FC Biggest Loser Challenge

Had friends come by for a surprise visit last night with pizza and homemade ice cream.

Tried to be good! I think I'm ok, because there was a fair bit of shoveling work yesterday, too.

Had friends come by for a surprise visit last night with pizza and homemade ice cream.

Tried to be good! I think I'm ok, because there was a fair bit of shoveling work yesterday, too.
According to MyFitnessPal, you burn 500-odd calories if you shovel snow for an hour - that's worth 2 pizza slices!
Emily

Reactions: theRKF
Well, another Sunday come and gone, I stayed the same on the scale, but I've noticed my jeans are fitting much nicer!
I sometimes also check out the scales on Wed., if I get a chance this week, I'll check it out and see if I show a loss then, but I know I'll definately keep up with the yoga and the free step on the Wii.

Good luck to everyone this week!

so I've been trying really hard to eat more often. Today I ate as much food as I normally do in 3 or 4 days combined. I snacked on sliced green peppers all day. For lunch I had pasta with marinara sauce, a bowl of berries, a slice of fresh bakery bread. For dinner I had homemade chili with ground turkey, rice and a couple really small pieces of bakery bread toasted with olive oil and herbs, for a snack I had some real aged provolone cheese slices.

I can't believe I ate so much in one day!

True Confessions
I gained a pound since this started in January. Happens every time I try to diet. Just the thought of a diet makes me hungrier for junk food. So I begin again today and add more exercize ( and by more I mean any)
I hope the rest of you are having some success, although misery does love company!

Reactions: anytimeflowers
I've certainly plateaued and bounced a bit. Currently down about 15 lbs, but it's slowed considerably :)

Helen, thanks for starting this thread.

Weight has been an ongoing issue for much of my life. I live at the end of a bunji cord I think. However, this year for whatever reason I have become motivated to invest in myself for a change. I received a lovely bonus for Christmas so I joined Weight Watchers 5 weeks ago and will start a walking clinic at the Running Room (10K walks are the goal). I have lost 18 pounds thus far and am so pleased with myself. :) I actually look forward to the weigh in on Tuesday mornings!

I don't know what the ultimate goal is but when I reach the point where I am comfortable and happy and able to move without a lot of effort, I will know I've reached it. I can say I already have gained 18 pounds worth of extra energy and my knees don't hurt as much.

V and her pedometre.

V

True Confessions
I gained a pound since this started in January. Happens every time I try to diet. Just the thought of a diet makes me hungrier for junk food. So I begin again today and add more exercize ( and by more I mean any)
I hope the rest of you are having some success, although misery does love company!

I'll keep you company Helen......I haven't been back on the scale, but I think I've gained a few back from before Valentine's Day.
I'm jumping back on the bandwagon, vowing to exercise, at least every other day, if not more.

I was down 8 lbs but managed to gain one back! Work has kept me from walking every day - if I can get back to that I should be able to drop a pound a week as per my original goal.

Just the thought of a diet makes me hungrier for junk food.

Me too! I don't diet anymore for this very reason. It just sets up a huge rebellion inside. I've been seeing a personal trainer who has helped me so much. He's NoThInG like the trainers on the show--no yelling, no shaming, always encouraging me to keep going no matter what. Also listening to Geneen Roth's Women Food and God over and over and over everytime I get in the car. It's taken since last summer, so it's really slow, but I've lost 14 pounds.

Read more: FC Biggest Loser Challenge
Where professional florists grow FC Professional Florist Community

The first three letters of the word diet spell die... not a great beginning to a positive life experience!

V