Not open for further replies.

Mikey the Flower Guy

It's a GREAT DAY to live, and love!
Nov 10, 2002
Dundas, Ontario, Canada
www.hamiltonflorists.com
State / Prov
Ontario
oh boy...just when you think that incoming CAN'T get any more unsatisfying, THIS has to happen.
A friend will be posting shortly, about THEIR experiences with incoming orders from FTD retrans.....
Shortly.....
Mike

Anticipation works for ketchup...;)

I'm researching this to make sure I'm correct....

that FTD Retrans is "curtailing" orders $$$ from Fleurop, overseas.
One shop owner, is reporting a FULL paper trail of funds witheld from fulfillment shops on THIS side of the Atlantic.
I am still checking whether this is TRUE, whether it's a "percentage" they curtail', or a fixed amount based on volume/location
Mike

There's anticipation and then there's anticipation .

I'm more than a tad curious myself.
Audra

would not surprise me a bit. But then again with the logic of the WS I could see them doing a fixed currency exchange. Something similar to charging a flat rate for shipping those stupid selection guides. You know, charging $50 to ship it when we could have it shipped for $7 that sort of thing. So for the flowers they just take off a flat rate to cover the exchange regarless of what the exchange really is....

Much like the credit card companies "charge" you an extra 2% on currency exchanges?

Ex: If $1 Cdn = $0.78 USD then you get a rate of $0.76 or 0.80 depending on which direction the money is going.

AND it would be interesting to see WHAT percentage they are taking. I think 2% is a bloody scam from VISA. What's FTD :FTDme us for??

Did you notice the text you type to get that icon?

BTW - if you look closely, you can see the brand name on the tube.

Originally posted by Infinite
AND it would be interesting to see WHAT percentage they are taking. I think 2% is a bloody scam from VISA. What's FTD :FTDme us for??

Hey Ryan buddy,

Get yourself a US set of credit cards, then it's in US funds when you shop in the US. Plus other cards offer various rates of exchange rates on cards, I know one MC I have is 1.1% while another is 2.2% (Canadian MC's in that case) then Amex's are different as well.

I have a direct contact name overseas....

I ALREADY proved to myself today of this being true..NOW I just need to find out how far back this goes....
Mike

PM me, and I'll give you the overseas....

phone number, and check a couple of YOUR OWN ORDERS, to try and expand this "investigation"!!
Mike

Does anyone At FTD know you are looking at this right now?
Luc

I hope so...

could be thousands of dollars owing each and every member receiving Retrans orders...have I told them....NO
You plan on blowing the whistle??....
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.