BudgetDesignerFlorals Intro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember though, not all home based people are of that ilk. We have many who work hard at what they do, so let's not let one really bad apple colour it difficult for the future applicants.

V

Yup, dot for you!!

I've also dealt with too many hobbyists with money who buy a B&M shop to have some fun. (Or, often, hubby with $$$ buys it to keep wifey busy and entertained ... sigh)

Ryan

I've also dealt with too many hobbyists with money who buy a B&M shop to have some fun. (Or, often, hubby with $$$ buys it to keep wifey busy and entertained ... sigh)

Ryan

True enough, however, atleast these types of florists are competing on the same field as serious B&M shops.

Most homebased flower businesses are based out of their homes to avoid the overhead and skim the cream off, aka weddings.

Don't take those last two sentences to be demeaning of the homebased florist's expertise. Some of these ppl are qualified, but it still doesn't diminish the fact that their operational costs are different (lower) than a shop operating in the traditional manner - a retail outlet.

This whole thread has been slimy. I read a particular glee or giddyness amongst some of the posters that they were knocking down budgetflorist.

While I am on this subject. Some of you have been down right mean to new applicants. They don't know the rules of admission. You do. The curt suggestions of reading and following the application process often time comes across as mean.

I don't believe you do this intentionally.

Remember these applicants don't know you. I do and I still cringe sometimes when reading some of your responses to these new applicants. This isn't anything new, it is just a casual observation I have made since Ryan implemented this New Applicant process.

Let me reiterate.... I am speaking in generalities, if pushed I could go back and find examples but I won't.

Whenever, I see a new applicant not answer the questions as written I imagine old WWII movies cliche type dialogue of a Nazi interogator's German Accent saying...

"Vee hav vays ov makeeng u tawk!"

Don't read too much seriousness in it, it is just the first thing that pops in my head with some of you.

I only say this because I don't want to see ppl not admitted view this forum in a negative vein.

Hopefully you all understand that this not me chastising any of you. It is just how I and I would suspect the New Applicant might feel.

Joe

Reactions: 4 people
Budget nudget

Joe, after only two responses which I believe were not rude, this is what the home based applicant wrote,

Wow, we have the flower snob brigade. You are a moron if you ignore that fact that more than 75% of brides are using David's Bridal. And working within someone's budget is a sales tactic - if you had half a brain, you would get that fact. You can sell them on a lot more once you've got them. Sorry to piss on your little parade.

Well, I am not going to interview for this crap, so frankly, stick the thorns where the sun doesn't shine. While your business collapses, I am keeping up with the times. Good luck!
Do we really want this nutball in FC? I don't. Red dot me if you will but I'm standing firm on this one.

As being one of the regular participants in "greeting" the new applicants I'm surprised by your comments Joe. There are several of us who have regularly taken up the gauntlet to direct the new applicants to a successful inclusion in the community.

Sometimes, not often, tempers are frayed... that's part of the human frailty. Perhaps if more long standing members joined in the process of asking the key questions there might be less "pressure" on those of us who try very hard to maintain the integrity of the board.

V

Reactions: 1 person
As being one of the regular participants in "greeting" the new applicants I'm surprised by your comments Joe. There are several of us who have regularly taken up the gauntlet to direct the new applicants to a successful inclusion in the community.

Sometimes, not often, tempers are frayed... that's part of the human frailty. Perhaps if more long standing members joined in the process of asking the key questions there might be less "pressure" on those of us who try very hard to maintain the integrity of the board.

V

Hi V.

Like I said, don't take my previous comment too much to heart.

Take it serious and it is not meant as a criticism. Rather, look at it from the applicant's position.

They don't know you or anyone else here. I read some of the questions/responses from members as abrupt for a new applicant not knowing you or the other gatekeepers. I sometimes pop in here and will give a green dot to those I judge as a future asset. I just don't go out my way to make them feel uncomfortable.

I leave those type comments to some of my favorite FC'rs. ;)

Joe

Joe, after only two responses which I believe were not rude, this is what the home based applicant wrote,

"Wow, we have the flower snob brigade. You are a moron if you ignore that fact that more than 75% of brides are using David's Bridal. And working within someone's budget is a sales tactic - if you had half a brain, you would get that fact. You can sell them on a lot more once you've got them. Sorry to piss on your little parade.

Well, I am not going to interview for this crap, so frankly, stick the thorns where the sun doesn't shine. While your business collapses, I am keeping up with the times. Good luck!

Do we really want this nutball in FC? I don't. Red dot me if you will but I'm standing firm on this one.

I was not commenting about this particular persons qualifications as a new FC member, but rather commenting about the New Applicant Application Process.

Lets look back through FIVE PAGES -- Five pages of what? -- It appears five pages of FC'rs ranting on one person's application. --

This whole thread was more than just someone wanting to gain admission. I could care less if Budgetsomething gained admission.

Emotions are a tough thing to control sometimes.

We all need to try.

Joe

Ok I was naughty in this thread and you make some good points Joe but I gotta jump in! Chez wasn't calling you a moron at all. Those comments were made by the new lady which is why we were so down on her.

Chez, I normally don't respond to your comments, but since you decided to call me a moron. I will.

Joe ... if you had read Chez's post, you would have seen that the "moron" comment was part of the quote from the applicant.

No one called you a moron.

Deep breath.

Now apologize.

This budget designer person has taken way to much energy from all of us..she is rude, looks like she is a novice with an atittude and so maybe we should just let it rest....however with that being said, I would check on her site periodically just to make sure she is using her own work etc...if this is what is up and coming from the next generation of designer, then not only should a business class be offered to them but a communication skills class as well...
Sher

Reactions: 2 people
Joe ... if you had read Chez's post, you would have seen that the "moron" comment was part of the quote from the applicant.

No one called you a moron.

Deep breath.

Now apologize.

YeS YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSSS

I know I goofed!!!!

I misread it and I caught it before your post.

CHEZ, My humblest apologies!!!!!

I got a red dot for a post I misread.

I deserved the dot as the comment was read by the red dotter. I edited my comments after re=reading Chez's post.

Red Dotter, pm me and let me know who you are.

I won't retaliate, I haven't in the past.

I don't retaliate.

Even Hollywood gets no red dots from me.

I deserved that dot, so other fc'rs leave it go and do not green dot me to counter this red dot.

thanks
joe

Then why post about the bloody dot???

If you deserved it and you don't want anything done - let it go :)

Uggh! I don't understand why Joe would get a red dot anyways (and I'm talking pre-edit)

I do agree with what Joe had to say (not the comments on chezbloom), but perhaps this particular thread is a bad example. I think his words pertain more to some of the other new member intro threads.

You know in a way, I must say thank you to this particular applicant (banned but still I say thanks). This is the one of the few times I have seen so much interest and so many views in a new applicant thread. Impressive. ;)

V

Like I said, maybe, just maybe, the members who just pop in now and again to dispense dots, will use this applicant as a jumping in more regularly to participate more actively in the whole process point... always a hope.

V

hmm, red dots... I never use them for a posting...opinions vary (gawsh) but I do not hesitate when I find something in a new member applicant that is dishonest, doesn't want to answer questions after a great many days (and you know they've been online..easy to check that)....or blatantly disregards the "help" offered by long time members during their intro threads.
Joe, I'd greenie you.....!!
In all these years I've been a member ....dots never occured to me, but the comments from those green dots...priceless!

I know quite well that not all home based florists are like "budget". I personally know one who is quite good. But I also know several who are just horrid.

Regardless, Budget just flat irritated me. Not just with her posts here but also with her comment (also flat out stupid) on her website about "a spritz of crowing glory perked them right up" This is her speaking of wilted flowers. Oh brother!

There are so many of us "lifers" in this business in FC. I sincerely do want to teach what I know and also learn as much as I can from every person in this business I meet.

Budget on the other hand, I truly believe she thinks she knows it all, and BS's her way through the stuff she doesn't know.

If I don't know something, I'll say "I don't know" And if I'm wrong, I'll say I'm wrong... For instance, There was a thread a while back about lily pads. I thought lily pads and galax were the same. Apparently they are not, now I know.

But this isn't about me, It's about Budget. She has a lot to learn, and I don't think she can learn it with an attitude like she has.

By the way, I'll never ever tell any of you to stick thorns up your butts...FYI

Thank you and good night! ;)

P.S. we need a bowing smily face...

Status
Not open for further replies.