic of a couple w/2 kids between them on your profile? Assuming it's you but wanna make sure. :)

Steve said:
Well not sure what to do next but I appear to have at lease set up a page on face book Chappell's Florist tomorrow I will try to figure out what the heck to do with it now that I am there.

I found and became a fan of Chappell's Florist...but didn't find your personal page.

OK, time for another lesson...

Did you know the #1 search on Facebook is for High School alumni

How to search....
1st...list your High School and College with Grad year on your profile...

To search for other alumni from your school, click on your "School Name" in your profile...
This will give you a list of Facebook people that listed that "School Name" in their profile...
(notice that the majority in this list graudated within the last 10 to 15 years)

To search for other alumni from your Grad class, click on the "year"
This will give you a list of Facebook people that listed that "School Name and year" in their profile...

While you are on the page of search results for your School, notice the "year date" in the center of the top of the page...
If you wish to look at other years from that School, click on the date...a drop down menu will allow you to choice the year.

Have fun...BTY, does your School Class have a group?

Remember what your mom said about "everyone else is doing it..."? I'm in too ~ no smarty pants comments about my photos though ~

mlou, can you make an additional sub-group from a school group? My college class is having our 30th reunion next May (I'm not that old, but the rest of the class is :) ). We wanted to make a reunion signup sub-page for those of us already on Facebook. Do you know a way to do this?? Thanks. jenny

mlou, can you make an additional sub-group from a school group? My college class is having our 30th reunion next May (I'm not that old, but the rest of the class is :) ). We wanted to make a reunion signup sub-page for those of us already on Facebook. Do you know a way to do this?? Thanks. jenny

Piece of cake...

Just open a new group...
(I'm assuming there is *** College '79 group)

Make the new group
*** College '79 -30th reunion

That way you can have all infomation about the 30th reunion in one place.

BIG HINTS
Remember to invite other classmates to join Facebook and your reunion group (as you are getting their current e-mail addresses) and become a fan of your storefront.

Be sure add pictures before and after the reunion and tag Facebook members.

Status
Not open for further replies.