Blowing the whistle on FTD Retrans....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Mickey, the filling florist was deprived of a potential profit but the consumer was the who was ripped off by FTD. I have to agree with Tom. I'm sure a class actions suit, if successful, would return the money to the consumers and not the filling florists.

Sunny,
It was like this; it was a cold Ontario winter day in the middle of a snow storm and Mikey was looking forward to heavin' back a few cold ones and watching the idiot box when Sandie would have none of that! Sandie got out the job jar (you know like Dagwood's Blondie would do) but Mikey remembered he was busy. "But Sandie, uh, FTD was ripping us off!" "Where?" says Sandie. "uh, I think it was umm, retrans, yeah, retrans!". "How?" says Sandie. "I'm not sure" says Mikey "I have to call, umm, Interflora overseas before I know but I'll tell you when I figure it out Sandie". "Ok, Mikey but as soon as you're done I've got a few things for you to do". Of course we know that an indepth investigation can take days, even weeks! :>

Gee, Mikey, I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist!!!!:beer

Mikey information was given tohim by another florist when she found this was happening to her. Timid as she is, Mikey took it upon himself to go deeper on this. ANd he did and what he is discovering is right. Also please keep it in mind, 6 fleurin last year was different than this year. And so on, so if htis goes back as far as 3 years or MORE the fleurin rate is different.
Luc

George...I agree the consumer is owed!!

The original purchasers are owed refunds of the monies stolen, and the fill florist is owed the same amount as a penalty!!
FTD doesn't think twice about penalizing a member for missed payments, and the likes of lost "rebates"!
IF YOU had EVER attempted to justify the reason for your "tardiness" you would not likey convince FTD money to give you a break.
THEN, you'd have to fight like H**L through your FBC and anyone that would listen.
FTD MUST pay up at BOTH ENDS!!
Mike

Welcome back Tom. :)

My question...what's the next cautious step?

V

Mike , have you approached FTD with your bill for monies owed yet? And if you have what was the reaction?

So sorry to hear that, my deepest condolences to you and Sandy.

It's working....

florists are sending in "price changes" on every incoming Retrans order and getting a MINIMUM of $9.24 additional ADDED to current orders!!
We ALL need to do this...NOT just a few of us....DO IT, and start researching past orders, and have them handy...
Mike

I discovered the same with just anotehr order the other day and previous orders from last year.

To me that is plain stealing from consumers.
Luc

UPDATE:

I've done some research into the Teleflora International workings. They absolutely DO NOT engage in the same type of practice. The amount sent from overseas is the amount received by the florist. No skimming international orders.

Sorry for sounding stupid ...but how do you find out if it has been sent for less???

I am Telefloral only so it looks like I don't have to worry about this but depending on how many years it goes back I will go back if need be.

Thanks Knife's wife:confused:

We phone interflora office and they gave us the exact amount in fleurin dollars we should be getting for a order. We provided them a delivery date and name and they did the rest. After checking back order. EVERY SINGLE ORDER I RECEIEVED was short by 6 fleurin by FTD. THis year 6 fleurin in Canada is $9.24 that should go to the receiving shop and receipient. By the time we take the appropriate taxes etc. it doesnt leave much to fill. Now if the 6 fleruin was there it would help. Imagine this. 100,000 orders a year in canada X 9.24 = agood amount of change for FTD.
Is that fair? Is that Legal? My opinion is it is stealing from the consumer. Here we are trying to be honest florist but FTD is not.
Trust us, they said....
Luc

So which fees/charges are going to be increased to cover the cost of resolving this?

It reminds me of all the settlements paid out by police departments, cities, hospitals, governments etc. when people sue for wrongful treatment. WHO PAYS? WE DO through our tax dollars. Never the individuals responsible. This will be no different.

Originally posted by Paul
Never the individuals responsible. This will be no different.

I beg to differ Paul... I think this time, we're going to see some major fireworks.

SEVEN YEARS PAUL!!...

research has told us this "theft" goes back to 1997, almost 7 full years!! This is a simple question you YOU Paul....
How many Retrans orders did you fill in THAT time, TIMES 6 Fleurins (which is NOT a constant!)...just do some simple math.
The "difference" here, and what YOU described, is WE PAY to be stolen from as members!!
IF, FTD had in 1997 said "we are moving in a new direction, towards franchising, and EACH QUALIFIED FTD MEMBER will be allocated a designated incoming area, and each order will be charged a "ROYALTY" for this "priviledge"", then MAYBE, FTD would have a defense!!
Dear Paul...DO NOT become one of those PROFESSIONAL SHOP OWNERS, that has resolved himself/herself into opening your doors to open and transparent "theft".
You wouldn't tolerate that from walk in customers...WHY ON EARTH would you tolerate that from the VERY ORGANIZATION, that you pay hefty fees to??
Mike

Re: SEVEN YEARS PAUL!!...

Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel the same way as you do about all this!!!

I am simply saying THEY will cover their losses by adding new costs to the members....the new reality is that WE always pay for someone else's doodoo...in all aspects of life. It's the law now, isn't it? You get away with as much as you can and then hire a lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.