Announcement Change Is Here!

It's definitely worth it! I'm hooked like a drug addiction. When you build the rehab center, could it be somewhere warm? I'm so sick of Lake effect snow and 20 degrees. Where do we go to pay?

Thanks for your support :)

The subscription form can be found here.

Sorry, but I don't see 100 bucks of value yet.

From a marketing standpoint alone:

If you were to implement just one of the good ideas from one of the better discussions on marketing, you would get 10x that back in a year. I spent over $400 on books, ebooks and other search engine marketing tools last year alone. From the "Reinventing Ourselves" post alone, a person could have paid this membership in a heartbeat with the advice that was given there. We get out of it what we chose to through action and implementation.

I am not even speaking of the advice that can be gleaned on design, product selection, SEO, websites etc.

Even the discussions on Wire Services are somewhat useful. ;)

I think this is a great move, and long overdue.

I am in just let me know how to pay? As I said in a post yesterday This is the year we must start growing again either we figure out how to grow the florist business or it will be time to get the hell out of the way because we are all going to get steamed rolled

I for one don't see adding this expense to my books.

My New Years Resolution was to waste(spend) less time on flowerchat-- So perhaps this is the incentive I needed. I feel I should just spend more time working directly with my customer base rather than wondering what would make the industry better as a whole, or discussing for the millionth time the tftdogs effect on the floral world.
I have enjoyed the banter that often accompanies a FC thread, but often they are endless rants. There have been several times I have gleaned useful information, but I'm not sure to the tune of $100 or more...
I will have to think long and hard about this...
I would rather endure more ads than have to pay a subscription.

Just a thought--- for Ryan... I wouldn't be paying you for a florist 2.0 website had it not been for flowerchat-- so hopefully this pays off for you in the end, but I'm pretty sure this may be a fond farewell for me.

To those who have given and shared selflessly in the past, Thank You so much, Maybe we will meet again, in another forum of this type on another planet --perhaps with world peace.

sincerely best wishes
mrflowermarket

I am in just let me know how to pay? As I said in a post yesterday This is the year we must start growing again either we figure out how to grow the florist business or it will be time to get the hell out of the way because we are all going to get steamed rolled

You can access the subscriptions any time via Settings -> Paid Subscriptions (left side menu) or directly at www.flowerchat.com/forums/payments.php

Thanks!

I personally think the decison to now make this a paid forum is off base.

This board has already chased away many of the early posters of the online florist community. With their leaving a large amount of knowledge and business acumen has vanished.

Now you add to that, the idea of paying to communicate with others within the industry and well................

But as what once was the famous phrase of one of those that has left............opinions vary!

:yourock:
I personally think the decison to now make this a paid forum is off base.

This board has already chased away many of the early posters of the online florist community. With their leaving a large amount of knowledge and business acumen has vanished.

Now you add to that, the idea of paying to communicate with others within the industry and well................

But as what once was the famous phrase of one of those that has left............opinions vary!
:jester

I agree with SFOX in that many have left flowerchat because of the attitudes and fighting. I didn't know them well but I'm sure they all had knowledge to contribute. All that knowledge is now gone. When you add having to pay I'm sure this will rub some the wrong way and more will leave. Especially with some trying to make ends meet another $100 a year might not work so well. But then I look at it of all that I have gained and at only .27 a day I think its more than worth it. I am just fearful that more will leave than I'm expecting and I will have already paid the $100. I just don't want to be 1 of 3-5 people here on flower chat. I say sign me up too if we can be guaranteed at least a certain number of people signed up and active on the forum, that's why I wanted to do a poll or just get a quick look at the members wanting to still participate.

Let's see. Pay a fee for a great resource that has been given to us for free for seven years, or not pay a fee and see the board disappear or become redundant.

V

This board has already chased away many of the early posters of the online florist community.
I look at it a different way, many thin skinned people have taken their toys and left the sand box. Partially due to the lack of forward movement, and the same rhetoric over and over.

Are we part of the solution? or part of the demise of the industry?

It's not just about communication, heck the telephone still works for that.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and getting the same results. It's time to move on.

I agree with SFOX in that many have left flowerchat because of the attitudes and fighting. I didn't know them well but I'm sure they all had knowledge to contribute. All that knowledge is now gone. When you add having to pay I'm sure this will rub some the wrong way and more will leave. Especially with some trying to make ends meet another $100 a year might not work so well. But then I look at it of all that I have gained and at only .27 a day I think its more than worth it. I am just fearful that more will leave than I'm expecting and I will have already paid the $100. I just don't want to be 1 of 3-5 people here on flower chat. I say sign me up too if we can be guaranteed at least a certain number of people signed up and active on the forum, that's why I wanted to do a poll or just get a quick look at the members wanting to still participate.

I think you understand what I wanted to convey in my message. The value of this board was in the mixture of people whose business ideas vary. If all you have left is those of the same opinion, well............

:yourock:
My New Years Resolution was to waste(spend) less time on flowerchat-- So perhaps this is the incentive I needed. I feel I should just spend more time working directly with my customer base rather than wondering what would make the industry better as a whole, or discussing for the millionth time the tftdogs effect on the floral world.
I have enjoyed the banter that often accompanies a FC thread, but often they are endless rants. There have been several times I have gleaned useful information, but I'm not sure to the tune of $100 or more...
I will have to think long and hard about this...
I would rather endure more ads than have to pay a subscription.

Just a thought--- for Ryan... I wouldn't be paying you for a florist 2.0 website had it not been for flowerchat-- so hopefully this pays off for you in the end, but I'm pretty sure this may be a fond farewell for me.

To those who have given and shared selflessly in the past, Thank You so much, Maybe we will meet again, in another forum of this type on another planet --perhaps with world peace.

sincerely best wishes
mrflowermarket
I have a question.............Are you going to retire my cute and sweet AVATAR? :jester

It's already over 10 this morning, not including Admins.

Right this morning has been good with the conversation..Somedays it looks like nothing has happened or its just ranting about wireservices. This rate seems fine for me. I'd say if we can have at least 10 people I'm in.

I look at it a different way, many thin skinned people have taken their toys and left the sand box. Partially due to the lack of forward movement, and the same rhetoric over and over.

Are we part of the solution? or part of the demise of the industry?

It's not just about communication, heck the telephone still works for that.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and getting the same results. It's time to move on.
Some of those thin skinned people you talk about were some of the more successful business people within this industry. Losing them has created a sandbox played in by those of the same bent. While the sandbox may be full, nothing new is being gained.

Well, Even though I am not now nor have I ever been a flowershop owner, I can attest that FlowerChat has paid for itself many times over in tips, tricks, friends, comaradierie, and expanding my florist world. So many things have contributed to making me a better designer/employee, that alone warrants maintaining the paid subscription to FlowerChat. As far as posters who have left, Not alll of them but some of them remind of a phrase I have heard many times " They's jest grumpy ole men set in de'ole ways and when dey's set, dey set"

Reactions: peggy70130
Some of those thin skinned people you talk about were some of the more successful business people within this industry. Losing them has created a sandbox played in by those of the same bent. While the sandbox may be full, nothing new is being gained.
Understood, and many of them are my personal friends that I still talk to on a regular basis. sfox, what if this change brings them back and others too that thought FC was "just a toy"? What then?